Games stuttering with FPS drop
(05-22-2015, 04:51 AM)bluejoc Wrote: Yes I am running it from an ISO. I just don't understand why it only is happening in pcsx2. I also have the dolphin emulator and it doesn't do it with that, if it does it's barely noticeable and only happens rarely. With pcsx2 it's consistently happening.
could you try checking out any other PS2 game and check whether the issue is resolved ?

(05-22-2015, 05:03 AM)Brock lessner Wrote: PCSX2 Is more demanding so does need more raw power than dolphin emu .

nope, it's entirely dependent on the games. Tongue2
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction

Sponsored links

(05-22-2015, 05:38 AM)ssakash Wrote: could you try checking out any other PS2 game and check whether the issue is resolved ?

very possible , but I will like to see an explanation about that .
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
(05-22-2015, 05:38 AM)ssakash Wrote: could you try checking out any other PS2 game and check whether the issue is resolved ?

I tried mortal kombat shaolin monks today and the stuttering is still there. I play super Mario galaxy on dolphin and it I don't get this problem, very strange.
Quote:I play super Mario galaxy on dolphin and it I don't get this problem, very strange.
Dolphin emulates a completely different architecture. thus, the comparison is irrelevant.

tried disabling intel speedstep ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(05-22-2015, 09:01 AM)bluejoc Wrote: I tried mortal kombat shaolin monks today and the stuttering is still there. I play super Mario galaxy on dolphin and it I don't get this problem, very strange.

try installing the latest development build from here and check out once more with the default settings.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(05-21-2015, 04:26 AM)bluejoc Wrote: I'm thinking it may have something to do with my hard drive. Sometimes, the stuttering is in-sync with the noise of my hard drive when it winds up.

(05-21-2015, 03:21 PM)bluejoc Wrote: I've read if you run the ISO from an external hard drive or a USB that could help, so I may give that a try.

have you tried that? If you think that your hdd might be the issue it would be good to verify that.

How much RAM do you have? If you have 8GB or more you can try to use a RAMDISK partition to get a fast access and for sure working partition. Like that you can avoid all issues related to hard drives...
(05-22-2015, 09:06 AM)jesalvein Wrote: Dolphin emulates a completely different architecture. thus, the comparison is irrelevant.

tried disabling intel speedstep ?

I believe this fixed the problem! I just played DBZ BT3 with no stuttering for 30 minutes, I will try some other games and report.
Sorry to bump this up again, I figured out my issue but I'm wondering if some could explain it to me.

Here is when the stuttering occurs. When I start my computer in balanced power mode and switch it to high performance. The stuttering will occur in either power option.

The stuttering will NOT occur when I put it in high performance mode, restart my computer, then the computer starts first in high performance mode. If I switch it to balanced, then back to high performance mode, the stuttering will begin again.

Like I said, at least I figured out the issue, but would anyone have an explanation as to why it would NOT work when simply switching it to high performance from balanced?
when you restart your computer, all the background processes starts with consumption of lower resources and progresses with initialization of even more processes. so restarting the computer would always bring it back to initial speed. (that's how it was for myself). maybe dynamical toggle is not possible for power modes ?
- Refraction