GSdx
(08-09-2009, 01:37 PM)Bositman Wrote: You can't really know if a fix is simple or not. The simplest (visually) bug could be extremely hard to fix...that said you've done well to report the bug. You shouldn't do any further bugging though, the authors do this in their free time and if/when they feel like it.
thanks for answering. i'll just have to wait i guess Smile

Sponsored links

Hey there, I am not sure where to post this, but over at dolphin forums, I argued that DX10 plugin gives better compatibility then OpenGL. They disagreed heavily over there, but didnt this PS2 emu became MUCH better with Gabest dx plugin?
you're both wrong and right.. Dolphin, and the gamecube seem based around OGL, hence it's better for dolphin. While PCSX2 is direct X based, so dx10 runs much better than ogl.
The api you use is mostly irrelevant.
GSdx isn't especially better or worse than anything else just because it can use DX10 Tongue2
@rama
Quote:The api you use is mostly irrelevant.
GSdx isn't especially better or worse than anything else just because it can use DX10

Then why offering support for DX10, and not just stick to DX9 ?

By the way, the obvious advantage of open gl, is that it is cross platform.
(08-10-2009, 11:02 PM)bigmehdi Wrote: @rama
Quote:The api you use is mostly irrelevant.
GSdx isn't especially better or worse than anything else just because it can use DX10

Then why offering support for DX10, and not just stick to DX9 ?

By the way, the obvious advantage of open gl, is that it is cross platform.

why do you transfer an answer referring to "directx vs. opengl" into a question about "dx9 vs. dx10"? that was totally not the point of the discussion Wink the answer to your question is that dx10 offers some features over dx9, which are very useful to either enhance the compatibility or the speed of the gs emulation, and this will probably be the same with dx11.
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
@zero29
Quote:why do you transfer an answer referring to "directx vs. opengl" into a question about "dx9 vs. dx10"? that was totally not the point of the discussion

All right , my comparison might be wrong.
I'm just wondering if we couldn't get better results with open gl , because I remind that with epxe, I was more satisfied with the pete plugin using opengl 2 , than with directx.
afaik pete's plugins used dx6/7, which are probably no comparison to the possibilities with ogl2. but nowadays the comparison between dx9/10/11 an ogl2/3 seems to be very close, so the decision for one of them can probably be made almost solely on personal preference. gabest on the possibilty of an opengl version of his plugin: "Opengl is hard (chaotic is better word) and I have no help, currently on hold." (-> http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/source/detail?r=1571) Wink
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
@zero29
thanks for the clarification
Do you know how to code in OpenGL btw? Gabest says he doesn't. Tongue2