GSdx
(07-04-2013, 02:25 AM)hellbringer616 Wrote: Dunno if this is the right place to put this. And i'm pretty sure this has been brought up before.

But what is stopping us from using the xBR shader here: http://board.byuu.org/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2248
instead of biliner?

Or Asmodean, Would it be possible to implement in your shader?

I did a quick port of xBR a while back. You can find it here. That algorithm only looks well on 'older' games though, such as the 2D psx, snes, megadrive, Saturn etc. The higher the IR of a game, the more it skews the UV's and makes it look nasty. So I didn't spend any time on it.

I could possibly take a look at adapting it for higher res sprite games on PS2, when I get a chance.

Edit: Been months since I sloppy-ported it. Took a quick look at it, and the version that I used is obfuscated. So I'd have to get a dif version to adapt it for pcsx2. (Basically just a note to self).

Sponsored links

I guess you don't mean a (fullscreen post processing) shader but a texture scaller, that's what we need.
PPSSPP has some nice texture filtering, so i assume it shouldnt be particularly hard to implement.
i5-3570k @4.7 GHz
GTX 570
Asus Z77 SABERTOOTH
12GB G.Skill Ripjaws @ 1666
Cooler Master Storm Scout & Corsair TX 650w
Idd, PPSSPP has a nice combination of filters, indeed. They are coded internally, of course. Not post.
Couldn't the dev team code them internally? Or would that cause texture issues?
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64
Patch for Suikoden Tactics skipdraw fix, the one in current svn breaks the game as noted in here or here.
[attachment=44846]
It's much simpler and adresses only the effect causing darkness which the hack initially was fixing ~ as a result doesn't cause that overbloom on lighter maps.

PS. And to anyone "in power" reading thisTongue please actually check it this time or leave it be if not having time... >.> ~ oh drama, that's all.

Edit: Updated the patch with other fix mentioned/documented in the thread linked above;3.
Sorry, exam time will be over soon Smile
spyro a new beginning (PAL SLES-54359
START MENU and HP banner are flashing
subtitles cannot be seen
some subjects are missing too.
I have tried almostly ALL the settings,but it still can't work well
Tried with r5695 and r5460 ,the result are the same
(07-05-2013, 03:43 AM)my530676426 Wrote: spyro a new beginning (PAL SLES-54359
START MENU and HP banner are flashing
subtitles cannot be seen
some subjects are missing too.
I have tried almostly ALL the settings,but it still can't work well