Is my next to be laptop good enough for PCSX2?
(01-04-2014, 04:07 PM)metalmallow Wrote: That's a desktop CPU clocked higher than most mobile ones.

You can't compare clockspeed between mobile and desktop CPU's.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]

Sponsored links

Sorry i thought since it was basically the exact same question it was the correct place. And yea its a desktop replacement laptop. A fat ass 1 that's heavy and eats all the power lol. And space isint an issue for me. I have a decent collection of externals I've built up over the years.
Sorry to bother again.

The GPU of the laptop in question wasn´t a 720M, but a 740 M, all the other specs are the same though(well, the CPU is an I5 actually but it has more GHZ). I´m kinda in a doubt wherether to install PCSX2 or not, i don´t want to play a lot of games just really some, like WWE series, some F1 and some nba and soccer games, but don´t know if it will run well to bother time to search for all them in basement.
i didnt understand it clearly. why r u in doudt whether to install pcsx2 or not if u have the laptop or u dont have it and want to know if it runs well or not?
[Image: lhljdGn.png]
My Steam Profile
Intel i7 8086k @ 4.0 ghz | Nvidia Gtx 980ti 6GB | Corsair Vengence pro 16gb DDR4 | WD Blue 1tb + Black 2tb hdd | Samsung 850 Evo 250gb SSD | Windows 10 pro

I really want to know if in those games it runs well before making a decision whether to install it, and go search for the games in the basement. If they don´t run well, there´s no need to search for them.
why dont you try to play the game? installing pcsx2 is not a problem. it is free. just dwnld and try the games yourself.
My Steam Profile
Intel i7 8086k @ 4.0 ghz | Nvidia Gtx 980ti 6GB | Corsair Vengence pro 16gb DDR4 | WD Blue 1tb + Black 2tb hdd | Samsung 850 Evo 250gb SSD | Windows 10 pro

GT720 is weak,it is better to buy GT750 or above.....
indeed. and also he is talking about laptops which uses the mobile version. a gt 740m is weaker than its desktop counterpart gt 740.
the version also matters. gddr5 is a must for today's pc gaming. ddr3 is not much good anymore.
the memory bandwidth matters too.
My Steam Profile

Well guys,cgar & PedroPM,as far as I know for now,there is no GOOD GAMING on notebooks if you dont have Dell XPS,Alienware,Acer Gemstone,Asus G1 and such crazy s***,so forget about playing on portable PCs and get some HC Desktop thing... Wink
Well, my Laptop is actually good for all the pc games i play. I can run them on max or close to it really.