GSdx
@Rama the one I posted has nothing to do with how I play the game:], it's just an optional, turnable by "agressive CRC" additional skipdraw which makes the game lighter in splitscreen mode which otherwise is very bandwidth heavy ~ unplayable on most pc's. Doesn't change anything else.
Edit: 0 downloads of the patch;p, you could at least check it >.> oh boy... >.>

Sponsored links

Hello, I have bugs to report.

#Game: Ace Combat 04 - Shattered Skies [USA]
# PCSX2 Verions: v1.0, r5645, r5649.
# Plugins used: GSdx 5649 0.1.16
# Description:
1) While in a mission, textures on player's plane are missing, plane appears completely black.

2) When selecting plane/weapons, both are barely view able, something is wrong with rendering the model or textures, I don't know.

3) When looking at the sun....some odd colorful square thing appears over it.

All of these happen when in D3D9/11 Hardware Modes, they are fixed when going into software mode(however the slowdown makes it unplayable). I would also like to point out that problem 2 affects weapons and the plane, however problem 1 only affects the plane, the weapons are fine.

I've attached pictures of the problems, thank you very much.
1st lesson: OMG @tengu do you know what a jpg file is? use paint or something and save jpg before you zip that. (or better not upload that bugger here) Wacko

2nd lesson: this game needs some different interlace mode than the one you use. this is pretty obvious. i get terrible eyestrain watching that picture that made it.

3rd lesson: the Ace combat games running on pcsx2 have been buggered since... so... fix?... is far...ther...away.

have a nice friday tho. Smile
(06-08-2013, 01:31 AM)xstyla Wrote: 1st lesson: OMG @tengu do you know what a jpg file is? use paint or something and save jpg before you zip that. (or better not upload that bugger here) Wacko

Uh sorry, I just followed the directions in the first post, see:

Quote:Press SHIFT + F8.
In the snap folder of pcsx2 you will find a .gs file next to the .bmp.
Compress and upload them.
Hi, have some problem. My rig: PentiumB960 2.2Ghz, 4GB RAM, Geforce 710m 1gb. The problem is Gsdx DX11 runs slower than Gsdx DX9. I've read that DX10/11 version of the plugin should be faster than DX9, but I have completely opposite situation. My card supports DX11, and it's not that weak - it can run DmC and Resident Evil 6 at max settings at 1366x768 with decent frame rate. I have the latest DX11 installed, MS Framework 4 etc. Funny thing is that Resident Evil 5 DX10 ver runs faster than DX9 ver of the game. I know that PC games and emulation don't compare to each other, but still, it shows that my card can use DX10 and don't lose performance.
Any ideas?
There are some games that work faster in DX9 than DX10/11.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(06-10-2013, 11:39 PM)Dant Wrote: My card supports DX11, and it's not that weak - it can run DmC and Resident Evil 6 at max settings at 1366x768 with decent frame rate
Resident Evil 6 is DX9 only, developers decided to not include later versions of DX on their upcoming games for a timeline of 5 years.
Also don't compare how a native game runs on a specific API to an emulated game, none of those APIs can efficiently represent the quality and the speed that you'd expect because there is no direct "translation" of the emulated game's functions to something your API understands or is capable to emulate as fast or accurately you expect it to.
(06-10-2013, 11:40 PM)Bositman Wrote: There are some games that work faster in DX9 than DX10/11.

Well, all games that I've tested work faster in DX9 mode. By 5-10FPS.

VIRGIN KLM Wrote:Resident Evil 6 is DX9 only, developers decided to not include later versions of DX on their upcoming games for a timeline of 5 years.
Also don't compare how a native game runs on a specific API to an emulated game, none of those APIs can efficiently represent the quality and the speed that you'd expect because there is no direct "translation" of the emulated game's functions to something your API understands or is capable to emulate as fast or accurately you expect it to.
I know that, I just mentioned PC games to show people, that my VGA Card is not a crap, as one may think, when looking at it's index. And I mentioned RE5 to demonstrate, that my card has the ability to work faster in DX10 than in DX9.
Guess you need to have above average card to take the advantage of speed in DX10/11 mode in Gsdx.
BTW is it possible to force Gsdx to use DX10 instead of DX11? I know there is no difference between them, that Gsdx doesn't use specific DX11 features, but maybe it could help me to solve my problem.
Maybe all the games you have work better in dx9?
I always use dx10 so I can't comment personally, but list a few of your games. People might be able to add input on their experiences
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64
(06-11-2013, 05:18 PM)hellbringer616 Wrote: Maybe all the games you have work better in dx9?
I always use dx10 so I can't comment personally, but list a few of your games. People might be able to add input on their experiences

Slower in DX11 compared to DX9

Gran Turismo 3 Pal - Slower by 5-10 fps
Tekken Tag Tournament NTSC - In window mode slower by 1 fps, in fullscreen slower by 5 fps
Tekken 5 NTSC - Slower by 2-5 fps
Devil May Cry Pal - Slower by 5-10 fps
Devil May Cry 3 NTSC -Slower by 10-30 fps
Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence NTSC - Slower by 5-8 fps
Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons of Liberty NTSC - Slower By 8 fps
Final Fantasy X NTSC - Slower by 30-45 fps

Note: when I switch from window mode to fullscreen mode in dx11, fps falls down a bit. This doesn't happen in dx9