GSdx
ICC has the OpenMP library, but i'm not sure if that option means enabling OpenMP

Here is one interesting quote from ICC site:
"High-Performance Parallel Optimizer (HPO) restructures and optimizes loops to ensure that auto-vectorization, OpenMP, or auto-parallelization make best use of cache and memory accesses, SIMD instruction sets, and multiple cores. Compiles in a single pass, improving compile-time and producing more reliable code. "
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 @ 3.33Ghz
Motherboard: Asus P5KPL-VM
RAM: OCZ DDR2-800 2x1GB
GFX: ATI HD3650

Sponsored links

Since last fixes in pcsx2, I am trying to play at ICO. With GSdx 0.1.14 is not possible to play in hardware mode but with GSdx 0.1.4 it works !
See here for more details : http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-3966-post...l#pid25924

I hope that can help Gabest to improve the plugin.
(03-02-2009, 12:47 PM)johnseen99 Wrote: ICC has the OpenMP library, but i'm not sure if that option means enabling OpenMP

Here is one interesting quote from ICC site:
"High-Performance Parallel Optimizer (HPO) restructures and optimizes loops to ensure that auto-vectorization, OpenMP, or auto-parallelization make best use of cache and memory accesses, SIMD instruction sets, and multiple cores. Compiles in a single pass, improving compile-time and producing more reliable code. "

Lookin in the helpfile I found this, it seems they are similar but apparently it doesn't have to use openmp; but it Can use both simultaneouslly. I could be misinterpreting this however.

Quote:-openmp
/Qopenmp
This option enables the parallelizer to generate multi-threaded code based on the OpenMP* directives. The code can be executed in parallel on both uniprocessor and multiprocessor systems.

Quote:Auto-parallelization, which is triggered by the -parallel (Linux* OS and Mac OS* X) or /Qparallel (Windows* OS) option, automatically identifies those loop structures that contain parallelism. During compilation, the compiler automatically attempts to deconstruct the code sequences into separate threads for parallel processing. No other effort by the programmer is needed.

Quote:When both -openmp and -parallel (Linux OS and Mac OS X) or /Qopenmp and /Qparallel (Windows OS) are specified on the command line, the parallel option is only applied in loop nests that do not have OpenMP directives. For loop nests with OpenMP directives, only the openmp option is applied.

Very interesting stuff though.
Ninja
Vectorization uses sse in loops, quite limited to the most simple things, it's a bonus for those who do not even care about optimization on their own. MSVC also supports openmp, but syncronization with os primitives is out of question on that micro level that scanline drawing runs, context switching would be too slow there, up to 4 ms (there is 15-30 ms for the whole frame).
I'm having graphical issues with faces in FFXII with GSdx under DirectX10 hardware. It doesn't happen in DirectX9 hardware, nor does it happen without texture filtering enabled.

I also tried the latest version of the separate GSdx10 and that works fine, even with texture filtering enabled. I've attached two shots. The first is of the problem and the second is GSdx10 displaying everything fine.

Both plugins are using the same settings (16x9, no interlacing, 1280x1280 internal resolution, texture filtering enabled).

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Gabest, I did mention that eraly, but now, when RoR's (Rule of Rose) SPS are fixed I think I should remind about that -> GSdx can't play FMVs in that game. Only ZeroGS can do that atm and only with native res. Any idea how to fix it?
P.S. Software mode works ofc :(

Sephious
It's a known issue, can be fixed afair :P
(03-03-2009, 10:05 AM)Kein Wrote: Gabest, I did mention that eraly, but now, when RoR's (Rule of Rose) SPS are fixed I think I should remind about that -> GSdx can't play FMVs in that game. Only ZeroGS can do that atm and only with native res. Any idea how to fix it?
P.S. Software mode works ofc Sad

Sephious
It's a known issue, can be fixed afair Tongue
If it is a known issue I apologize, I wasn't able to find anything on it.
Oh wait, Gabest, I found another way to fix (well, it is not a fix actually but solution) these problems (and many others). How about implementing two features which allow users to do two things:
1. Change D3D internal res. on the fly via button just like in ZroGS (F6-F7 for i.e). Multiplier can be customizable or fixed, doesn't matter actually.
2. Change related render into software mode. For example: if you're using Direct3D9 [hardware], you can quickly change it into Direct3D9 [software] (via F8 for i.e.), same for DX10. I guess such features will be very useful, actually, many users in our russian community asked about that earlier, but we all know, you don't accept any feature requests >_>
Maybe a known issue, but I didn't find it in this thread:
Is there any way to exit PCSX2 properly when using GSdx with D3D9 in fullscreen? For me, even the "Escape Hack" of PCSX2 doesn't work, the only way to get out is pressing Alt+F4 and then the windows-key. Otherwise the gamescreen will always stay in the foreground.
I had that problem a while back.. for me unticking "Safe Fullscreen exit on escape" in lilypad fixed the problem.
Ninja