Poll: Which?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Laptop
47.06%
8 47.06%
Desktop
52.94%
9 52.94%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Laptops and Pcsx2
(03-25-2012, 04:23 AM)StriFe79 Wrote: I never heard of the brand Clevo. I don't even think they have it here in Europe or atleast Western Europe Smile
never heard of it either, and im American, but apparently it's an old company dedicated to making Laptops http://www.clevo.com.tw/en/about/overview.asp

Signature purposefully left blank.

Sponsored links

I recently also had to purchase a laptop I went with a custom build through ibuypower it was more expensive than my Desktop for just about the ~same~ maybe a little less raw power than my desktop can put out but I bought it for the same reason Chik'Tikka has a laptop. I can't always be at home and I like to game while I am waiting around on a job site electricians sit around a lot when builders call you in and haven't actually even finished their work so I do in fact sit around a lot and play on it. Desktop vs Laptop to me is more of if you're out a lot getting a decent laptop is worth it but you get what you pay for so if something doesn't work the way you expect it to you can't complain. Personally I love my laptop except when it burns me from being kinda hot...
[Image: emja0x-6.png]
A laptop offers something a desktop cannot.
It's just that simple.

Go back 2+ years,
and most any laptop stood little chance of emulating the average PS2 game.

At this point in time,
even the more typical mobile Core i7 processor would beat out any non-Core i desktop.
And the i5 aren't far behind.

Top that off with GPU standards on a steady rise,
with worthy IGP afoot,
and you can soon expect even the most standard of laptops to stand chance at PS2 emulation.

Most people shouldn't need to be told the desktop couter-parts are obviously sure to exceed, though.
Power doesnt always equate to performance
My laptop can play skyrin on ultra high with HD res texture`s, And while there are plenty more Powerful desktops out there, how do they utilize that power? Power is only measured by performance, and that benchmark is set by the games available. Currently technology is far ahead of Games Requirements, which is good for future proofing but wasted in terms of greater Game performance.
My laptop plays any game currently available and usually with the highest setting on, So Performance wise i Do compare it to a desktop, it also has the benefits of mobility. And Pcsx2 works at Full speed with All the games i own.
Imagine you bought a car that can do 320km per hour but your stuck doing the speed limit. Well Games still have in my opinion a low speed limit in comparison to current technology , And for me a Super Computer desktop is just not needed yet.
I hope that answers some of your question Smile
Msi GF-62VR
Intel  core i7 7700hq @2.8(3.5ghz turbo) Nvidia 6gig GTX1060 16 gigs DDr5   windows 10
*base 64 images don't work here - ref*
And an equally priced desktop would be able to play those games on 3 monitor setup with highest setting. So yeah.
omnikam, true a Laptop/notebook has the biggest advantage of being mobile, BUT you always must keep your charger with you, especially if you play a game on the highest setting. Only reason why I would want a Laptop/notebook is to watch anime or something else when I'm laying in bed. I don't go to sleep directly always Smile
StriFe79 in the case of watching shows in bed I turn to my tablet beats lugging around a laptop and trying to find a comfortable spot for the laptop. tablet doesnt have the keyboard to worry about.
@StriFe79 Thats true, although the laptop i have is still preforms quite well running on battery. I suppose it just comes down to function and personal preference. I dont think laptops perform better than any decent desktops by any means, but i personally prefer my laptop. When i stay at friends ill set it up beside the bed and watch a movie , plus i like my room to be very Zen, and the laptop takes up very little space.
Im guessing this isnt a competition on who has the best spec`s? desktop for you laptop for me, it all good
Msi GF-62VR
Intel  core i7 7700hq @2.8(3.5ghz turbo) Nvidia 6gig GTX1060 16 gigs DDr5   windows 10
*base 64 images don't work here - ref*
about having a tablet that's true Topken, but a tablet has one gigantic flaw or actually Android has one. And that's still no Full Version out of Adobe Flash Player for 2.2 Froyo. Only one that works is the 10.1 Evaluation Version that comes already pre-installed on my tablet and that one is unstable as hell. But atleast that'll be history when the masses gonna use HTML5, since Flash is embedded into it.

Small tip for those that use the Laptop/Notebook at home and got it on the charger. If your Laptop/Notebook can work without a battery, put it in your fridge. It'll make the battery to refrain from getting lazy or in other words that u need to recharge it more often. Btw this little tip/trick only works on Lithium-Ion Batteries Smile
I have no issues with flash on my Nook Tablet running CM7 or with the stock B&N mutilated version of android 2.3 and the nooks is quite cheap at only $250 for the 16gb version with 1gb of ram. I am even able to trick sites like hulu so that they work on the tablet. I dont have a hulu plus account.

Not sure which tablets are still running 2.2 to be honest most are running 2.3+ up to ICS