GSdx
(06-08-2014, 12:29 PM)refraction Wrote: Nobody ever contacted me *suprise*

Shocker!@

Like I said there reason why I stoped reporting the issue, they dont want to be bothered

Sponsored links

(06-08-2014, 06:46 PM)refraction Wrote: i think they all use dx9, which i believe is fine on GSDX, it's only the DX11 codepath that is affected.
ePSXe can use up to DirectX 6.
CPU:
Intel Core2 Duo T5450 (1.666 GHz)
[Image: gzztty.png]
GPU:
Mobile Intel® 965 Express Chipset Family (500 MHz)
GPU-Z Validation
Other:
RAM: DDR2-666 (2 GB)
---
Not a gaming PC, but I'll try to get a better one in the future.
(06-10-2014, 01:21 PM)MenDude Wrote: ePSXe can use up to DirectX 6.

It can use DX7 at best or OPENGL depending on the Plugin Petes D3D driver 1.77, Petes D3D6 1.77, Petes OpenGL2 driver 2.9. There maybe be other gpu drivers for it that use new verison of DX but i not aware of them as i have not kept up with ps1 and epsxe development, I mostly just use Petes OpenGL2 drivers 2.9 when I use epsxe
Pete also has an OGL1 driver. But we are getting off topic here. GSdx also works with PS1 emulators(software mode only)
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(06-10-2014, 08:22 PM)tsunami2311 Wrote: It can use DX7 at best or OPENGL depending on the Plugin Petes D3D driver 1.77...
Oh, that one uses DX7? Damn. XD
CPU:
Intel Core2 Duo T5450 (1.666 GHz)
[Image: gzztty.png]
GPU:
Mobile Intel® 965 Express Chipset Family (500 MHz)
GPU-Z Validation
Other:
RAM: DDR2-666 (2 GB)
---
Not a gaming PC, but I'll try to get a better one in the future.
As I hinted above: Back to GSdx discussion please. Feel free to make a PSX emulator thread in chatterbox if you like.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Any way that gsdx can do something like PPSSPP recently did by allowing only a small number of "InvalidateAll" operations per frame on the texture cache or something similar to speed things up when playing on high resolutions?
Model: Clevo P570WM Laptop
GPU: GeForce GTX 980M ~8GB GDDR5
CPU: Intel Core i7-4960X CPU +4.2GHz (12 CPUs)
Memory: 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3L 1600MHz, 4x8gb
(07-01-2014, 07:59 PM)refraction Wrote: You can't compare dolphin to pcsx2 like that, the graphics units of the consoles they are emulating are COMPLETELY different. Hardware mode relies on compatibilities, with the PS2 there was so much custom/off spec stuff it makes it extremely difficult to emulate things correctly without a massive speed hit (or at all).

As for a higher resolution Software mode, it's probably possible, it has been discussed, but due to the complexity of the design and how horrible it is to follow gabests code, nobody would even want to try tackling it, and again, a speed hit to an already slow system, Desmume can afford it because the DS has a relatively simple graphics chip which doesn't require much power.

I started this discussion here http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Dragon-Qu...II-shadows but I think GSDX thread is better place to discuss about GSDX. I personally dont care much about performance and I can play with 10 fps or less if it means high resolution software rendering. But in my opinion GSDX is not that slow and GSDX is multithreaded.
Gpubladesoft which is single threaded is most likely slower at higher resolutions than software mode GSDX would be at higher resolutions besides I think overclocked Haswell shoud be enough for at least 4x resolution with less demanding games and processors and instruction sets will be even faster in the future.
So you mean that Gabest code is so convoluted no one knows how to implement such option ? Besides GSDX itself can increase internal resolution with software rendering but only in PSX mode so implementing same option in PS2 mode should be possible.
(07-01-2014, 10:29 PM)Monochrome100 Wrote: Besides GSDX itself can increase internal resolution with software rendering but only in PSX mode so implementing same option in PS2 mode should be possible.

It's still an open source project.
when do you think you'll be able to show the progress you've made on gsdx coding ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(07-01-2014, 10:35 PM)jesalvein Wrote: It's still an ipen source project.
when do you think you'll be able to show the progress you've made on gsdx coding ?

I cant I am not emulator developer or even programmer.