I cant use my keyboard as a controller,help?
(03-12-2010, 10:46 AM)Bositman Wrote:
Quote:its not like the ps2 is any better then a ps1

Time to embarrass you...
PS1 specs: (from wikipedia)
Code:
R3051

* MIPS R3000A-compatible 32bit RISC chip running at 33.8688 MHz
    * The chip is manufactured by LSI Logic Corp. with technology licensed from SGI.
    * Features:
          o Operating performance of 30 MIPS
          o Bus bandwidth 132 MB/s
          o 4 KB Instruction Cache
          o 1 KB non-associative SRAM Data Cache
          o 2 MB of main RAM

Geometry transformation engine (GS)

* Resides inside the main CPU chip, giving it additional vector math instructions used for 3D graphics
    * Features:
          o Operating performance of 66 MIPS
          o 360,000 flat-shaded polygons per second
          o 180,000 texture mapped and light-sourced polygons per second
    * Theoretical polygon count in optimal conditions given by Sony:
          o 1 million flat-shaded polygons per second;
          o 500,000 texture mapped and light-sourced polygons per second.

* Handles 2D graphics processing separate from the main 3D engine on the CPU
    * Features:
          o Maximum of 16.7 million colors (24-bit color depth)
          o Resolutions from 256x224 to 640x480
          o Adjustable frame buffer
          o Unlimited color lookup tables
          o Maximum of 4000 8x8 pixel sprites with individual scaling and rotation
          o Emulation of simultaneous backgrounds (for parallax scrolling)
          o Flat or Gouraud shading and texture mapping
          o 1 MB of VRAM

PS2 specs:
Code:
* CPU: 64-bit[2][3]  "Emotion Engine" clocked  at 294.912 MHz  (299 MHz on newer versions), 10.5 million transistors
          o System Memory: 32 MB Direct Rambus or RDRAM
          o Memory bus Bandwidth: 3.2 gigabytes per second
          o Main processor: MIPS R5900 CPU core, 64 bit, little endian (mipsel).
          o Coprocessor: FPU (Floating Point Multiply Accumulator × 1, Floating Point Divider × 1)
          o Vector Units: VU0 and VU1 (Floating Point Multiply Accumulator × 9, Floating Point Divider × 1), 32-bit, at 150 MHz.
                + VU0 typically used for polygon transformations optionally (under parallel or serial connection), physics and other gameplay based things
                      # Parallel performs transformations in parallel in the same moment
                      # Serial (series) performs transformations in a series of steps or stages coherent to the design of each VU
                            * Stage 1: VU0 does perspective and cam, boning, animations and movement laws per triangle
                            * Stage 2: VU1 does colors, lights and effects per triangle)
                + VU1 typically used for polygon transformations, lighting and other visual based calculations
                      # Texture matrix able for 2 units (UV/ST)[35]
          o Floating Point Performance: 6.2 gigaFLOPS (single precision 32-bit floating point)
                + FPU 0.64 gigaFLOPS
                + VU0 2.44 gigaFLOPS
                + VU1 3.08 gigaFLOPS (with Internal 0.64 gigaFLOP EFU)
          o 3D CG Geometric transformation(VU0+VU1 parallel): 66 million polygons per second
                + 3D CG Geometric transformations under curved surfaces: 16 million polygons per second
                + 3D CG Geometric transformations at peak bones/movements/effects(textures)/lights(VU0+VU1): 15-20 million polygons per second (dependent on if series or parallel T&L)
                + Actual real-world polygons (per frame):500-650k at 30fps, 250-325k at 60fps
          o Compressed Image Decoder: MPEG-2
          o I/O Processor interconnection: Remote Procedure Call over a serial link, DMA controller for bulk transfer
          o Cache memory: Instruction: 16 KB, Data: 8 KB + 16 KB (ScrP)
Graphics processing unit: "Graphics Synthesizer" clocked at 147 MHz

* Pixel pipelines: 16
    * Video output resolution: variable from 256x224 to 1280x1024 pixels
    * 4 MB Embedded DRAM video memory bandwidth at 48 gigabytes per second (main system 32 MB can be dedicated into VRAM for off-screen materials)
          o Texture buffer bandwidth: 9.6 GB/s
          o Frame buffer bandwidth: 38.4 GB/s
    * DRAM Bus width: 2560-bit (composed of three independent buses: 1024-bit write, 1024-bit read, 512-bit read/write)
    * Pixel Configuration: RGB: Alpha:Z Buffer (24:8, 15:1 for RGB, 16, 24, or 32-bit Z buffer)
    * Dedicated connection to: Main CPU and VU1
    * Overall Pixel fillrate: 16x147 = 2.352 Gpixel/s (rounded to 2.4 Gpixel/s)
          o Pixel fillrate: with no texture, flat shaded 2.4(75,000,000 32pixel raster triangles)
          o Pixel fillrate: with 1 full texture(Diffuse Map), Gouraud shaded 1.2 (37,750,000 32-bit pixel raster triangles)
          o Pixel fillrate: with 2 full textures(Diffuse map + specular or alpha or other), Gouraud shaded 0.6 (18,750,000 32-bit pixel raster triangles)
    * GS effects: AAx2 (poly sorting required)[36], Bilinear, Trilinear, Multi-pass, Palletizing (4-bit = 6:1 ratio, 8-bit = 4:1)
    * Multi-pass rendering ability
          o Four passes = 300 Mpixel/s (300 Mpixels/s divided by 32 pixels = 9,375,000 triangles/s lost every four passes)

Of course I don't expect you to understand most of that but if you want it in simple terms it's like comparing a single core (PS1) to a quad core (PS2). Light years difference.

Core 2 Duo is better for PCSX2 because 'usually' they are clocked faster than the Quad models. But if you get a quad at the same or higher Ghz than a Core 2 Duo it will naturally be better.
i5 and i7, better use google

Sorry, Bositman. But i think u are offtopic
Time to embrass u also
"Did u even read the topic??!!"
hahah, i was just kidding, anyway, it does make sense that PS1 only have that few features. But when I looked at the 2MB of Main RAM, who won't be surprised, if PS1 only need that little amount of memory.
But hey (back to topic) since the topic is this, why won't the author of this thread understand ?
SPECS:
i7-2630QM
NVIDIA GT540M
500GB SATA
4GB DDR3
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

Acer Aspire 4750G

Sponsored links

well i don't understand why ps2 needs way more specs then a ps1 when they have the same graphics.

which one is a better proscor thats one>> http://ark.intel.com/Product.aspx?id=35605 or this one >> http://www.intel.com/products/processor/...y_corei7ex

if there's processor any better please let me know.
i don't know much about computers.
also can i put that processor in my computer without having to buy a new one computer? can i also replace my graphic card?

what else is needed besides a good graphic card and a good processor?
Of course it's i7.
But your motherboad must support the L775Socket for Core2Duo and L1366 Socket for i7 Extreme (if i'm correct)
And look
(03-13-2010, 12:56 AM)Nycgirl92 Wrote: well i don't understand why ps2 needs way more specs then a ps1 when they have the same graphics.

You can't compare ps2 graphics to ps1 graphics. Did u read the wikipedia carefully ? It's stated that ps1 graph only support up to 640x480, while ps2 can support up to 1280x800 (if i'm correct). The difference is like Pentium 2 and Core2Duo
Do you get what i mean ? I'm not expecting you to understand all of them, but i just wanted u to get the simple meaning. it's like pentium II and core2duo, that's all

Other than good graphics card and good processor, u probably want HD sound.
SPECS:
i7-2630QM
NVIDIA GT540M
500GB SATA
4GB DDR3
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

Acer Aspire 4750G
(03-13-2010, 09:43 AM)ikazu Wrote: Of course it's i7.
But your motherboad must support the L775Socket for Core2Duo and L1366 Socket for i7 Extreme (if i'm correct)
And look
(03-13-2010, 12:56 AM)Nycgirl92 Wrote: well i don't understand why ps2 needs way more specs then a ps1 when they have the same graphics.

You can't compare ps2 graphics to ps1 graphics. Did u read the wikipedia carefully ? It's stated that ps1 graph only support up to 640x480, while ps2 can support up to 1280x800 (if i'm correct). The difference is like Pentium 2 and Core2Duo
Do you get what i mean ? I'm not expecting you to understand all of them, but i just wanted u to get the simple meaning. it's like pentium II and core2duo, that's all

Other than good graphics card and good processor, u probably want HD sound.

Well when i play ps1 games on my ps1 the garphic quality is the same as a ps2.

and what speakers give out HD sound?
Uh, what makes u think that ps1 graphic is same with ps2 graphic ? Since they got many difference of course. Like in Persona PSX with Persona PS2? The animation of course! And like i said, its different is like pentium II and core2duo >.<
SPECS:
i7-2630QM
NVIDIA GT540M
500GB SATA
4GB DDR3
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

Acer Aspire 4750G
(03-13-2010, 01:42 PM)ikazu Wrote: Uh, what makes u think that ps1 graphic is same with ps2 graphic ? Since they got many difference of course. Like in Persona PSX with Persona PS2? The animation of course! And like i said, its different is like pentium II and core2duo >.<

not to me..i have used a intel core duo and its the same as a quad..and i have used both game consoles ps1 and ps2 and have since no garphic improvment,
(03-13-2010, 08:36 PM)Nycgirl92 Wrote:
(03-13-2010, 01:42 PM)ikazu Wrote: Uh, what makes u think that ps1 graphic is same with ps2 graphic ? Since they got many difference of course. Like in Persona PSX with Persona PS2? The animation of course! And like i said, its different is like pentium II and core2duo >.<

not to me..i have used a intel core duo and its the same as a quad..and i have used both game consoles ps1 and ps2 and have since no garphic improvment,

You're right! It looks the same!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: newsig.jpg]
No difference.
(03-13-2010, 08:46 PM)Bositman Wrote:
(03-13-2010, 08:36 PM)Nycgirl92 Wrote:

You're right! It looks the same!

i dont know how you manged to make the ps1 image looks uglier then the ps2 image but it wasnt like that on my tv or on my computer.You probaly put low relution for ps1 settings on the emultor, but if you actually owned both consoles you would see theres is no differeance,, and used bad parghic settings for it to give it a low quality picture.

anyways can someone answers the queations below
which one is a better proscor thats one>> http://ark.intel.com/Product.aspx?id=35605 or this one >> http://www.intel.com/products/processor/...y_corei7ex

if there's processor any better please let me know.
i don't know much about computers.
also can i put that processor in my computer without having to buy a new one computer? can i also replace my graphic card?

also i tired to use a different game to see if it would run faster then the game i was trying to play and i get a black screen and the Numbers's keep increasing really fast..a picture attached to show wut it looks like.

and also i opened up a game ISO game and it come with different files i dont know which one to choose to configure

help soon!!!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Nycgirl92:
Have a warning for piracy, the screenshot shows you downloaded the game.
Also buy a completely new computer. Replacing parts yourself is only an option if you know what you're doing.