God of War 1 & 2 looks playable
I read back and I found the solution (saving to mcd after the fight, then reset), but thanks the answers. (and sorry again for my bad english)

------------------------------------

Edit: I got finally stuck Sad. After the fight with perseus (in the pool), I have to reflect the big head's beams, when I reflected them there is a video. If i don't use skip mpeg then the video freeze, if i do then right after the video the game freeze (only upgrade menu). Can anybody post a savestate, or a memorycard save after this? (I can send both of mines before the freeze)

Sponsored links

Okay so, huh, after reading all 862 posts here, trying to find a fix for the green screen/fog problem I'm experiencing in GoW 1, I haven't found any so I'm posting here.

I just udpated to rev1888 + updated plugins + gsdx from its official site, along with ZZogl.

I've tried with/without:
* All speedhacks
* EE
* MTGS
* Software/Hardware mode
* DaZ, Full+Preserve sign, Clamp full, etc.
* All gamefixes enabled (no GoW in there though)
* Skip MPEG (only for ZZogl, which had no effect)
* GSDX x9, x10, SSE2, SSE3 & SSSE4 or something.
* Native, custom res.
* F9 key (whatever it does o_O, it's very slow anyways, and it makes my ESC key not work)
* Texture filtering/no filtering

So:
* Software mode works, but it makes the little dwarves inside my computer to work so hard they look like if they're gonna self-destruct like a FFX bomb would. It works, but eeeeeeeeh definitely not playable.
* Hardware mode works cool, fast an everything, but I'm experiencing the Green-Fog-Of-Death Sad
* ZZogl seems to fix the green fog... I had to enable a few hacks (something related to enable multiple rendering targets and one or two resolve hacks)... BUT! then it makes PCSX2 crash right when a movie is coming in.

A few screenies:

GFOD:
[Image: gsdx20090921233900.th.jpg]

HOWEVER, the GFOD dissappears if I move here:
[Image: gsdx20090922003632.th.jpg]

or here:
[Image: gsdx20090922003636.th.jpg]

I don't know much DirectX programming, but by guess, it seems it has something to do with the stencil buffer, depth, lightning or preprocessing. It's a shot in the dark, but hey Tongue

Also, I noticed there's a lot of enforcement on not using modified versions of GSDX. Yeah, they could have "bad code" and all that stuff some people is paranoid of, but if they fix the issue, it would, instead, be wiser to see what do they do to fix the issue and apply the patch instead? just a suggestion ^^;.

Anyways, if anybody knows how to fix the GFOD, it'd be greatly appreciated! Laugh

Thanks in advance Tongue

- DARKGuy
..:: Core2Duo E7500 OC @ 3.23 Ghz | 9800GTX+ 512Mb GDDR2 | 2GB DDR2 800 | Win7 x64 ::..
How far from the beginning this movie? I have GOW, but I don't like it, and have a trouble with gameplay concept.

p.S. I hear, that people use hacked for GOW version of GSDX.
(09-22-2009, 07:51 AM)Zeydlitz Wrote: How far from the beginning this movie? I have GOW, but I don't like it, and have a trouble with gameplay concept.

p.S. I hear, that people use hacked for GOW version of GSDX.

Hi Zeydlitz! ^_^.

Well, I was able to get past the intro movie which hangs ZZogl too, by using GSDX and saving a state after the intro right into gameplay. After that, I can load the state with ZZogl (either by Load ISO - Run CD/DVD, or right by swapping plugins) and keep playing happily, until the movie where some monsters come out from below the ship's deck Sad. Since it happens in the intro movie and the 2nd movie (where those monsters appear), I think it's an issue with all videos Tongue

If you need any more info, or states, or stuff, just ask Laugh I'll gladly help you fix it ^^.
..:: Core2Duo E7500 OC @ 3.23 Ghz | 9800GTX+ 512Mb GDDR2 | 2GB DDR2 800 | Win7 x64 ::..
Well, savestates will help if only our games have the same CRC. I play GOW with 16-bit textures on (picture become clearer and faster), and only kill first 4 enemies. How far for crush?
(09-22-2009, 08:34 AM)Zeydlitz Wrote: Well, savestates will help if only our games have the same CRC. I play GOW with 16-bit textures on (picture become clearer and faster), and only kill first 4 enemies. How far for crush?

I have tried 16-bit too, and also, disabling stencil buffer gives a -big- speedup, almost the same one as if I had enabled 16-bit textures and/or screen resolution Laugh

My CRC info is: 0:\SCES_531.33;1; CRC = 1F0F30A5

And the crash happens in two scenarios I've experienced: First, load the game, select any difficulty. Kratos will speak then right before showing the cinematic where he falls off a cliff, it crashes.

If you wanna try it in-game, start up in easy mode (less enemies to kill!), smash some with Square button and try to grab an enemy with Circle, then smash a few more. I've found that if you use that combo, the other enemies take less time in appearing from the ship's deck (which is where the second crash happens). I assume it happens faster because those are the moves the tutorial requests you to do before continuing Laugh. I've never played GoW before ^^;.

Gotta sleep, Laugh, I'll try replying tomorrow while I'm at work if possible Laugh
To bad, I'v got I SCUS_973.99;1 US version, and it does not want to crush.
hello I have strange problem in god of war 2 pal orginal dvd9. after examination of secon translator I have black screen I hear sound I can move also I can go into pause menu but in game i see notign but black screen.

my config:
pcsx2 beta.r1736
gdsx1650 ssse3

my kopm
c2q 6600
motherboard asus p5kc
graph geforce gtx260
4gb ram patriot 4-4-412

help me.
(09-22-2009, 07:40 AM)DARKGuy Wrote: Okay so, huh, after reading all 862 posts here, trying to find a fix for the green screen/fog problem I'm experiencing in GoW 1, I haven't found any so I'm posting here.

I just udpated to rev1888 + updated plugins + gsdx from its official site, along with ZZogl.

I've tried with/without:
* All speedhacks
* EE
* MTGS
* Software/Hardware mode
* DaZ, Full+Preserve sign, Clamp full, etc.
* All gamefixes enabled (no GoW in there though)
* Skip MPEG (only for ZZogl, which had no effect)
* GSDX x9, x10, SSE2, SSE3 & SSSE4 or something.
* Native, custom res.
* F9 key (whatever it does o_O, it's very slow anyways, and it makes my ESC key not work)
* Texture filtering/no filtering

So:
* Software mode works, but it makes the little dwarves inside my computer to work so hard they look like if they're gonna self-destruct like a FFX bomb would. It works, but eeeeeeeeh definitely not playable.
* Hardware mode works cool, fast an everything, but I'm experiencing the Green-Fog-Of-Death Sad
* ZZogl seems to fix the green fog... I had to enable a few hacks (something related to enable multiple rendering targets and one or two resolve hacks)... BUT! then it makes PCSX2 crash right when a movie is coming in.

A few screenies:

GFOD:
[Image: gsdx20090921233900.th.jpg]

HOWEVER, the GFOD dissappears if I move here:
[Image: gsdx20090922003632.th.jpg]

or here:
[Image: gsdx20090922003636.th.jpg]

I don't know much DirectX programming, but by guess, it seems it has something to do with the stencil buffer, depth, lightning or preprocessing. It's a shot in the dark, but hey Tongue

Also, I noticed there's a lot of enforcement on not using modified versions of GSDX. Yeah, they could have "bad code" and all that stuff some people is paranoid of, but if they fix the issue, it would, instead, be wiser to see what do they do to fix the issue and apply the patch instead? just a suggestion ^^;.

Anyways, if anybody knows how to fix the GFOD, it'd be greatly appreciated! Laugh

Thanks in advance Tongue

- DARKGuy

did we ever find a fix for the fog?
Run graphics plugin in dx10 mode. Or use the custom gsdx sse2 fix found on the net. Works for me. I've never seen this green fog and I'm almost done with the game. Enjoy!!