Helping finding cause for short FPS drops?
I try to steer as many people away from Windows 10 as I can. That's just one of many reasons. I see a lawsuit in Microsoft's future over Windows 10.

Don't be a sucker stick with Windows 7.

Sponsored links

I know you can disable the driver updates on Pro but I'm not sure about the Home editions. Besides that Windows 10 has been nothing but a positive experience for me.
Pro versions have the group policy option. (Much like Windows 7 Home vs. Ultimate) to fully disable Windows Update.

Otherwise you can use this method too:

Quote:Open the Control Panel by right-clicking the Start button and selecting Control Panel. Navigate to System and Security > System > Advanced system settings. Click the Hardware tab, click Device Installation Settings, and select the “No, let me choose what to do option. Select “Never install driver software from Windows Update.”
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
So basically Microsoft says screw anybody on Windows 10 home edition.
Microsoft has been saying that since Windows 2000, maybe even earlier.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
I beg to differ with you a bit on that.

I just can't wait to see what happens with Microsoft under a possible Windows 10 lawsuit.
Lets not hijack this thread as well. You beg to differ with everyone about everything... we get it.
lol. Ok.
I've attempted to disable my anti-virus, no effect.
Might be worth noting that be removing the frame limit (with F4) or doubling the speed (with Tab) makes it so I don't drop to 85%. Instead I still get the small hangups, but it drops to 130% (or like, 70-something FPS) for that less than a quarter second. So I mean, that is telling me that my system can clearly handle the demand, could it be something specific with PCSX2 and the way it is handling something that makes me lose 20% power every now and then?

Again, often this happens when loading something new.