GSdx
(01-22-2014, 12:09 AM)dabore Wrote: wipeout fusion has 3 different resolution sets detected. 640x480 while developer screens running, 640x447 in the main menu, and 512x448 ingame. Wink

if you get messages in the console about "FPS changed" at those points, you could easily hook the reset on to one of the register writes like i suggest, i expect thats what the ps2 does anyway Tongue

Those not having trouble with AF, if you have GT4 can you try it, because i get dissapearing roads and brightness issues with it ;p It's definitely that, i turned it off and everything was perfect again.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Sponsored links

I don't have GT4 or I'd try, sorry.

Nobbs does though, maybe I can get him to test it.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
why fps? the fps are crtc output. pal or ntsc. but the upscaling is related to display register changes. atleast that's what i thought is the stage asmodean wants to hijack. resize the internal rendertargets aka the virtual framebuffers into 0-1 range so it does sharper samples when building the crtc frame or the fxaa pass.

or am i missing something?
I think it says FPS changed in the log whenever a GS reset happens (?)
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Test with Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2 PAL (sorry, the only game I have right now)
Native res ok and works without issues.

GSdx: TRACE - BASE WIDTH IS: 512
GSdx: TRACE - BASE HEIGHT IS: 508

Btw, the anisotropic filter improves this game a lot! too bad this hack dont work with "Allow 8 bit textures" enabled, this option brings a +10 fps speed boost.
(01-22-2014, 07:50 AM)schiaritijc Wrote: Test with Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2 PAL (sorry, the only game I have right now)
Native res ok and works without issues.

GSdx: TRACE - BASE WIDTH IS: 512
GSdx: TRACE - BASE HEIGHT IS: 508

Btw, the anisotropic filter improves this game a lot! too bad this hack dont work with "Allow 8 bit textures" enabled, this option brings a +10 fps speed boost.

Hmm I wonder if that's why gt4 looked awful, I usually have that on Tongue2

I have the anisotropic filtering automatically disabled, if you've got the 8-bit textures enabled. So, it shouldn't be that. GT4, btw? That's Gran Turismo 4, I presume?. I think I may know what It could be. Seeing an example of the problem would help though. I've a few GT games around somewhere. Can't remember if I have 4 though, I'll have to check when I'm home.

I won't be back at my own system at home, until tomorrow or so. I'm helping my brother out, changing HDDs, reinstalling OS/SW etc, and helping him change he's ISP, to get fibre. I can reply though.
@refraction or some coder that can commit. can you add some crc hack to the public build? black border glitch for snk vs. capcom chaos. thread here. it's the same fix as dmc3 but the dev screens need special treatment.

Code:
    {0xAC3C1147, SNKvsCAPCOMChaos, EU, 0 },

Code:
    if ((m_game.title == CRC::SNKvsCAPCOMChaos) && (h > 448))
    {
        h = 448; //
    }
right under the dmc3 hack in getframerect.

works for me. it should for others too. questionable: the CRC. da dude gotta post it.
Okay the deal with GT4 is it buggers up UNLESS you have 8-bit textures enabled, which would explain why it doesn't work with ansiotropic filtering if that disables it.

Although im sure it used to be okay without it ages ago, not sure when that broke, but it isn't due to your changes anyway, so ignore me! Tongue

No forget everything i said, i had skipdraw set to 2, what a penis!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I was reading the above intently, trying to figure out what could be causing it, because that didn't look much like a filtering issue that I'd seen before at least. Then I got to the last line and I just lol'd Tongue

Just to be sure though - did you need to use skipdraw for this before the AF changes as well? I can try bisecting revisions when I'm home and try to maybe see what it started happening.

Edit: It's the AF that's auto disabled when 8-bit textures is enabled btw, not the other way round Smile

---
Edit2: I'll hop on irc when I'm back as well. Maybe discuss if/whenever the AF changes are committed - I'm wondering if I could be the one to do it, as my first commit lol. Not a big deal of course whoever does it, but just said I'd ask >.<