GSdx
Why is there no AA support in hardware mode? Also is there a config trick to make graphics a little smoother in background. In KH2, whenever characters go in the background of a scene they get really blurry and I also see blurs around edges of faces.

Sponsored links

(05-17-2011, 08:22 PM)hampsterblade Wrote: Why is there no AA support in hardware mode? Also is there a config trick to make graphics a little smoother in background. In KH2, whenever characters go in the background of a scene they get really blurry and I also see blurs around edges of faces.

there is AA supprt in hardware mode, however you must add allowhacks=1 to the gsdx ini for it to appear in the gsdx config.
(05-17-2011, 05:47 PM)samkun Wrote: I dont understand... Sad Can u say more detials about that, pls?

Just install the Visual C++ 2008 x86 redist, it's the one that's needed doesn't matter if your OS is x86 or x64.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(05-18-2011, 04:34 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Just install the Visual C++ 2008 x86 redist, it's the one that's needed doesn't matter if your OS is x86 or x64.

I tested Pcsx2 v0.9.8 (Web) and it automatic installed MV C++ 2008 Redist x86, MV C++ 2010 Redist x86 and more..but my computer was hung up while I try playing. My PC is perhaps error hardware...

Any chance to get help with this issue? (Already posted earlier but too many pages passed and nobody sees it :\ )

Original post:

Heya, got a problem with Tourist Trophy! The game runs pretty much perfect on 0.9.7 (GSdx 3693) aside from few bugs in the rendering. The most major one being the projected shadows as shown in the following screenshot:

[Image: tt_shadow_bug.jpg]

You can also see this bug in live action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnKjqpm3EcM

There's another bug where replays are too blurred or theres some sort of badly rendered alpha layered polygons that show up as opaque grey and blocks you from viewing the rider. The problem:

[Image: tt_alpha_bug.jpg]

I tried software mode like someone suggested on General Discussion and it's solving those two bugs so I was adviced to post this problem here.

PS,
I recalled another bug which I think is common both for this game and GT4. When you go to the screen options and set the brightness above 0 it's showing up garbled. :\
Doesn't happen in software mode so it can be added.
The pic with the shadow problem looks like it's using AA, if so disable that.
its looking like that because I use native x2 and progressive mode. I haven't seen an AA option in GSdx for a long time now. :|

Btw, these bugs happen in 0.9.8 aswell, just to clarify that since my original post contained reference to 0.9.7.
(05-23-2011, 06:32 AM)Nightfox Wrote: I haven't seen an AA option in GSdx for a long time now. :|

And was it disabled that last time you saw it? cause if not it may just stay be active, if anything just delete the gsdx.ini file and configure again, cause there's 2 glitches in that pic that are usual to an active AA (besides, the edge smoothing is also apparent). you could also try disabling progressive mode and ticking "native" I guess Tongue2
This is my gsdx.ini:

Code:
[Settings]
ModeWidth=1680
ModeHeight=1050
ModeRefreshRate=60
Renderer=3
Interlace=0
AspectRatio=0
upscale_multiplier=1
windowed=0
filter=1
paltex=0
vsync=0
logz=1
fba=1
aa1=0
nativeres=0
resx=1050
resy=1680
swthreads=1
msaa=0
UserHacks_AlphaHack=0
UserHacks_HalfPixelOffset=0
UserHacks_SkipDraw=0

AA seems to be disabled and my ati drivers have it controlled by the app so it's basically off.
(05-23-2011, 06:29 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: The pic with the shadow problem looks like it's using AA, if so disable that.

(05-23-2011, 06:39 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: And was it disabled that last time you saw it? cause if not it may just stay be active, if anything just delete the gsdx.ini file and configure again, cause there's 2 glitches in that pic that are usual to an active AA (besides, the edge smoothing is also apparent). you could also try disabling progressive mode and ticking "native" I guess Tongue2

Just made few tries. Disabled progressive mode and put it on native. Same thing. :\ Btw, it's funny how progressive mode actually runs stable at 60fps, while not using it the fps drops to ~ 48.