GSdx 1.0
(08-18-2015, 12:57 AM)refraction Wrote: Did you not read the progress report on the main page or try a recent Git build?

yes i've read.but still broken in hardware mode
Intel i7 4790k / 32gb Ddr3 1600Mhz / GTX 1080 /Wind 10 64bit

Sponsored links

It shouldn't be. Have you tried opengl with some of the accurate options?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

According to the progress report it is only solved in SW.
Well I used the openGL renderer as reference to compare the draw call. Please post some screenshot of the issue. As a bonus, I reuse the, previously borken, SW optimization on the GL renderer ^^
By saying flashlight jonaand means shadows and lightspot that are cast by the flashlight, not the flashlight itself.

I haven't checked Gsdx for a while, and so I decided to test it today, and I have some bad news.

All regressions occurred in Hardware mode.

Silent Hill: Origins

It is still the same as I described it here with a single exception: the upper part of the flashlight doesn't render anymore. I don't now when the regression occurred, since the last time I tested the game I was using GSdx revision 2015  06 26 20315. Checked all the options and they don't help.

Silent Hill 2

Even thought the flashlight spiky bug has been fixed, new regressions have occurred: Indoor scenes have broken lightning (it's way to dim), realtime shadows do not render anymore, the fade to black effect doesn't work.

Now, in details.

1) Lightning and realtime shadows: It's broken only when there are realtime shadows in a given scene. For instance in a corridor in the Wood Side Appartments there are lamps on the ceiling. When you are far from them, they do not cast the realtime shadow of the character, but when you approach them, the shadow appears. And at this exact moment the lightning becomes to dim and shadows do not appear. It's as if someone turned the switch off. The outdoor areas are unaffected (there are shadows below the characters, but they are not realtime, like the shadows in indoor areas).

OGL Hardware

OGL Software

2) Fade to black effect: It is obviously used in the menus, transition screens and when you go into the other location. 

Once again, nothing fixes these bugs. The last revision I checked this game with was Gsdx 2015 06 26 20315.

Here's the GS dump that contains the lightning bug.

Silent Hill 4

All the bugs I mentioned here (I can't find it, it seems it was deleted, anyway realtime shadows and selfshadowing don't work) are still there, but as with Silent Hill 2, the fade to black effect doesn't work anymore.

I don't have Silent Hill 3, but I think it has the same bugs as Silent Hill 2, since they use the same engine and had the same bugs for a long time.
Please edit your post to put HW or SW accordingly. Regression in SW or HW mode?
(08-18-2015, 11:45 AM)gregory Wrote: Please edit your post to put HW or SW accordingly. Regression in SW or HW mode?

It's the HW mode, I've updated my post with this info and also added the GS dump.
Ok. Thanks. Which version did you test. I introduced a regression couple of day ago that I fixed this morning.
(08-18-2015, 12:22 PM)gregory Wrote: Ok. Thanks. Which version did you test. I introduced a regression couple of day ago that I fixed this morning.

It's Gsdx rev. 2015 08 17 113838 from v1.3.1-971-gf9e6a02.
Let's talk about something positive.

Resident Evil 4

(Tested in native resolution and in Hardware mode, Gsdx rev 2015 08 17 113838).

I previously described this game here

Ghosting images in front of the player are still present and fixed by OGL depth option, but the white lines in front of the player are mostly fixed in HW mode. You don't need to turn any option - it works from the get go. There's just one weak white line far away of the character, and it doesn't always appear. Update: It looks like there are two lines, the second one is even less visible, but it' closer to the character. The upscaling makes the lines more prominent, but not like they were before (see the previous post).

OGL Hardware mode

OGL Software mode

The wrong brightness and/or contrast is fixed by setting Blending Unit Accuracy to Ultra.

The white outlines around 3d objects and the white lines in front of the player are one and the same issue.

Anyway, now the post-processing of this game is restored in HW mode. Bar the white lines it's perfect.