GSdx
Thx Asmodean, works great. Btw, in the future, do you think this will work with the 8-bit textures or is impossible to implement?

Sponsored links

Looks good Smile
If you want to make more room for the shader section, someone could do something like this:

[Image: ybda.png]

For even more room, shade boost can go in that section as well. Either that and/or the Aniso Filtering can go in that section too. Same with MSAA in the hacks section. Therefore making more room at the start of gdsx and in the hack section Wink
Model: Clevo P570WM Laptop
GPU: GeForce GTX 980M ~8GB GDDR5
CPU: Intel Core i7-4960X CPU +4.2GHz (12 CPUs)
Memory: 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3L 1600MHz, 4x8gb
Hey there!
I was playing Crash Twinsanity and when I switched to Software mode I noticed that the shadows weren't missing (like they are in Hardware mode). I tried every hack and option but none seemed to fix the bug in Hardware mode. Software mode settings are set to default.

And I'm using the latest SVN GSdx release.
(02-03-2014, 04:36 PM)MenDude Wrote: Hey there!
I was playing Crash Twinsanity and when I switched to Software mode I noticed that the shadows weren't missing (like they are in Hardware mode). I tried every hack and option but none seemed to fix the bug in Hardware mode. Software mode settings are set to default.

And I'm using the latest SVN GSdx release.

Many games have missing shadows in hardware mode. Nothing you can do about it
[Image: newsig.jpg]
For those who wanted me to let them know: committed the AF changes to SVN
"Anisotropic filtering is automatically disabled if: 8-bit textures are enabled."

Help me to understand why we need to have or don't need to have the 8-bit textures enabled. What are some instances that we need to have it on or don't need to have it on? I never understood it. Also, why is AF disabled if we have 8-bit textures enabled (questioning to understand the feature, not to combat a decision)?
Generally speaking: enabling 8-bit textures is using lower quality (lower component bit) textures, which will provide a speed up for some games etc. I've not had any need to ever use it myself, on any of my games. But, I believe a few games want it. tldr: lower quality textures, for an fps boost.

Anisotropic filtering is the highest quality. It is also not natively supported by the PS2 (key point), unlike GC/Wii, which does. 8-bit textures alpha component bits is too low for AF to work properly. It causes texture alpha issues.

edit: typos
Oh, okay. Thanks for explaining. At first I thought it meant to allow 8-bit textures alongside of normal textures and that it could be disabled for a speedup of the emu omitting the 8-bit textures. 'Allow 8-bit Textures' has a much different context than 'Use 8-bit Textures', lol. That's why I was confused.
afaik that is what it does. It doesn't force all textures to 8-bit. It allows the use of 8-bit (lower quality) ones, and those allowed, lower quality ones, don't work with AF.

It's not a problem with the AF in itself. It just doesn't support filtering of the 8-bit textures. The same problem should happen on a real ps2. If you somehow managed to get AF working on it.
Okay, and lastly, can you post comparison picks from an in-game screenshot? I'm having trouble seeing the difference between a normal display and an AF display. I tried myself with my own screenshots but it's still too hard to tell. I need to know what I should be paying attention to and how high I should leave the setting.