InputMapper - Now supporting more devices and plugins.
First of all, I want to thank the creators of this awesome piece of software, for making the ability to use our PS Controllers on the PC. You and anyone who has assisted in building this software, are awesome. When I have some extra money in my pocket, I will absolutely be donating. Ill be getting a second job soon so hopefully sooner than later.

I have used quite a few versions of the DS4 so far, with the last version being version 1.3. When I upgraded to version 1.4.4, I have been having profile issues. Even though I created a profile, and pressed the save button, the program acknowledges that the profile has been created, but is ignoring the profile completely. I apologize in advance for the large amount of content below. I'm just reaching out after searching google and for forums for an answer and coming up with nothing.

-Under the default "controllers" screen, it says the name of my created profile, (with green being full and red being empty), yet the light continues to rainbow.

-When I create a new profile, or modify my current profile and I press save, It doesn't close out of the profile editing screen and bring me back to the profiles overview screen. I don't know if its supposed to stay open after you click save, but it gives no acknowledgement of the profile being saved. The custom name of the profile does shows up though when selecting profiles.

-When my controller is detected or plugged in, the "Controllers" screen reports that the profile is my custom profile, yet the windows tray on the bottom right of the screen reports "Controller 0 is using Profile "bla bla custom profile bla bla" or says "Controller 0 is using Profile "Auto sense". Yet the only controller numbers on the "Controllers" screen reports controllers 1-4 with my controller being correctly recognized under "Controller 1"

-Under settings, I set my custom profile to "Use this profile as default when no assigned profile is found:", yet the profile doesn't seem to be imbedding into the controller.

-I even went as far to link the profile to a specific game, or just steam in general, but its not taking.

Sponsored links

(06-08-2014, 10:47 PM)NJBlows Wrote: First of all, I want to thank the creators of this awesome piece of software, for making the ability to use our PS Controllers on the PC. You and anyone who has assisted in building this software, are awesome. When I have some extra money in my pocket, I will absolutely be donating. Ill be getting a second job soon so hopefully sooner than later.

I have used quite a few versions of the DS4 so far, with the last version being version 1.3. When I upgraded to version 1.4.4, I have been having profile issues. Even though I created a profile, and pressed the save button, the program acknowledges that the profile has been created, but is ignoring the profile completely. I apologize in advance for the large amount of content below. I'm just reaching out after searching google and for forums for an answer and coming up with nothing.

-Under the default "controllers" screen, it says the name of my created profile, (with green being full and red being empty), yet the light continues to rainbow.

-When I create a new profile, or modify my current profile and I press save, It doesn't close out of the profile editing screen and bring me back to the profiles overview screen. I don't know if its supposed to stay open after you click save, but it gives no acknowledgement of the profile being saved. The custom name of the profile does shows up though when selecting profiles.

-When my controller is detected or plugged in, the "Controllers" screen reports that the profile is my custom profile, yet the windows tray on the bottom right of the screen reports "Controller 0 is using Profile "bla bla custom profile bla bla" or says "Controller 0 is using Profile "Auto sense". Yet the only controller numbers on the "Controllers" screen reports controllers 1-4 with my controller being correctly recognized under "Controller 1"

-Under settings, I set my custom profile to "Use this profile as default when no assigned profile is found:", yet the profile doesn't seem to be imbedding into the controller.

-I even went as far to link the profile to a specific game, or just steam in general, but its not taking.

Is the controller plugged in to USB whilst you are getting this rainbow?
[Image: LogoBusiness3.png]
IM 2 Beta now supporting plugins and even more devices.

Website | Forum | Donate $2 and remove ads from the tool
Hi there,

I've been trying to read up on these forums about how to fix my problems, after scouring the forums a bit I come upon this thread and I think my questions are best laid here.

Yesterday I bought a PS4 controller and am wanting to play games on the PC, so I googled "PS4 controller PC" and follow some steps some people posted in Feb.
This one first: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gMltAE6BQc
this second: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2429965,00.asp
That last one sort of led me here, after trying out older versions, I finally get to the 1.4.4 with the EXE installer.

I'm not getting any signs of life from the PS4 controller, except in the Device and printers window I see "Unspecified wireless controller", also sometimes the LED on the controller blinks red.

I'm at a loss, I feel like installing all these random old drivers are screwing with getting this thing to work. What do I do? :-(

I'm running it Wired via Micro USB, not BT.
Windows 8.1 64bit
Intel i5-4670 3.4ghz
8gb ram

Thanks for your help on this, I really don't want to return this controller. Tongue2 I thought I was more tech savy than this. haha
(06-08-2014, 11:30 PM)JackDeth Wrote: Hi there,

I've been trying to read up on these forums about how to fix my problems, after scouring the forums a bit I come upon this thread and I think my questions are best laid here.

Yesterday I bought a PS4 controller and am wanting to play games on the PC, so I googled "PS4 controller PC" and follow some steps some people posted in Feb.
This one first: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gMltAE6BQc
this second: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2429965,00.asp
That last one sort of led me here, after trying out older versions, I finally get to the 1.4.4 with the EXE installer.

I'm not getting any signs of life from the PS4 controller, except in the Device and printers window I see "Unspecified wireless controller", also sometimes the LED on the controller blinks red.

I'm at a loss, I feel like installing all these random old drivers are screwing with getting this thing to work. What do I do? :-(

I'm running it Wired via Micro USB, not BT.
Windows 8.1 64bit
Intel i5-4670 3.4ghz
8gb ram

Thanks for your help on this, I really don't want to return this controller. Tongue2 I thought I was more tech savy than this. haha

If your getting a unspecified controller in your device list the handshake and install of the basic controller drivers did not happen correctly, In your device manager goto the device and click "Uninstall/Remove device". then unplug and re plug the USB. If it still says this right click the device and goto properties then the Hardware tab, then take a screen grab of this and post it here. If it is visible select USB Input Device then click properties again then take a screengrab of the general tab and the drivers tab.

I had the controller plugged in at the time, I wanted to make sure everything worked plugged in before I went Bluetooth. As of right now, I reverted back to 1.3 until I can get an answer, update or figure it out.
(06-09-2014, 01:06 AM)NJBlows Wrote: I had the controller plugged in at the time, I wanted to make sure everything worked plugged in before I went Bluetooth. As of right now, I reverted back to 1.3 until I can get an answer, update or figure it out.

Then the rainbow means it was charging, at present the lightbar colors only take effect when on battery power, so it sounds like it was working just fine.

I understand what your saying, but in game, it won't revert to the green/red battery colors. Even if I link steam or a specific game to the profile. Its like the software says "hey, i see your profile, nice profile, but we are going to completely ignore the profile you created and keep it rainbow, regardless of the games you linked it to or setting it as the default profile.".
(06-09-2014, 02:00 AM)NJBlows Wrote: I understand what your saying, but in game, it won't revert to the green/red battery colors. Even if I link steam or a specific game to the profile. Its like the software says "hey, i see your profile, nice profile, but we are going to completely ignore the profile you created and keep it rainbow, regardless of the games you linked it to or setting it as the default profile.".
Correct, because it is still plugged in, at present the default LED indicator for charging is the rainbow. but otherwise if the program says it switched profile then it really did.

(06-09-2014, 02:04 AM)jhebbel Wrote: Correct, because it is still plugged in, at present the default LED indicator for charging is the rainbow. but otherwise if the program says it switched profile then it really did.

Oh, ok. So for the prior variants of the program, where my battery was low while gaming over Bluetooth, I could visually see it (as you're saying works right now). But if I was charging my controller while gaming, not only do I have a constantly changing and very distracting (especially in a dark room) rainbow coming out of my controller, but I can no longer visually see when the controller is fully charged and I can unplug my controller and use it over Bluetooth again. Seems legit.

So if I want see the status of the controller charging on my desk, weather it be I'm screwing around on Reddit or I walk by the room to see its green again, I am currently not allowed to visually see the status of the battery life status. Where in previous versions, the user could define whatever rules he wanted for his controller, its now currently locked into rainbow while charging.

I just don't understand it.
(06-09-2014, 02:17 AM)NJBlows Wrote: Oh, ok. So for the prior variants of the program, where my battery was low while gaming over Bluetooth, I could visually see it (as you're saying works right now). But if I was charging my controller while gaming, not only do I have a constantly changing and very distracting (especially in a dark room) rainbow coming out of my controller, but I can no longer visually see when the controller is fully charged and I can unplug my controller and use it over Bluetooth again. Seems legit.

So if I want see the status of the controller charging on my desk, weather it be I'm screwing around on Reddit or I walk by the room to see its green again, I am currently not allowed to visually see the status of the battery life status. Where in previous versions, the user could define whatever rules he wanted for his controller, its now currently locked into rainbow while charging.

I just don't understand it.

1) This is a fork from a previous branch that did it this way, I do have plans to change it but I have a life outside of this free development 2) its open source, feel free to make your own changes 3) Nobody is forcing you to use the program, don't like it? then don't use it. Not like I'm making a profit here.