GSdx
Hi Gabest and Team.
I ask please, can solve the problem of Gran Turismo 4?
I say what are the problems :
» Very, very slow, in some circuits.
» A bit dark (in software mode it does not happens).
» Rectangles that appear in Direct3d10 in racing and replays.
Can all of you, help with this?
Thanks o lot.

Sponsored links

Patience, Gabest can only do what he can do and so far hes done an excellent job. Stop pestering him with the same requests it will be done when it will be done
I just downloaded the latest r997 and tried it with FFX. Compared to the last build I used (r952) the game now appears very laggy even though it is running full speed at 60fps. This holds true for both software and hardware rendering.

The FMV's also behave in a different manner. Previously the FMVs would flicker in an unwatchable manner. Now they flicker slightly faster makig it almost possible to make out what the FMV is showing. It's nowhere near watchable though :-(

On a positive note. The game is displaying the fewest graphical glitches yet, and new effects that were previously not visible are now visible.
Here's some more screen shots about the problem with the newest r997 and INTC Sync Hack becoming useless.
The games are Atelier Iris 1,2,3 and Ar Tonelico 1,2 and the screens are r962 with higher fps and r997 with lower.Everything is set to default except that only INTC is enabled.

The games really are running that fast/slow,its not false reading on the fps.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(04-18-2009, 08:09 AM)vsub Wrote: Here's some more screen shots about the problem with the newest r997 and INTC Sync Hack becoming useless.
The games are Atelier Iris 1,2,3 and Ar Tonelico 1,2 and the screens are r962 with higher fps and r997 with lower.Everything is set to default except that only INTC is enabled.

looks like either vsync or frame limit is enabled as it is running at constant 50 fps.
(04-18-2009, 08:20 AM)prafull Wrote:
(04-18-2009, 08:09 AM)vsub Wrote: Here's some more screen shots about the problem with the newest r997 and INTC Sync Hack becoming useless.

looks like either vsync or frame limit is enabled as it is running at constant 50 fps.

No they're not(I know that someone will say something like that).When I do something(like entering the menus)the speed goes below 50(30-40).

The screens are taken like this.Start the game,load the state with r962 and see what fps I get,then press Esc,change the plugin to r997 and start the game again from Run=>Execute.And to avoid this answer,I did tried to start the game with r997 already selected

Edit:I have absolutely no clue what happen but it's working now...on the configuration side I didn't change ANYTHING.The only thing I do was starting the game and try to make GS dump,then I've downloaded GSdxGUI,configure it(where the pcsx2 directory is)and I've tried both plugins(r962 and r997)with it(the fps on both plugins was the same).After that I think it was working correctly or it started to work correctly when I've changed ZeroSPU2 to SPU2-X(I've tried that many times(changing every plugin and deleting the ini files)).When I changed back to ZeroSPU2 it was still working correctly Huh

Using Pentium 4 really can get that speed?
ken07 Wrote:Using Pentium 4 really can get that speed?

Depends on the game and your settings.

EditLaughamn,I restarted my PC and the problem is here,again Sad
vsub, what other games that you can get fullspeed using P4, i want to try it on my other P4 pc
(04-18-2009, 10:49 AM)ken07 Wrote: vsub, what other games that you can get fullspeed using P4, i want to try it on my other P4 pc

I'll tell you later.
Now about my problem.
I find something new to the problem.When I'm using r997 and pcsx2 is not in focus the fps goes back to normal(like on r976) but when it is,it drops to 50fps.If the console is on focus when I'm using r997 it's even worse...the speed drops to 18-20(on r976 is ok)

Here's a prove of it that there really IS something wrong with this rev(I use GSdxGUI)
Both dumps are maded with the rev. you see...pcsx2 does the same thing but here you can really see the problem because the speed difference is huge(when I'm making video and pcsx2 is running the speed is low)

The archive contains video of the problem.

Attached Files
.rar   GSdx.rar (Size: 1,86 MB / Downloads: 234)