GSdx
I've tested Gsdx more with PS1 games, in Ace Combat 3 the GUI is broken and higher internal resolution reduces the framerate. Gran Turismo 2 doesn't start at all, it crashes Sad. Plus framelimit only works with ePSXe internal sound plugin, which renders other sound plugins usless (end other emulators).

(07-19-2013, 05:43 AM)Asmodean Wrote: I have done WS hacks for PS1. Most are unreliable though because 90% of them need a render fix. The render area on psx games are about 2% more than the 4:3 viewport lol.

Have you tried PCSXR? it has a widescreen hack. If you didnt want to go and try making the patch hacks yourself. Check here for details on acquiring it, which i've already explained.

Yeah, I've heard that PCSXR supports widescreen, and had downloaded the last version of it (2009), but didn't find such an option. And it turns out the emu is still in development.
I've downloaded it, and yes, widescreen works. Thanks again.

Sponsored links

I am having a problem with the plugin while trying to play Turok Evolution. Everything is rendered fine until the character goes underwater, and a portion of the intro to the game overlaps what is shown while in hardware mode in either DX9 or 10. It works in software mode, but the speed is inconsistent, depending on what is rendered. Is there a fix for this? I am using GSdx 5709 (MSVC 16.00, SSE2) 0.1.16.
You could try playing with the skipdraw setting under hw hacks in gsdx, to see if anything gets rid of it, but i cant guarantee itll help. You could also try the alpha hack in there.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(07-31-2013, 07:01 PM)LindseyXZ Wrote: I am having a problem with the plugin while trying to play Turok Evolution. Everything is rendered fine until the character goes underwater, and a portion of the intro to the game overlaps what is shown while in hardware mode in either DX9 or 10. It works in software mode, but the speed is inconsistent, depending on what is rendered. Is there a fix for this? I am using GSdx 5709 (MSVC 16.00, SSE2) 0.1.16.

Interesting.
I have the same problem with the game Vexx.
In the underwater sections I have to switch to software mode.
I checked and both Turok Evolution and Vexx were made by Acclaim Entertainment.
Maybe they are using the same game engine so if the problem can be fixed for one game it might fix both.
If the game is showing leftovers from previous scene in HW mode while they should be cleared it might be texture cache bug;p. If that's the case it might not be fixed at all since it being bottleneck of GSdx doesn't have any game specyfic fixes(as they would slow everything down) and apparently it cannot be made perfectly for all games, ie fixing that one could remove proper graphics from other games. ~_~
Anybody else noticed GSDX crashing when switching between Software/Hardware mode in recent svns?

(08-13-2013, 06:21 PM)refraction Wrote: Anybody else noticed GSDX crashing when switching between Software/Hardware mode in recent svns?

yes iam . :-) i think to creating a thread about it but you stole my words thanks :-P
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
Is that back again. Please no ><
I'm getting SPU2-X crashes lately, lots of them -_-
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(08-14-2013, 11:13 AM)rama Wrote: Is that back again. Please no ><

Yeah, though strangely I think its only the sse4 vetsion, havent tried ssse3 but sse2 is fine I think.