GSdx 1.0
(04-08-2016, 02:05 PM)ssakash Wrote: It'd be nice to do something like this if it's feasible, I don't really think maintaining a legacy version is an ideal solution. ( It just consumes even more effort)

The idea wasn't to maintain it, it is legacy, so it stays like it is now.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Sponsored links

GSdx code is quite complex and various GL codes are inside global object. Legacy send a signal that it is time to upgrade. And I don't want to support N configurations.

The situation isn't as bad as you think. On linux it is still running on GL3 hardware due to the Free Mesa driver. On windows, AMD users got some temporary difficulties, but you ought to complain on AMD not here. Initial AMD bug report, with a small testcase, was done 3 years old. Thanks to Dolphin team's contact, we manage to get a fix, now they need to release it. I've waited 2 months and half already.

And for Intel, someone need to test the testcase that I sent to AMD. If it reproduce the issue, someone could report an Intel bug. The testcase is small so it will be easier for them to find the issue.
As resquested by Gregory, two GSDUMP :

- GSDUMP_DotHach_ShadowProblem.7z : Shadow problem appears from build commit ca9b5ce11d1ef8fff4c450e19ce5876ec08ac880 of Sep 8, 2015. Before Shadow works, Hardware Depth obligatory however.

Code:
Add 2 new shaders:
* ps_main12: cast a 16 bit depth to a RGB5A1 color
* ps_main16: cast a a RGB5A1 color to a 16 bit depth

Shader might be used in future commit as it seems Silent Hill uses this
kind of format.

Fix tab/indentation too

Before (Sep.7 2015):
[Image: 7xEfP2O.jpg]

After (8 Sep. 2015):
[Image: 2H9q8Rb.jpg]

- GSDUMP_texAliasing_FFX.7z: Gsdump to show aliasing problem on texture. Anisotropic filtering doesn't works with OpenGL often and aliasing problem are worse on OpenGL without anisotropic compared with DX11.

Also, random stuttering problem is probably due to Windows 10 and DWM. I found an temporary solution, modify Ini for NTSC game of 59.94 to 60 and activate Vsync in PCSX2. It's good but i am not satisfied by this solution.

PM sent to gregory with detail in french, more simple for me et more comprehensible for him. Smile 
Sorry for my english guys, i train hard but...

Attached Files
.7z   GSDUMP_DotHach_ShadowProblem.7z (Size: 2,38 MB / Downloads: 121)
.7z   GSDUMP_texAliasing_FFX.7z (Size: 2,38 MB / Downloads: 132)
(04-08-2016, 02:10 PM)gregory Wrote: GSdx code is quite complex and various GL codes are inside global object. Legacy send a signal that it is time to upgrade. And I don't want to support N configurations.

The situation isn't as bad as you think. On linux it is still running on GL3 hardware due to the Free Mesa driver. On windows, AMD users got some temporary difficulties, but you ought to complain on AMD not here. Initial AMD bug report, with a small testcase, was done 3 years old. Thanks to Dolphin team's contact, we manage to get a fix, now they need to release it. I've waited 2 months and half already.

And for Intel, someone need to test the testcase that I sent to AMD. If it reproduce the issue, someone could report an Intel bug. The testcase is small so it will be easier for them to find the issue.
You can't really tell how bad the situation is. Because it could take several months, even over a year before AMD and/or Intel release a fix. And as Direct3D renderers are basically already legacy in terms of accuracy, no further GSdx improvements will be available for at least half the PCSX2 userbase for an unknown period of time.
AMD has the fix, they just need to finish the QA (I think). The best solution so far is to ask a status on facebook/twitter/reddit (aka high impact social network). Just to remainder them that some people highly wait a working driver. Normally there is a high probability that it is a matter of a month rather a year but you're right there is no guarantee.

For Intel, I don't know. Honestly I wasn't aware that it was broken too. But the solution isn't to put a tons of code to workaround the driver. It was necessary on the past but not for the future. Could you test on Intel the testcase from this thread https://community.amd.com/thread/194895 and tell us the rendering color. Potentially, it could also be a geometry shader issue, which can still be disabled with "override_geometry_shader = 0"
@AzazelDC I manage to find the bug for dot hack games. I was very close to give up because it was a rounding issue. You can try latest git.
Quote:Anisotropic filtering doesn't works with OpenGL often and aliasing problem are worse on OpenGL without anisotropic compared with DX11.
It is done on purpose. OpenGL will disable anisotropic if it is mathematically incorrect. Potentially I can a new hack option to force aniso even when the interpolation will be wrong.
@AzazelDC try FFX with those options. It will force aniso everywhere as DX.
Code:
UserHacks = 1
UserHacks_ForceAniso = 1
Dot Hack game is perfect now (the Four first game), as software mode. Good job !  Smile

I'm going to test Hack GU now.

For aliasing, the option allow of reduce a little but always very visible compared with DX11 even with anisotropic OFF, , furthermore many textures bug added with option activated (predictable but not see on DX11 with anisotropic ON). Strange problem...
Hum if it doesn't help, I will revert the code. It isn't strange, DX filtering is wrong (sometimes). OpenGL is much more accurate, however I can't use the HW unit to do aniso filtering.
Shadows on Hack GU are perfect also (except ghosting with resolution above X1 of course).

Well done. Smile