InputMapper - Now supporting more devices and plugins.
(08-17-2014, 07:57 PM)MysticHLE Wrote: Yes, in fact I tried that before your reply just now. The behavior is rather odd.

If I enable Scan Code for a key, then that button works as if it's held down, but only once. This is probably better explained if I list the steps I've done and the observed behavior.

1. Mapped D-Pad Up to the key for forward movement (e.g. "W") - with Scan Code enabled
2. Click on Save Profile
3. Restart Guild Wars 2
4. Press D-Pad Up once in-game

Observed behavior is that my character will run forward continuously, as if W is held down. However, this will only happen once.

By that, I mean that if I have all 4 D-Pad buttons mapped with Scan Code enabled (to W S A D - my 4 basic movement controls), then the observed behavior is that my character will run forward continuously if I press D-pad up (W) once, then walk backwards continuously if I press D-pad down (S) once, then rotate left continuously if I press D-pad left (A) once, and rotate right continuously if I press D-pad right (D) once. After this, all inputs from D-pad will cease to work, and my character would be left in a continuous movement state determined by the last-pressed button.

However, if I change focus to the in-game chat-box (by clicking on the text-input field), then my character will stop moving, and the buttons will register inside the text-box as normal.

And you said that macros didn't work for you?
[Image: LogoBusiness3.png]
IM 2 Beta now supporting plugins and even more devices.

Website | Forum | Donate $2 and remove ads from the tool

Sponsored links

(08-17-2014, 08:02 PM)jhebbel Wrote: And you said that macros didn't work for you?

I'm not sure how it works/how to set it up to test.

Edit: Watched your tutorial on macros just now - will try something...

Edit 2: Okay, tested with macro...doesn't seem to work - at least with the setup I'm trying now. Here's what I did:

1. Using the Macro Builder, I created a new macro named "Up," with only a single keyboard key set to "W" for Press and Release, and Wait for release - saved it.
2. Went to my controller profile (D-Pad Up is unmapped), under Macros tab, I created one for DpadUp trigger mapping to the "Up" macro created in step 1. Clicked on Save Profile.
3. Restart Guild Wars 2.

When I press D-Pad Up, nothing seems to happen as far as character control is concerned. However, as before, if I focus on the text-box, then I see "W" being typed when I press D-Pad Up.
(08-17-2014, 08:07 PM)MysticHLE Wrote: I'm not sure how it works/how to set it up to test.

Edit: Watched your tutorial on macros just now - will try something...

Edit 2: Okay, tested with macro...doesn't seem to work - at least with the setup I'm trying now. Here's what I did:

1. Using the Macro Builder, I created a new macro named "Up," with only a single keyboard key set to "W" for Press and Release, and Wait for release - saved it.
2. Went to my controller profile (D-Pad Up is unmapped), under Macros tab, I created one for DpadUp trigger mapping to the "Up" macro created in step 1. Clicked on Save Profile.
3. Restart Guild Wars 2.

When I press D-Pad Up, nothing seems to happen as far as character control is concerned. However, as before, if I focus on the text-box, then I see "W" being typed when I press D-Pad Up.

I believe what you need to do with the macros is, (button press-wait for release-button release). This way it will stay pressed until you release the button.
(08-17-2014, 06:49 PM)jhebbel Wrote: In theory this may actually be doable make a macro for the normal button action as you would expect, then create another macro with a 1s or 2s pause at the start followed by the command for held in a loop. In theory a quick press should dump out of the second macro before it has a chance to get to the actual command part while a hold will run the entire command. Only downside is the macro for the quick press will also fire, I think this is unavoidable.

A good use for something like this would be for cycling weapons or switch between crouch-prone-stand as an example, where in game requires pressing different keys. It would save having to use several different buttons on the controller or combinations of macro trigger commands.
(08-17-2014, 09:11 PM)Wirenut48 Wrote: A good use for something like this would be for cycling weapons or switch between crouch-prone-stand as an example, where in game requires pressing different keys. It would save having to use several different buttons on the controller or combinations of macro trigger commands.

I will also be adding macro toggles in the future.

In the old DS4 Tool it was possible to reassign the touchpad as a button if you weren't using it as a trackpad. Even pressing the top of the touchpad would register as a different input from a regular front press and could be separately assigned. Seems like this is no longer possible. Any chance this could be added to DS4 Windows?

Edit: Just discovered J2K's GUI version of electrobrains' fork still has this option.
First of all I have to say that I really love this software, especialy theses many configuration options. But anyway I'm encountering some problems which keep me from donating...

First of all I have to exit DS4Windows manually before I can shut down windows. When I try to shut down Windows with DS4Windows still running, the shutdown process is waiting until the tool will close, which is not happening.

I'm using Windows 7 (64-Bit) with the classic gray theme (like XP) but the visual style of DS4Windows stays in this strange Windows 8 look. I don't think that there'll be a change if I would use the "modern" Windows 7 UI (Aero), will it? I also think that the change to a slim design would increse the perfomance a bit!

A nice feature for the configuration of the thumbstick axis (see attatchment) would be a field to actually test the new input configuration within this view.

As you can see some graphics are displayed not correct. Maybe this is fixed when changing to the normal windows theme?!

So far, keep up the great work Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(08-19-2014, 11:33 AM)Aleksandr Wrote: In the old DS4 Tool it was possible to reassign the touchpad as a button if you weren't using it as a trackpad. Even pressing the top of the touchpad would register as a different input from a regular front press and could be separately assigned. Seems like this is no longer possible. Any chance this could be added to DS4 Windows?

Edit: Just discovered J2K's GUI version of electrobrains' fork still has this option.
Its covered in the macro options

(08-19-2014, 09:28 PM)Orikson Wrote: First of all I have to say that I really love this software, especialy theses many configuration options. But anyway I'm encountering some problems which keep me from donating...

First of all I have to exit DS4Windows manually before I can shut down windows. When I try to shut down Windows with DS4Windows still running, the shutdown process is waiting until the tool will close, which is not happening.

I'm using Windows 7 (64-Bit) with the classic gray theme (like XP) but the visual style of DS4Windows stays in this strange Windows 8 look. I don't think that there'll be a change if I would use the "modern" Windows 7 UI (Aero), will it? I also think that the change to a slim design would increse the perfomance a bit!

A nice feature for the configuration of the thumbstick axis (see attatchment) would be a field to actually test the new input configuration within this view.

As you can see some graphics are displayed not correct. Maybe this is fixed when changing to the normal windows theme?!

So far, keep up the great work Smile
Some of your concerns are being addressed in the 1.5 version which is pretty much a ground up re-code, see the alpha versions in previous posts to check it out. Currently in the middle of some slow moving parts of the recode such as redoing the button mapping code and the macro code.

Great tool! DS4 = best pc gamepad. This has helped me forget we probably won't see an official steam controller any time soon.

I am having some crashing issues, but holding off troubleshooting until 1.5 is released... It's there an eta?
(08-19-2014, 09:33 PM)jhebbel Wrote: Some of your concerns are being addressed in the 1.5 version which is pretty much a ground up re-code, see the alpha versions in previous posts to check it out. Currently in the middle of some slow moving parts of the recode such as redoing the button mapping code and the macro code.

Glad to hear that, so I donated some bucks and tried 1.5. As it's still a alpha I guess it's normal, that the "Tool" menu is not yet working?

But still there is this (in my eyes) ugly and slow design. Why not use the usual windows design, so you even could get rid of the "minimize to tray" and "quit" menu when hovering the X for closing the tool.

Also some buttons (eg. button configuration) and linkings seem to be missing which is - I guess - because it's an alpha. Looking forward Wink