Gran Turismo 4 configuration guide+shader!!! Best looking Gran Turismo 4 ever! 2013
Hey people!

I've been thinking of doing an overhaul of this guide for the new year. I've found some more improvements for GT4 on new revisions and I think that I should simplify my guide so that we don't have people asking the same questions over and over again. Now, the question is if I should make a new thread or simply edit this thread. What do you think is better? Or what should I do? I want to know what you guys think.
New Gran Turismo 4 Config+Shader 2017

Intel Core i5 OCed @ 4.00 Ghz - GeForce GTX 970 - 16 GB RAM Crucial Ballistic Sport PC3-16000 - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Sponsored links

What are these improvements in settings that you think deserve new thread? I dont see nothing improved in GT4 apart from option to use 2 shaders - external and internal AA.
I have found a way to fix a bug in replay mode where the wheels are out of place and makes your car look ugly and some other small improvements. But more than anything I want to overhaul the guide and make it more simple and precise so people don't PM me with some questions that are easily answered if you really read the guide carefully. So I'm not exactly sure if I should just update this thread or start a new one. So that's why I'm asking the question and I want people's opinion. So please post your opinion. Just give me an answer to my question. That's all.

Intel Core i5 OCed @ 4.00 Ghz - GeForce GTX 970 - 16 GB RAM Crucial Ballistic Sport PC3-16000 - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
First thing first:
Quote:Update:

I decided to update my shader since some people have found it a bit dark. I was aiming for better gamma and contrast without any side effects like overbloom or overbrightness and paying attention to all little details. It turned out so much better than I expected. Here are some pics comparing the old version with the updated one:

This is from your first post and as Asmodean said it looks like you're trying to sell his shader (albeit configured by you, but still HIS shader) as yours. So fix that first and give credit where it's due since we will not tolerate this here.

Secondly, it's best you update the same thread and not create a new one
[Image: newsig.jpg]
the guide's still good. that shader pics look like crap tho. and stealing shaders is a no go. in general it's just to use shadeboost to compensate the brightness loss with the "0"-fix. that's enough. the eecycles do nothing on the latest revisions anymore. one can cut that. setting a custom resolution of a height multiple of 448 - or 448 direcly - results in a ugly car selection menu. a thing to avoid. but the ingame image quality is a lil sharper - atleast for me, playing close to native.

obvious lagger are the cars being hipoly and driving in front. another lag is sun flares and blooming. atleast that's what i noticed it is on the nordschleife. it's the only time trial that i can play rather fluid. 45 - 50 average fps \o/. D: the sun is just f*cking annoying there. i'd like a skipdraw.
(01-29-2014, 03:40 PM)dabore Wrote: in general it's just to use shadeboost to compensate the brightness loss with the "0"-fix. that's enough.

No, its not.

(01-29-2014, 03:40 PM)dabore Wrote: the eecycles do nothing on the latest revisions anymore.

They do, Just they are added to automatic fixes. But i recommend to switch off these and use manual setting for them. Because you can change them manualy on-the-fly, for example if you want to replay some licence challenges. If you use auto fixes, you cannot disable them on-the-fly and you have to restart the whole game.

(01-29-2014, 03:40 PM)dabore Wrote: setting a custom resolution of a height multiple of 448 - or 448 direcly - results in a ugly car selection menu. a thing to avoid. but the ingame image quality is a lil sharper - atleast for me, playing close to native.

And why to do this? I mean if you can play on 2x,3x internal...If not, set whatever your pc can handle.

(01-29-2014, 03:40 PM)dabore Wrote: i'd like a skipdraw.

You wil loose other effects too, i dont think it is good idea, especially when game does not need this.
Ok. It seems like some people here are eager to hear me say the following. No copyright is intended! All rights go to their respective owners! I do not own the shader used in this tutorial and the use of it is not intended to disobey any copyright law. Nor do I own the thread I posted. I do not own any software, website, server, ect. used to communicate or interact through the communication portal known as the internet as they are merely licensed to me. Credit goes to all responsible parties involved in the development of all hardware and software used to make the magic of computing possible in my personal computer. All software used in the making of this thread has been acquired and verified as "free to use" and is being used for education and leisure only, which by the copyright law is still under a FAIR USE. Therefore, a dispute claimed by any responsible parties involved in the development of any hardware or software used for the creation of this thread should not occur.

Enough said.

Now, can we get back to the question at hand?

Oh, yeah. Thanks to those who actually answered it.

(01-30-2014, 04:48 AM)deadlyjoaquin Wrote: Ok. It seems like some people here are eager to hear me say the following. No copyright is intended! All rights go to their respective owners! I do not own the shader used in this tutorial and the use of it is not intended to disobey any copyright law. Nor do I own the thread I posted. I do not own any software, website, server, ect. used to communicate or interact through the communication portal known as the internet as they are merely licensed to me. Credit goes to all responsible parties involved in the development of all hardware and software used to make the magic of computing possible in my personal computer. All software used in the making of this thread has been acquired and verified as "free to use" and is being used for education and leisure only, which by the copyright law is still under a FAIR USE. Therefore, a dispute claimed by any responsible parties involved in the development of any hardware or software used for the creation of this thread should not occur.

Enough said.

You could have just thanked Asmodean seeing that you are using his shader.
Lenovo Y50-70 Gaming Laptop
Intel Core i7-4720HQ @ 2.6Ghz - 3.6Ghz Quad Core
Nvidia GTX 960M 4GB
8GB DDR3 Ram
15.6'' Full HD 1920 x 1080 IPS
Windows 10 64 Bit
---
Intel Core i5 4670 @ 3.4Ghz
Gigabyte H81M
Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB
8GB DDR 3 Ram
1TB WD Black
Windows 10 64 Bit
Phillips 23.6" 1920x1080 IPS
(01-30-2014, 04:48 AM)deadlyjoaquin Wrote: Ok. It seems like some people here are eager to hear me say the following. No copyright is intended! All rights go to their respective owners! I do not own the shader used in this tutorial and the use of it is not intended to disobey any copyright law. Nor do I own the thread I posted. I do not own any software, website, server, ect. used to communicate or interact through the communication portal known as the internet as they are merely licensed to me. Credit goes to all responsible parties involved in the development of all hardware and software used to make the magic of computing possible in my personal computer. All software used in the making of this thread has been acquired and verified as "free to use" and is being used for education and leisure only, which by the copyright law is still under a FAIR USE. Therefore, a dispute claimed by any responsible parties involved in the development of any hardware or software used for the creation of this thread should not occur.

Enough said.

I really don't like the mocking tone. We didn't ask you to pay your respects or give us money, just stop saying MY shader, which is a blatant lie. Enough said.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
It is not MY shader in the sense that I did not create it from scratch. It is MY shader in the sense that it is my copy of the shader because I acquired it as a free download and modified it to make it work in my particular application. Now, it is impossible to steal a file that is provided as a free download.

One more thing: Have any of you actually opened the file and taken a look at it? If you have really done so you would realize that Asmodean's name is still in the file. If my intentions were to steal his shader, why would I leave his name as creator of the original file?

I could have easily just removed his name from it and rearrange things here and there and we wouldn't be having a discussion about this.

I respect the work that Asmodean put into the shader. Because of that, his name is still there and that's why he knows I used his shader. But when you decide to share something you do as a free download, you have to realize that it now belongs to the community at large. So in the end it is not even my shader or Asmodean's shader. It is everybody's shader as anyone can grab the file and modify it and break it or fix it as much as they want.

"One can only claim something as "mine" only when it is in one's possession."