GSdx
dl'ed the latest GSdx svn and saw 2 new options compared to my prev one (890 I think) - edge AA and 'output merger blur effect' .. can anyone briefly explain what they do and when it's ok to enable them .. or where I can read about em in a FAQ ?

(04-13-2009, 10:34 PM)brnz Wrote: Gabest, there's a bug with Tekken 5 stage that turn the game slow when u take a look at the sun :

http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/3623/ss1f.jpg

The bug only happens in Hardware mode.
dude, did you use native res in GSdx when you took that pic ?

Sponsored links

Quote:
Quote:Gabest, there's a bug with Tekken 5 stage that turn the game slow when u take a look at the sun :

http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/3623/ss1f.jpg

The bug only happens in Hardware mode.

dude, did you use native res in GSdx when you took that pic ?

Yes, I did.
(04-15-2009, 04:52 AM)xat Wrote:
(04-14-2009, 08:00 PM)dralor Wrote: That seems to be a common thing with games that overlay a bloom layer on top of the geometry. They are all shifted up and to the left if you don't use native internal resolution.

Indeed. Seems to be the same problem as with Tales of the Abyss.
It happens in Shadows of the Collosus aswell as GoW2 and TotA. I've seen it in a few other games before aswell, but I don't recall which ones at the moment.
hallo 2 little question:
--For ss2 version,i notice the last is recognized as r952 by Pxsx2 ,and not r962 ,is it right ?
--For a Specific GAME:Budokai tenkaichi 3
where gsdx ss2 causea a lot of black flashes ,i did read that older version 1.5 solves that,though at the cost of really slower frames.
There is a past beta of gsdx who shows a good compromise (no flashes and decent frame speed)?_
Or a combination of settings /beta plugin?
Because i notice that if i switch from 1.5 to other,and then revert back to 1.5 ,"black flashes problem" is present in 1.5 too,and to get rid of i have to install afresh copy of pcsx2 everytime ,meaning that switching gsdx is not always a Clear Comparation.
My apologies if i said/asked something wrong ,and thanks^^
Skygunner could do with getting sorted..

I can run in at 60FPS fine.. But it takes 5 minutes to load it.. Hangs the PC.. then it happens every now and again..
AMD Phenom II 940 @ 3.6GHZ, 4GB PC8500 @ 1100MHZ, 4870x2 @ Stock.
anything on this ?

Quote:dl'ed the latest GSdx svn and saw 2 new options compared to my prev one (890 I think) - edge AA and 'output merger blur effect' .. can anyone briefly explain what they do and when it's ok to enable them .. or where I can read about em in a FAQ ?
The blur effect option is best kept off, it re-enables an "effect" some games (like persona4) use to blur the output image a bit. Looks bad.. Tongue2

Edge AA is a software rendering only effect, it's a feature the GS supports. Some games use it to apply some mild anti aliasing to polygons.
Gabest, can you take a look at the Sonic Unleashed please? Menu looks really bad in both hardware and software modes. I sent you link to the dump in pm.
So now that the Persona flashing floors bug is fixed (hooray!), is there any word on if the missing/z-fighting on floor and wall textures is fixable? Outside of FPS issues, this is the only major graphical bug still present in Persona 3 FES that mars my enjoyment of the game.

Otherwise, it runs and looks great, thank you so much for all the hard work!

Screenshot enclosed of the bug I'm referring to - if anyone knows of a way to fix this with GSdx9 (Can't use 10, I'm on XP), let me know.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

well that's what you'll get with dx9 Smile (dx9 doesn't handle z-fighting very well Sad)
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja