Gran Turismo 4 (NTSC) is playable. [HOWTO] Best config to enjoy it.
@Wohlrajh

Hi nice to meet you Smile, i have a little question ( sorry if my english is bad Sad )

I want to know if my pc spec : Athlon X2 64 7750 @2,7 ghz, ati HD 4670 512mb, 4gb RAM, Vista ultimate x86 can run gran turismo 4 smoothly depend on your config?

Sponsored links

@Wohlrajh

Bro, i need your help, all settings depend on your config at page 1 but my fps still below 60 especially when browse a car! Sad
This was asked earlier in the thread and I have the same problem - the videos during the menu screens don't work. I've seen youtube videos of GT4 in PCSX2 where they do work just fine, so does anyone have any idea please? I have tried various options, different graphics plugins etc. and it's no different. I am using Windows XP SP3, does anyone have the videos working in XP or is DX10 and Vista needed perhaps?

See the attached images for how the videos look for me. Other than that the game runs surprisingly well, although there is clearly some way to go before it is fully functional - and you do need a very powerful CPU to run it at full speed all the time.

What cpu can run the game with normal fps and with graphics better than 'native'? My Athlon x2 6000+ 3.0 ghz runs the game playable (~40 fps) with 'native' resolution. Is there any reason to buy for example Phenom II x4 810 or the game still will not give 60 fps with good graphics with this cpu?
(05-03-2009, 10:22 AM)eikei Wrote: What cpu can run the game with normal fps and with graphics better than 'native'? My Athlon x2 6000+ 3.0 ghz runs the game playable (~40 fps) with 'native' resolution. Is there any reason to buy for example Phenom II x4 810 or the game still will not give 60 fps with good graphics with this cpu?

I doubt that CPU would make much difference from your current one - remember the emulator only uses two cores.

My Q6600 @ 3GHz can run the game at around 40-60fps in time trial, but during a race or at times during the menu screens when selecting a car, it can be much worse even than that. I think you need something equivalent to maybe a 4GHz dual core for good performance at the moment.
With last revisions of Pcsx2 and Gsdx, GT4 runs pretty good. I have AMD 7750 (@2.9) and to me it's very playable. There are still problems on tracks with much light but I can cope with it. I belive with time and developement of Pcsx2 and graphics plugin, it will get better and better so I don't think you need to upgrade your CPU just for GT4.
Anyone can't help me? Sad
(05-04-2009, 04:23 AM)players Wrote: Anyone can't help me? Sad
Your CPU is too slow to get 60fps when browsing a car. My Q6600 @ 3GHz is quicker than your Athlon X2 64 2.7GHz, and my fps plummets when selecting a car. I imagine it will need a future version of the emulator to fix the issue, or failing that a future faster CPU. From what I've seen, there probably isn't any CPU available which runs it at 60fps at all times.

If your fps drops while selecting a car, anyway, is it that much of a problem? Blink Not the end of the world is it Wacko
Tried the game on my friend's pc with Intel C2D E8600 overclocked to 4.5 GHz. Well, at least there is no problem with fps in races, but it remains while selecting a car.
Has anyone been able to drive the Nurburgring without crashing/freezing? So far it's the only track that I can't play. I've tried many different settings but it always freezes after the first corner. The rest of the game seems fine.