Jak And Daxter The Lost Frontier isn't working because...
when i use the xpert buttens 1 and 2 i get an file that looks something like this:    0ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ¥   € Ù
 #
Ù
 #
Ù
 #
 DVD-ROM GENERATOR ¸ „   Ò §4 æ  „   4  *UDF FreeEASpace  a   8  *UDF DVD CGMS Info  I  ß³   c–,ç    0ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ¥   @ Ù
 #
Ù
 #
Ù
 #
 DVD-ROM GENERATOR ¹ „   Ó §4 ç  „   4  *UDF FreeEASpace  a   8  *UDF DVD CGMS Info  I  _´  Ù 2Š,è    0ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ¥ : in a text file, this was my intial discovery but then i mounted the file and got
that nice clean verison that you posted not accounting for all the space that is. this is my dilama. when xpert unpacks
the file it must convert it to some sort of code or something.
[Image: naruto657.png]

Sponsored links

Xpert don't convert anything,it's just creates folder with the iso name.
If the iso is named Jak,it will create a folder named "@JAK.ISO" and extract the files from the iso the same way as if mount the image and copy=>paste the files into that folder.
When you click on 3,it creates UDF image and put all of the files by the lba order taken from the LST file.And the 4 button fixes the LBA table,making it with the same LBA as the original image.

Maybe you are doing something wrong or your image is damaged...try recreating it but this time use ImgBurn.

Xpert don't modify the game files in any way.
on a side note i can't seem to find r2232, plewcio wrote:where can i download rev2232 ??!!??

kk i found it just had to write r not rev
2 link in google if someone else serching :: r2232 seems to not exist, not on pcsx2 .net anyway. i currently have R3113 (0.9.7)
as well as the much more stable version 0.9.6 and i wonder if it been fixed illegibly since r2232. one other thine i have to close
xpert and re open it every time i do a fuction IE: press 1 close program press 2 and so on... i was just wondering if this is normal

*edit also when i go to the loading screen the pcsx2 logger window which almost always shows what went wrong doesn't say a thing
The last time I tried the game(after rebuilding it)was on one of those versions...r1504,1888 or r2186 and it was working just fine.

And why did you close the program after pressing one.
All of the buttons are necessary to be pressed one after another without closing the program because every button is depending on the previous one.

1 is extracting the lba table,2 is using that table to extract the files,3 is using 1 to put the files into new disk and 2(the extracted files) and 4 is using 1 to rebuild the lba.

Also I don't remember with version I posted of Xpert but there is one version that gives you error or something like that if you don't choose "sTrumpet1.wav" from Sound Option...and also make sure the image is not used by any other program(mounted for example)
yeah, all im doing is i open xpert, select ps2 |psp umd iso shrinker.iso select the image and then when i press 1 and it
finishes i can't click any other buttons. they all go back to being gray and i have to restart the program to make it work.

*edit do you have xfire
**edit wow you were right naturally, i had to select that trumpet thing
(06-25-2010, 06:59 PM)naruto657 Wrote: **edit wow you were right naturally, i had to select that trumpet thing

Yes,that's the problem I was talking about...if you don't choose the trumpet,you wont be able to do the rebuilding
Information 
ok ok, so xpert is working right now. i did that extract thing editi'ed the system .cnf file now all i need to do is find an pcsx2
that will run it as 0.9.6 and 0.9.7 (r3113) won't run it.
(12-26-2009, 06:30 PM)plewcio Wrote: lol i downladed this r2232 version and everything is fine Smile but there is a minor problem Tongue
every game runs too fast. ther is no option to decres F rate to 60 per sec.
ehhh ill wait a litle longer. till then ill play this game on my ps2 Smile)
i gonna try and find r2232 as it's reported to run this game.
*edit
i found this: http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/source/br...232&r=2232
but i don't know what to do with it.
To Vsub's xpert instructions:

i dont understand what im doing wrong. i load up the iso i borrowed from the Pbay, my jak and daxter lost frontier. i use ps2 cd or whatever it is you listed. i hit button one. i can not use any of the other tools/buttons now. and in my folder with the iso are files from the game. help?
(06-25-2010, 06:59 PM)naruto657 Wrote: yeah, all im doing is i open xpert, select ps2 |psp umd iso shrinker.iso select the image and then when i press 1 and it
finishes i can't click any other buttons. they all go back to being gray and i have to restart the program to make it work.

*edit do you have xfire
nuff said

(06-25-2010, 08:37 PM)vsub Wrote:
(06-25-2010, 06:59 PM)naruto657 Wrote: **edit wow you were right naturally, i had to select that trumpet thing

Yes,that's the problem I was talking about...if you don't choose the trumpet,you wont be able to do the rebuilding

(07-06-2010, 11:50 PM)syckobot Wrote: To Vsub's xpert instructions:

i dont understand what im doing wrong. i load up the iso i borrowed from the Pbay, my jak and daxter lost frontier. i use ps2 cd or whatever it is you listed. i hit button one. i can not use any of the other tools/buttons now. and in my folder with the iso are files from the game. help?
(07-07-2010, 02:19 AM)naruto657 Wrote:
(06-25-2010, 06:59 PM)naruto657 Wrote: yeah, all im doing is i open xpert, select ps2 |psp umd iso shrinker.iso select the image and then when i press 1 and it

*edit do you have xfire
nuff said

(06-25-2010, 08:37 PM)vsub Wrote:

(07-06-2010, 11:50 PM)syckobot Wrote: To Vsub's xpert instructions:

Oh TRUE that. THANK YOU i didnt notice reading through posts. its the SOUND file. just one thing, where is SYSTEM.CNF