GSdx
(08-09-2009, 01:35 PM)LeSharK Wrote: i know the devs focus on more popular 3D games with lots of emulating challenges, but i feel the fix for SFA Anthology Edition is pretty simple since the framerate is capped @ 40 fps (66%) in Software mode. all it needs is a hack to remove the cap.

Cap? sounds more like the game is doing some bad GS calls and it's too difficult to emulate (like being slower in hardware) and the speed on software would probably just be because your PC isnt strong enough to run it faster and if this is the case it wouldnt be as simple as making a hack to remove a cap...

Maybe try some older GSdx versions and/or plugins Tongue
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64

Sponsored links

Hi all. I have some questions about GS emulation. At first it's interesting to know how exactly GS emulation happend. Is there translation of GS draw calls and functions to some of DX or it's more primary low-level hardware emulation. Is there fast EDRAM emulation issue or especially page buffers issue? it's huge amounts of bandwidth, but the render of frame go thru multiple passes so maybe do render in less passes could solve these problem, how it's work in GSDX software mode? And what parts of software pipeline could be ported to Compute shaders, maybe filtering, blending, it's even harder to do rasterisation on wide gpu simd blocks. Great thanks to all who is answer meSmile
I think sf anthology does many low level image copying directly in the frame buffer, not very d3d friendly.
Hi all. I have some questions about GS emulation. At first it's interesting to know how exactly GS emulation happend. Is there translation of GS draw calls and functions to some of DX or it's more primary low-level hardware emulation. Is there fast EDRAM emulation issue or especially page buffers issue? it's huge amounts of bandwidth, but the render of frame go thru multiple passes so maybe do render in less passes could solve these problem, anyway how it's work in GSDX software mode? And what parts of software pipeline could be ported to Compute shaders, maybe filtering, blending, it's even harder to do rasterisation on wide gpu simd blocks. Great thanks to all who's answer meSmile
XSol, Why post the same thing twice ?

To Gabest,
Any chance of looking at these reported issues ?

[Image: image2jgu.jpg]

[Image: image1ksf.jpg]

Happens in any gsdx plugin after 1584, and any settings, hacks on or off, etc..
Intel E7500 @ 4.00ghz 400 fsb / Asus P5QL Pro / 4Gb Kingston RAM / PNY nvidia 9800GT 512Mb / Creative X-Fi Music 24 / Vista 64 SP2/
To Gabest
Eah, it's low-level sony programming style(especially her pocket studiosTongue) as i understand one of bunch PS2 GS emu problems, it's even interesting how they will be solve it in future software emulation on Cell
To DKTronics
Just unsuccessful try to edit postSmile As you see i'm newbie here
(08-12-2009, 06:44 PM)Gabest Wrote: I think sf anthology does many low level image copying directly in the frame buffer, not very d3d friendly.

SF anthology works in HW mode on the newer revisions, so you're doing something right Smile

but you broke FFX-2 lol (update: seems the problem fixed itself, tried shaodw lady's settings a 2nd time and it worked on 1611)

(that's what older revisions are for Tongue )

keep up the great work Smile
plz post me a link where can i download pcsx2 ZeroGS kosmos plugin
Wrong section to ask for it, this reads GSDX, doesn't it?

And it comes with pcsx 0.9.6 installation AFAIK...
just downloaded 1617/1618

cannot load pcsx2 anymore, missing MSVCR100.dll

any help??