GSdx
Here the news

I implemented a proof of concept of my latest hack idea. I'm not yet happy with it currently (in particular for bilinear sprite). Anyway, feel free to toy with it.
OpenGL only !
Quote:UserHacks_UnscaleSprite = 1 (or 2)

Otherwise on the openGL performance topic, I change a bit the vertex streaming code. My testacase gets a major speed boost (around 15%-25%). Tests are welcome.
Quote:ogl_vertex_storage = 1

Sponsored links

(04-20-2015, 09:47 AM)gregory Wrote: Here the news

I implemented a proof of concept of my latest hack idea. I'm not yet happy with it currently (in particular for bilinear sprite). Anyway, feel free to toy with it.
OpenGL only !

Otherwise on the openGL performance topic, I change a bit the vertex streaming code. My testacase gets a major speed boost (around 15%-25%). Tests are welcome.

I'm bored so I'll test some games.

edit
----
I'm seeing a slight slowdown in simpsons hit and run and shadow of the colossus.
(04-20-2015, 10:02 PM)dogen Wrote: I'm bored so I'll test some games.

edit
----
I'm seeing a slight slowdown in simpsons hit and run and shadow of the colossus.

Slowdown with hack? buffer storage option? Both?
(04-20-2015, 11:02 PM)gregory Wrote: Slowdown with hack? buffer storage option? Both?

Buffer storage I think. Was I supposed to enable it? I just compared the two most recent builds of gsdx.
you would need to put
Code:
ogl_vertex_storage = 1
into your gsdx.ini to see the effect...
(04-21-2015, 12:15 AM)willkuer Wrote: you would need to put
Code:
ogl_vertex_storage = 1
into your gsdx.ini to see the effect...

Alright, I'll test again later.
Strange that I was getting a lower fps.
Well it still possible. My testcase is just a replay of a scene so it isn't accurate.
There is some kind of problem with the ini settings not applying on OGL / Windows for me.
I'm changing the options but the GL renderer doesn't seem to take notice.
It works as usual on the regular renderers.
Which options? I'm a bit lost Wink

Anyway, it would really help if someone extend the GSdx gui for opengl.

Which remind me this opengl option. The purpose of this option is to fix DATE but I'm afraid it could be slow.
Quote:override_GL_ARB_shader_image_load_store = 0

You can check the option is properly disabled with this message
Quote:Override GL_ARB_shader_image_load_store detection (Disabled)
(04-21-2015, 09:55 AM)gregory Wrote: Well it still possible. My testcase is just a replay of a scene so it isn't accurate.

Just tested it properly this time. It looks like in some scenes it's slightly faster in others, it's very slightly slower. Either way, I'm talking about 1-2 fps differences in a game that runs around 55-60 fps.

Not 100% sure how replays work.
I'm guessing it shows up more because it's not emulating the ps2, right?