GSdx 1.0
Another good news.

Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition.

I've previously tested it here.

All those bugs that were fixed before are still fixed, but there are major improvements.

Wrong colors and contrast were fixed. Bloom has received the biggest improvement: it renders properly, without being too weak or too excessive. 

Some user above posted a screenshot with a black border at the bottom of the screen, it is fixed by HW hacks - CRC hacks set to minimum.

There's only one graphical issue left in this game that cannot be removed: in-game menus lack the grain filter. Previously it worked when the Accurate Color clip was enabled, now such option doesn't exist.

Okay, not one: the title screen still has the wrong color. Tongue

But whatever, another game has reached the "perfect HW mode" award.

Sponsored links

Gran Tursimo 4

I've previously reported this game here.

OGL depth must be turned on as before. Since Accurate blend has been depreciated, you need to set Blending Unit to High accuracy to get the proper brightness. Faint black square around the map and black outlines in cars' interiors have been fixed.

But actually the most important improvement is not the graphics, but stability. Previously the game would often crash with the "out of memory" messages, especially if you used upscaling, but now I haven't experienced a single crash while I messed around with the game. It would be great if someone tested the license tests, since I heard they caused the most crashes.

I previously mentioned that progressive mode doesn't work. Well, it works and worked before, it's only engaged during races, menus are still interlaced for some reason. Plus in options, after setting output to progressive, you need to choose OK below, not Chancel, otherwise it won't remember it. That's what confused me.

Remaining bugs: The sun is visible trough 3d objects; there is a garbage screen during races (if brightness is not set to 0) and in photo mode; 1080i mode doesn't work properly (the image is stretched). In 480i mode, when you start a race, a blue color flashes for a second, it could be removed with the Accurate date, but then a garbage square appears in the upper left corner for a brief moment. 480p has no such problems at all.

Update: Dive replays also return garbage screen. In order to access a dive replay, you need to be in regular replay mode and then just press square. Dive replays use motion blur and different filters, like sepia and so on plus different camera angles, that do not appear in regular replays.
Gran Turismo 3

Previous testing is here.

Since Accurate blend has been removed, you need to set Accurate blend to High. Basic will also do, but some highlights remain dim, High fixes everything. Garbage screen in Cote d'Azur is still fixed by HW Hacks set to partial.

Garbage reflections on night tracks were fixed.

There's a regression: when you enter or leave a race, some blue garbage briefly appears at the bottom. Accurate data doesn't fix it. The game doesn't support 480p mode, unlike GT4.

Everything else is just like before.
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty

At certain points in the game Ocelot's face and arm textures turn into brown, but Blending unit set to Full restores their skin color.

The only remaining bug is that during cutscenes the left side of the screen sometimes features some warped area. It shows that part of the screen, but it is blurry and it seems as if it refreshes at the half rate of the screen.

The GS dump.
(08-19-2015, 12:51 PM)Dant Wrote: Gran Tursimo 4

I previously mentioned that progressive mode doesn't work. Well, it works and worked before, it's only engaged during races, menus are still interlaced for some reason. Plus in options, after setting output to progressive, you need to choose OK below, not Chancel, otherwise it won't remember it. That's what confused me.

This is how it is on a real ps2. the game only switches to 480p/1080i when you enter a race. everything else is in 480i.
On a good note, Urban Chaos looks 100% perfect in software mode now and no longer has the out of memory errors Smile
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Newest version of PCSX2 has a glitch where Haunting Ground's Fiona's skin turns black in 3D11 Hardware and OpenGL Hardware.

Also, OpenGL causes screen tearing for me. Wacko
Just downloaded the latest Git version Smile I thought most of the drawing issues were fixed with the version 1.0 of GDSX? I tried playing Colin McRae Rally 3 in 1920 x 1080 rez (the game has black horizontal lines if you run at this rez) with the hw hacks off (as i read 1.0 plugin is not supposed to need any hacks) but the lines still appear. They also still appear even if you have the align sprite and round hacks enabled like you had to do before. Is this an issue that can be fixed? I unzipped the new git version of PCSX2 into its own directory. I have tried both directx mode and opengl mode, both with and without hw hacks and this issue still appears. I have disabled sli for my dual graphics cards as well (got a new gaming rig for my birthday last month!)
(08-18-2015, 05:13 PM)Dant Wrote: But Silent Hill 4, OH, GOD!

Silent Hill 4

Realtime shadows and selfshadowing are finally working. You need to check OGL Depth option and switch Blending Unit Accuracy to None, otherwise shadows will be broken. In non-native modes shadows become misaligned, but setting TC Offset X and Y to 500 fixes them.

There's still one bug: a white transparent square in front of the player in some locations. It is fixable in DX11, you need to check Alpha in HW hacks, but in OGL it doesn't work. Also, maybe it is related, but when you are in your otherworld apartments at the beginning, the fog has some banding artifacts, it could probably be that transparent white square (and no, I checked the filtering).

I think I understand the issue in the subway (DX11 is completely broken)
1/ 16 bits depth are converted to 32 bits color whereas the game requires a 16 bits color
2/ The game might need accurate 16 bits format (for example 255 must be rounded to 248).

I partially do 2 but not always. Unfortunately it will reduce the quality (and might create a banding effect). It might require dithering to reduce the banding effect.

Quote: Newest version of PCSX2 has a glitch where Haunting Ground's Fiona's skin turns black in 3D11 Hardware and OpenGL Hardware.
Normally D3D was untouched. Did you set CRC level to full?
(08-20-2015, 09:51 AM)JaredKFan Wrote: Just downloaded the latest Git version Smile  I thought most of the drawing issues were fixed with the version 1.0 of GDSX?  I tried playing Colin McRae Rally 3 in 1920 x 1080 rez (the game has black horizontal lines if you run at this rez) with the hw hacks off (as i read 1.0 plugin is not supposed to need any hacks) but the lines still appear.  They also still appear even if you have the align sprite and round hacks enabled like you had to do before.  Is this an issue that can be fixed?  I unzipped the new git version of PCSX2 into its own directory. I have tried both directx mode and opengl mode, both with and without hw hacks and this issue still appears.  I have disabled sli for my dual graphics cards as well (got a new gaming rig for my birthday last month!)

If you configure 1920x1080 in custom resolution, the game won't run at 1920x1080. Custom resolution and game resolution are totally unconnected. Anyway those upscaling issues aren't the topic of GSdx 1.0.