Sponsored links

(04-11-2015, 10:01 AM)gregory Wrote: @mirh,

No you must enable only 1 of the hack.
Code:
UserHacks_align_sprite_X =1
UserHacks_round_sprite_offset = 2
UserHacks_stretch_sprite =0

@Blyss Sarania,
I expain you for opengl but it is the same for dx.
In the renderer, we select the hardware filtering with the variable ps_ssel (ltf). It is either nearest or linear. (linear is really an extra, normally it must be always nearest)

Then in the shader we do an additional filtering with the sample_color function.
First we compute uv coordinate of the texture. Then either we sample 4 texels (PS2 bilinear) with sample_4c/sample_4p (normal color/lookup palette) or 1 texel (PS2 nearest) with sample_c.

For the line it will be awful Wink If you want to do a cubic filtering you need the texel t, t+1, t+2 but you have not guarantee that t+1 is valid, and even less that t+2 is valid too. However with alpha it could be mitigated.

Ahh I just realized that, now it makes sense.

I've done work with various types of image filtering before and I am aware of what pixels/texels I need for what filtering. It did not dawn on me that the pixels I needed might not be valid.

Still I will have a look at how PPSSPP handles it. I don't know if they have the same issues we do with upscaling, but it's a place to start.

Anyway thanks for the explanation.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(04-11-2015, 09:03 PM)gregory Wrote: Shift F8
Dump will be in snaps directory

Here is the gs dump

http://ul.to/2ikca0ij

The attachment function don't work with larger files.
Thanks.

@blyss
With a bit of luck it might work as bad as upscaling Tongue2 If you put bigger weight on the valid pixels it might work better but hard to predict
@beatlep,

Check latest git. Use 1 for setting UserHacks_round_sprite_offset not 2 (otherwise menu will look ugly)

@mirh

Check latest git for ace combat.
UserHacks_round_sprite_offset = 2 or 1
(04-12-2015, 10:34 AM)gregory Wrote: @beatlep,

Check latest git. Use 1 for setting UserHacks_round_sprite_offset not 2 (otherwise menu will look ugly)

@mirh

Check latest git for ace combat.
UserHacks_round_sprite_offset = 2 or 1

Thanks, that fixed the white lines.
@gregory

Since you left IRC, I'll post gs dump here
Everything is explained in the image
http://www22.zippyshare.com/v/074Mscfp/file.html
Yep. Thanks for the data.

I think I can improve the font but I'm not sure I can do something for the UI.
(04-13-2015, 10:02 AM)gregory Wrote: Yep. Thanks for the data.

I think I can improve the font but I'm not sure I can do something for the UI.
Just for the records, UserHacks_round_sprite_offset=0 has no problems whatsoever (minus horizontal lines in some specific parts)
UserHacks_round_sprite_offset=1 introduces those UI misplacements
While UserHacks_round_sprite_offset=2 also alters fonts
I really to think carefully to my math Smile

Here a picture with value 2 and scaling 3. It seems to be a bit better but not yet perfect for the letter.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)