GSdx
(07-08-2014, 05:13 PM)hellbringer616 Wrote: Gregory is the only one working on GSDX OGL(GSOGL...?) I'm sadly not sure if this is or isn't the right place for it, I'd send him a PM just so he is aware and he of course can tell you where to post it.
Any reason why you want to use OGL over DX? far be it from me to tell you what to do, Just curious Tongue

Is there anyone working on Directx backend at this point ?

Sponsored links

(07-09-2014, 12:34 AM)Monochrome100 Wrote: Is there anyone working on Directx backend at this point ?

Not really, unless something has changed that I don't know about.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
I've been having strange issues with GSDX software mode for PSX (PCSX-R and ePSXe) ever since I got a graphics card. Originally I had just the cpu integrated graphics at 4x4 stretching and max settings and it looked great. After adding the graphics card, using GSDX results in crashes, and in the instances where it does not crash areas of textures flicker with rainbow pixellation. It's strange that so much changed just after adding a GPU which shouldn't even really affect a soft plugin?

The versions of GSDX I've tried are the one on the PCSX-R page (an old one), one from PCSX2 1.2.1, and one from recent beta builds. I've been using the AVX2 GSDX since I have haswell CPU, and tried D3D 9, 10, 11 modes with not much of a difference.

Max settings on latest Pete OGL 2.9 produces a very similar image and doesn't have the crashing/texture bugs, but one issue with it really frustrates me. It seems to render "particle effects" (not sure if the right term) (e.g. sparks around fire and Sparx in Spyro games) as large pixel blocks approximately the size of what a pixel would be in a lower resolution, whereas GSDX displays (or used to) these as much smaller dots around the size of one real pixel in 1920x1080, which ends up looking much better. So anyway that's why I am wondering if there isn't some way I can get GSDX to work again or something.

- also just a side note, count me in as someone else who would like the ability to upscale x2 or more or whatever in software mode on PCSX2
(07-15-2014, 08:09 PM)modmodmod123 Wrote: I've been having strange issues with GSDX software mode for PSX (PCSX-R and ePSXe) ever since I got a graphics card. Originally I had just the cpu integrated graphics at 4x4 stretching and max settings and it looked great. After adding the graphics card, using GSDX results in crashes, and in the instances where it does not crash areas of textures flicker with rainbow pixellation. It's strange that so much changed just after adding a GPU which shouldn't even really affect a soft plugin?

The versions of GSDX I've tried are the one on the PCSX-R page (an old one), one from PCSX2 1.2.1, and one from recent beta builds. I've been using the AVX2 GSDX since I have haswell CPU, and tried D3D 9, 10, 11 modes with not much of a difference.

Max settings on latest Pete OGL 2.9 produces a very similar image and doesn't have the crashing/texture bugs, but one issue with it really frustrates me. It seems to render "particle effects" (not sure if the right term) (e.g. sparks around fire and Sparx in Spyro games) as large pixel blocks approximately the size of what a pixel would be in a lower resolution, whereas GSDX displays (or used to) these as much smaller dots around the size of one real pixel in 1920x1080, which ends up looking much better. So anyway that's why I am wondering if there isn't some way I can get GSDX to work again or something.

- also just a side note, count me in as someone else who would like the ability to upscale x2 or more or whatever in software mode on PCSX2
nice now um mind telling use what graphics card?
(07-16-2014, 12:51 AM)tsunami2311 Wrote: nice now um mind telling use what graphics card?

oh, NVIDIA GTX 770 with 337.88 drivers. I understand there have been problems with NVIDIA cards so maybe that helps.

Also, I tested the old version again (from PCSX-R website, a couple years old). When I set it to DX7 or DX9 mode, the crashes stopped. DX9 (and all other) mode on the newer GSDx caused crashes though and lower was not available. I am glad that at least works, even though there still is the issue of Alt+Enter, Esc, and other shortcuts not working when using LilyPad (I posted this in LilyPad thread though, as I'm not sure whose fault it is). Also, in DX7 mode it starts windowed and will not go fullscreen with Alt+Enter even with another pad plugin (Pokopom), with no visible option in config to start fullscreen. In DX9 mode in the old version that works it starts fullscreen but has the issue I mentioned about Alt+Enter and Esc.
(07-16-2014, 04:26 AM)modmodmod123 Wrote: oh, NVIDIA GTX 770 with 337.88 drivers. I understand there have been problems with NVIDIA cards so maybe that helps.

Also, I tested the old version again (from PCSX-R website, a couple years old). When I set it to DX7 or DX9 mode, the crashes stopped. DX9 (and all other) mode on the newer GSDx caused crashes though and lower was not available. I am glad that at least works, even though there still is the issue of Alt+Enter, Esc, and other shortcuts not working when using LilyPad (I posted this in LilyPad thread though, as I'm not sure whose fault it is). Also, in DX7 mode it starts windowed and will not go fullscreen with Alt+Enter even with another pad plugin (Pokopom), with no visible option in config to start fullscreen. In DX9 mode in the old version that works it starts fullscreen but has the issue I mentioned about Alt+Enter and Esc.

This is strange GPU shouldnt be a problem because from what I heard GSDX doesnt use GPU at all in PSX mode so maybe its regression in GSDX ?
submitted by nintendo 85 : http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Grandia-3...pid=388028
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Hi guys, is there any new version of gsdx ? im runing on 0.1.16 Mellow

----------------------------------------------------------------

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz (3.40GHz/ Turbo boost)
MMX,SSE,SSE2,SSE3,SSSE3,SSE4.1,SSE4.2,EM64T,VT-x ,AES,AVX,AVX2,FMA3
RAM: GEIL EVO VELOCE DDR3 1600MHz 2x4 GB
GPU: Gigabyte AMD R9 270 OC 2GB GDDR5 Windforce x2 (Max OC)
M/B: ASRock H97 PRO4
*Edit: Removed the information from this post as it neither served any legitimate purpose nor did it provide useful information pertaining to the GPU plugin. The issue cannot be resolved and as such, there is no reason for me to post the information I had provided, so I gave in to resorting to complete deletion.
Custom Desktop
CPU: Haswell Core i7 4770 3.40 GHz (3.90 GHz w/ Turbo Boost)
CPU Instructions: MMX, SSE1, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1,
SSE4.2, EIST, iAMT2, Trusted Execution Technology (TXT)  
RAM: 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM
HDD: 3 x 1 TB Western Digital HDD
Video: eVGA GeForce GTX 970 4 GB GDDR5
Audio: Realtek 5.1 HD Audio
The transition has probably been disabled due to it causing problems in hardware mode.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]