HELP! New User/Install Repeated Crashing
(01-16-2014, 07:50 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: The installer version puts files both in C:\Program files\ and C:\My Documents\

But even that Emu CR thing is a stand alone build(I think), I don't think OP ran the installer. I could be wrong though.

yep he said in post 1 that he used the installer Smile
maybe he's importing the settings from the installer when he sets up the new builds

it's a shame he couldn't capture what's happening as he starts the setup then we all could see what's going on

another thought: it might be related to what antivirus software your using and it's permissions, i remember having problems with windows xp64 although it's dought-ful

anyways Quizblog, look for the files in your drive, in the places Blyss Sarania has pointed to, and delete them, then start again.

but before you do click on the pcsx2 exe, try removing all dll's beginning with d from your plugin folder except the DEV9ghzdrk.dll ,then remove that and put in DEV9ghzdrk-r5805.dll and so on
remembering each time to change the emulator plug in settings to the dll that's left, hopefully it then should work Wacko

i'm pretty sure now that your problem has nothing to do with win 7 64 or direct x or your Visual C redists Smile
Not sure what graphics card you have, it's memory bandwidth,
it's temperature, fan speed, what pixel shader it has
try TechPowerUp's gpu-z

Not sure what your cpu is try cpu-z
       (hint click on the highlighted links Biggrin)

Sponsored links

(01-16-2014, 07:28 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: As you can see from the emulog of a working boot, dev9 is the last thing that loads before the boot:

Code:
Image type  = DVD
* CDVD Disk Open: DVD, Single layer or unknown:
* * Track 1: Data (Mode 1) (1484928 sectors)
    Opening USB
    Opening FW
    Opening DEV9
McdSlot 0: C:\Users\Blyss Sarania\Desktop\Emulation\PS2\memcards\Mcd001.ps2
McdSlot 1: C:\Users\Blyss Sarania\Desktop\Emulation\PS2\memcards\Mcd002.ps2
Plugins opened successfully.
EE/iR5900-32 Recompiler Reset
    Bios Found: USA     v01.90(23/06/2003)  Console
(UpdateVSyncRate) Mode Changed to NTSC.
(UpdateVSyncRate) FPS Limit Changed : 59.94 fps
(SYSTEM.CNF) Detected PS2 Disc = cdrom0:\SLUS_203.70;1
(SYSTEM.CNF) Software version = 1.01
(SYSTEM.CNF) Disc region type = NTSC
ELF (cdrom0:\SLUS_203.70;1) Game CRC = 0x0F6B6315, EntryPoint = 0x00100008
(SYSTEM.CNF) Detected PS2 Disc = cdrom0:\SLUS_203.70;1
(SYSTEM.CNF) Software version = 1.01
(SYSTEM.CNF) Disc region type = NTSC

Are you sure your bios dump is good? I'm reaching here but who knows.

For testing purposes, i tried a different version of the bios, i believe the launch one, and it made no difference. I could believe that one dump was faulty but not several.

I see that the executable loads some memory card stuff after dev9, i will try messing with that. maybe that's my hangup.
(01-16-2014, 09:52 PM)dr emulator (madmax) Wrote: yep he said in post 1 that he used the installer Smile
maybe he's importing the settings from the installer when he sets up the new builds

it's a shame he couldn't capture what's happening as he starts the setup then we all could see what's going on

another thought: it might be related to what antivirus software your using and it's permissions, i remember having problems with windows xp64 although it's dought-ful

anyways Quizblog, look for the files in your drive, in the places Blyss Sarania has pointed to, and delete them, then start again.

but before you do click on the pcsx2 exe, try removing all dll's beginning with d from your plugin folder except the DEV9ghzdrk.dll ,then remove that and put in DEV9ghzdrk-r5805.dll and so on
remembering each time to change the emulator plug in settings to the dll that's left, hopefully it then should work Wacko

i'm pretty sure now that your problem has nothing to do with win 7 64 or direct x or your Visual C redists Smile

When "DEV9ghzdrk-r5805" is the only DEV9 DLL is isnt recognized by the executable.

[Image: 67xWK44.jpg]
(01-16-2014, 09:52 PM)dr emulator (madmax) Wrote: it's a shame he couldn't capture what's happening as he starts the setup then we all could see what's going on

[Image: K5CveZQ.jpg]

[Image: sMfl0yR.jpg]

[Image: Ab5NqOU.jpg]

[Image: Y6AFcKW.jpg]

[Image: 58gz8Hk.jpg]

Once the program loads I am using all default settings, with the exception of disabling all speed hacks, and changing to a 16:9 ration in the GS Window
You're showing Dev 9 null set, but also showing you deleted dev9null
???
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(01-17-2014, 12:54 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: You're showing Dev 9 null set, but also showing you deleted dev9null
???

well, the setup wont continue so i put the null's back in.

[Image: QqrRYk7.jpg]
Holy Mother of Christ. It launch's on OpenGL graphics.
Well... then directx is your problem.

I'm sure I asked this before, but is everything up to date?

OpenGL is waaaay behind the directx rendered in terms of compatibility.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(01-17-2014, 01:15 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Well... then directx is your problem.

I'm sure I asked this before, but is everything up to date?

OpenGL is waaaay behind the directx rendered in terms of compatibility.

I will triple check, but i am sure its good. I'm rather clueless at the moment.

(01-17-2014, 01:24 AM)Quizblog Wrote: I will triple check, but i am sure its good. I'm rather clueless at the moment.

I have 3 monitors and two video cards. I wonder if this could be an issue.
Yes. It certainly could.

Disable or unplug all but one monitor, and disable any sli/crossfire.