GSdx
Have a look here: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-GSdx-Memory-Coherency

The way it is currently done is an optimization, sorta. That's why it's not perfect. It can work without it, but it would likely still be painfully slow. Anyway that thread explains it better than I do. I guess I shouldn't have said "break" though.

Quote:CPU mode is coherent automatically, since it can use the textures directly out of memory. For the GPU, they have to be staged into a texture cache, which needs to be notified of any texture updates somehow or another.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD

Sponsored links

As I understand it, it's a speedhack that can't be disabled. Maybe it's too slow so there is no point in disabling it. Dolphin has Texture Cache hack as well but it's adjustable (Safe, Middle, and Fast). Maybe less aggressive options might fix some glitches and not affect the performance so much.
(12-12-2014, 10:57 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Have a look here: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-GSdx-Memory-Coherency

The way it is currently done is an optimization, sorta. That's why it's not perfect. It can work without it, but it would likely still be painfully slow. Anyway that thread explains it better than I do. I guess I shouldn't have said "break" though.

I was close Tongue

In any case, the compile option to disable texture cache still exists in the latest git (but is not used).

To build a version with a disabled texture cache, go to "/GSdx/config.h" and on line 33, remove the double slash in front of #define "//#define DISABLE_HW_TEXTURE_CACHE // Slow but fixes a lot of bugs"

I don't have the DX SDK set-up, so I'm not going to provide a build.
(12-12-2014, 11:28 PM)Ge-Force Wrote: I was close Tongue

In any case, the compile option to disable texture cache still exists in the latest git (but is not used).

To build a version with a disabled texture cache, go to "/GSdx/config.h" and on line 33, remove the double slash in front of #define "//#define DISABLE_HW_TEXTURE_CACHE // Slow but fixes a lot of bugs"

I don't have the DX SDK set-up, so I'm not going to provide a build.

There should be option in GUI for it. Can you disable it for OpenGL or do they have separate caches ?
Ok, THAT IS SLOW. 2fps on my laptop running the jak II intro
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(12-13-2014, 12:12 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: Ok, THAT IS SLOW. 2fps on my laptop running the jak II intro

What are your specs and could you post build with cache disabled based on newest git version ?
Yeah, I'll post it in a few hours

My specs are an i5 4210U, 8GB ram, and intel hd 4400
(12-13-2014, 12:23 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: Yeah, I'll post it in a few hours

My specs are an i5 4210U, 8GB ram, and intel hd 4400

Can it be disabled also for opengl ?
i think it disables it for for ever plugin, but i'm not sure
If you guys want, I will post the latest GSdx with texture cache disabled. (Edit: Didn't see Nobbs was gonna. Oh well, I beat him)

BUT DO NOT ASK FOR SUPPORT ON IT! Tongue2

Gimme a few minutes.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD