InputMapper - Now supporting more devices and plugins.
(08-17-2014, 06:49 AM)qzrrts Wrote: Thanks for creating this awesome piece of software. I am trying to create a profile for a non-controller supported game but once I map any mouse control other than mouse up the cursor continues to move in the joystick specified motion, even when there is nothing touching the joystick. The motion will not stop until a key that is not a mouse direction is pressed like the letter q. Any suggestions on fixing this issue? Thanks.

Probably going to have to add a small amount of deadzone, the play in the stick is not returning to exact center. A radial deadzone would be nice for this.

Sponsored links

That worked perfectly! Thanks.
One last question. In creating your own profile, is there a way to bind two different commands to a button? For example, pressing the L1 button would be the number 1, while holding the L1 button would be the Left Shift button? Thanks.
(08-16-2014, 01:42 PM)jhebbel Wrote: Sixaxis Gyro and Accelerometer mapping will be in the next release, its kinda gimmicky and after playing some "Next Car Game" this morning using it, I can't really imagine who would want to really use it, but it has been requested a couple times so it'll be added.

Hi, I wanna really thank you for creating such an easy to use and nice program! Smile

As far as Sixaxis Gyro and Accelerometer mapping goes...I definitely will use it!

I currently use my DS3 with MIJ + Joy2Key, and have the Sixaxis Gyro and Accelerometer mapped to keyboard keys for strafing movements in Guild Wars 2. It's definitely not easy to control since there is a deadzone threshold on the tilts before the strafes register, but it actually works quite well when combined simultaneously with WSAD movements - something that would require a lot more dexterity to achieve if played on the keyboard and mouse... Tongue

I would love to be able to ditch MIJ once and for all and move onto a DS4!

However, I'm currently running into a problem where the controller buttons don't work as game controls while in the game (Guild Wars 2). The twist though, is that they do work inside a chat-box while in the game (if I have my DS4 D-pad mapped to "W," "S," "A," and "D," then "wsad" will be typed out when I press the D-pad buttons with the chat-box in focus) - but the controls will never register to actually move my character! The touchpad and mouse clicks work just fine everywhere.

I believe this is similar to the problem esareias posted about earlier, except I didn't understand your proposed solution with macros. Is this something that may be addressed in an upcoming release?
(08-17-2014, 10:43 AM)MysticHLE Wrote: Hi, I wanna really thank you for creating such an easy to use and nice program! Smile

As far as Sixaxis Gyro and Accelerometer mapping goes...I definitely will use it!

I currently use my DS3 with MIJ + Joy2Key, and have the Sixaxis Gyro and Accelerometer mapped to keyboard keys for strafing movements in Guild Wars 2. It's definitely not easy to control since there is a deadzone threshold on the tilts before the strafes register, but it actually works quite well when combined simultaneously with WSAD movements - something that would require a lot more dexterity to achieve if played on the keyboard and mouse... Tongue

I would love to be able to ditch MIJ once and for all and move onto a DS4!

However, I'm currently running into a problem where the controller buttons don't work as game controls while in the game (Guild Wars 2). The twist though, is that they do work inside a chat-box while in the game (if I have my DS4 D-pad mapped to "W," "S," "A," and "D," then "wsad" will be typed out when I press the D-pad buttons with the chat-box in focus) - but the controls will never register to actually move my character! The touchpad and mouse clicks work just fine everywhere.

I believe this is similar to the problem esareias posted about earlier, except I didn't understand your proposed solution with macros. Is this something that may be addressed in an upcoming release?

Is the game run as elevated/or administrator? if so bindings wont work unless you also elevate or run as admin the DS4 tool.
[Image: LogoBusiness3.png]
IM 2 Beta now supporting plugins and even more devices.

Website | Forum | Donate $2 and remove ads from the tool
(08-17-2014, 10:17 AM)qzrrts Wrote: One last question. In creating your own profile, is there a way to bind two different commands to a button? For example, pressing the L1 button would be the number 1, while holding the L1 button would be the Left Shift button? Thanks.

Not at this time, hopefully we will get a macro toggle feature like "wait for button press" where we can cycle commands with a single3 button. What I had done on one of my profiles that I didn't have enough free buttons to map was to use just one like L1 just as a macro trigger. This way you could assign 2 different commands to a single button, when combining with L1 as a second command.
(08-17-2014, 06:34 PM)Wirenut48 Wrote: Not at this time, hopefully we will get a macro toggle feature like "wait for button press" where we can cycle commands with a single3 button. What I had done on one of my profiles that I didn't have enough free buttons to map was to use just one like L1 just as a macro trigger. This way you could assign 2 different commands to a single button, when combining with L1 as a second command.

In theory this may actually be doable make a macro for the normal button action as you would expect, then create another macro with a 1s or 2s pause at the start followed by the command for held in a loop. In theory a quick press should dump out of the second macro before it has a chance to get to the actual command part while a hold will run the entire command. Only downside is the macro for the quick press will also fire, I think this is unavoidable.

(08-17-2014, 02:17 PM)jhebbel Wrote: Is the game run as elevated/or administrator? if so bindings wont work unless you also elevate or run as admin the DS4 tool.

No, it isn't. However, I have tried running:

1. Guild Wars 2 and DS4Tools as administrator
2. Guild Wars 2 as non-administrator and DS4Tools as administrator
3. Guild Wars 2 and DS4Tools as non-administrator

All 3 had the same outcome. Again, what's weird is that the in-game chat box does seem to register if I try to "type" using the controller buttons - but not the in-game controls to my actual character.

This is on Windows 7 btw.
(08-17-2014, 07:27 PM)MysticHLE Wrote: No it isn't. I have tried running:

1. Both Guild Wars 2 and DS4Tools as administrator
2. Guild Wars 2 as non-administrator and DS4Tools as administrator
3. Guild Wars 2 and DS4Tools as non-administrator

All 3 had the same outcome. Again, what's weird is that the in-game chat box does does seem to register if I try to "type" using the controller buttons - but not the in-game controls to my actual character.

Have you tried both using and not using scancode option when mapping?

(08-17-2014, 07:28 PM)jhebbel Wrote: Have you tried both using and not using scancode option when mapping?

Yes, in fact I tried that before your reply just now. The behavior is rather odd.

If I enable Scan Code for a key, then that button works as if it's held down, but only once. This is probably better explained if I list the steps I've done and the observed behavior.

1. Mapped D-Pad Up to the key for forward movement (e.g. "W") - with Scan Code enabled
2. Click on Save Profile
3. Restart Guild Wars 2
4. Press D-Pad Up once in-game

Observed behavior is that my character will run forward continuously, as if W is held down. However, this will only happen once.

By that, I mean that if I have all 4 D-Pad buttons mapped with Scan Code enabled (to W S A D - my 4 basic movement controls), then the observed behavior is that my character will run forward continuously if I press D-pad up (W) once, then walk backwards continuously if I press D-pad down (S) once, then rotate left continuously if I press D-pad left (A) once, and rotate right continuously if I press D-pad right (D) once. After this, all inputs from D-pad will cease to work, and my character would be left in a continuous movement state determined by the last-pressed button.

Furthermore, if I now change focus to the in-game chat-box (by clicking on the text-input field), then my character will stop moving, and the buttons will register inside the text-box as normal. If I now defocus the chat-box (by clicking outside of it), the D-Pad controls will no longer do anything as far as controlling my character.