GSdx
(12-15-2014, 08:30 AM)Nijohc Wrote: Is there anyway to get more speed in "Star Ocean : Till the end of time" using software rendering? I prefer software renderer in all situations because it is more accurate, hardware mode completely skips the shadows as someone stated earlier in this thread.

Config-> video -> plugin settings

At the bottom, set extra rendering threads to 2 or 3.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD

Sponsored links

@Nijohc
you could also try mtvu for more speed up.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(12-15-2014, 08:33 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Config-> video -> plugin settings

At the bottom, set extra rendering threads to 2 or 3.

Thanks for the reply. It's already set at 3. Are you able to get fullspeed yourself in this game with software rendering?

To ssakash : I already have mtvu hack enabled, thanks.
i5 7600k, GTX 680, 16GB DDR4 3000
Manjaro [Hakoila] KDE Plasma
Yes, for the parts that I have tested anyway. What part slows down for you ? Anyway I normally run pretty much everything in hardware mode unless it require software mode.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(12-15-2014, 08:30 AM)Nijohc Wrote: I'm wondering if faster ram might speed it up a bit? I'm running 8GB @ 1600Mhz, would 2400Mhz ram give me the required boost if that is the bottleneck or is it more CPU speed that is required?
faster ram could improve the performance upto some level if you are using it's integrated graphics card. and it's best to get a dual-channel ram for better speed.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(12-15-2014, 08:53 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Yes, for the parts that I have tested anyway. What part slows down for you ? Anyway I normally run pretty much everything in hardware mode unless it require software mode.

It will jitter for the first few seconds of most battles (petty I know but still annoying, music becomes distorted). It really slows down in the Airyglyph Aqueducts/dungeon where there is ice.

(12-15-2014, 08:54 AM)ssakash Wrote: faster ram could improve the performance upto some level if you are using it's integrated graphics card. and it's best to get a dual-channel ram for better speed.

Thanks, my ram is already dual channel, it is 2x4GB DDR3 1600 in dual channel mode. I don't use the integrated graphics, I have a dedicated GPU (Sapphire 7850 2GB).

Also it would be interesting to know why there are no shadows in Soul Calibur 3 if anyone knows anything about that would love to know.
i5 7600k, GTX 680, 16GB DDR4 3000
Manjaro [Hakoila] KDE Plasma
try using wildarms offset in hw hacks and set vu clamping mode to extra and see, if this fixes the issue.
- Refraction
(12-08-2014, 05:59 AM)ssakash Wrote: just in case try whether you have the same problem in the latest stable build 1.2.1

yes using latest stable build 1.2.1 everything is normal..
using latest dev build, gdx plugin windows always crash when i tried to open it.

my system:
i5 3570k
ram 8gb
gtx 660
windows 8.1 64bit
Wanted to report 2 GSdx bugs.

Sega Ages 2500 Series Vol. 4: Space Harrier
-Only works well with software renderer. Which is a pity since the game would look amazing upscaled (you get glimpses of what 'could be' as the game occasionally flickers an image here and there).

Basically the screen is nada with occasional graphics appearing here and there. Hoping that someone out there can find a fix for this in a future version.

The other bug...
Twisted Metal Head-on Extra twisted edition.

A classic shadow bug where the shadow is glitchy and distorted. Tried several work arounds suggested for other programs but no results.

I've noticed over time that other games with shadow issues get the occasional in-game fix in future revisions. Hoping this one as well will eventually be addressed since this game would look great was it not for this awful bug.

I am using a 4790k with a 970 4g gaming MSI gpu and windows 8.1 and the newest builds of pcsx2 since Sept 2014 though the present Dec.

P.S. Excuse the noobishness of my report. I tried to follow the instructions to the best of my ability and ended up here based on the various disclaimers. If this should be posted elsewhere, lemme know. Cheers!
There's some people around that can do GSdx CRC patches. If you're lucky, they'll read this and fix Twisted Metal.
It's a popular title, afaik.