LilyPad 0.10.0
Re

It's not an Pcsx2 issue, because all others plugins works in this particular case.
Only LilyPad breaks Sad

Thanks you for your response.
Regards,
Xéfir Destiny

Sponsored links

(06-06-2010, 07:34 PM)Jazzerman Wrote: I am also trying to play metal gear solid 3 and was hoping for some help with these analogue buttons, I have been searching for a fix for ages, and when I read that you are able to bind these to axis to successfully emulate the ds2 buttons, and I have been trying to work this out myself but have so far been unsuccessful.

As you know when you push the button in you should get your weapon out ready to fire (assuming you have a pistol), then if you release it quickly you fire a round, and if you release it slowly you will put the weapon to your side and not fire.

I am thinking that this config being game dependent is actually impossible at the moment? If not, please can someone help me out.

I am using an official PS2 controller and the software for the adapter I have actually allows me to set some buttons to an analogue input, so my button can be set to slider+, slider, or slider-, or obviously a combination of them all, but I have no idea where to start with this and have been hoping to play this game on my pc for years now, and only recently has it seemed possible to achieve.
Although it's possible to finish MGS2/3 without those with PCSX2 (I did 1st time around, e.g. to put the weapon out one can tap R2 and then again to re-equip it), I also tried to use LilyPad to use sensitivity, but only with partial success.

I'm using a gamepad (see sig) but I tried to assign few KB keys to low-sensitivity presses. I assigned numpad 4-5-6-8 to square/X/O/triangle with low sensitivity.

Square works (sensitivity at 0.045): I press the real square on the gamepad -> weapon aimed, then I press the low-sensitivity square on the KB and depress the one on the gamepad -> weapon is put away, as in releasing the square slowly.

I didn't manage to do the same with circle (strangle/hold on MGS3). at sensitivity 0.02 it just doesn't respond, and with the next notch it would just CQC.

Just my 2c..

If someone finds a better way (even if not practical, just for the sake of completeness) to use LilyPad to fully emulate the controls for MGS3, please share it..
hi, it will be possible to have full g25 support to play with the emu?? i cant configure lilypad to work with my g25 Wacko, it was an supported ps2 wheel. I got problems with the axis the pedals doesnt work when i assign them to right analog up and down, and wheel behaves weird Wacko. thanks in advance!!
As far as I know, I support every single DirectInput control type. No idea what issue you're running into.
i can play with it but the axis support is very bad the steering behaves strange as well as the pedals i cant configure it well. The other issue is the lack of ffb support for wheels only rumble.Maybe i´ll have to wait till a usb plugin surfaces then it will recognize my g25 pc as a ps2 g25. Anyways thats a very good plugin for regular controlers, very good work!!!
You have installed any drivers that came with it? For force feedback, you generally need any 3rd party drivers installed.

As far as I know, any PS2 G25 identifies itself as a standard DS or DS2 controller.

Anyhow, given the relative small amount of work that's been done on input plugins in the last couple years, you'll probably be waiting a while.
Just to clarify - the G25 has standard drivers for the PC which work very well. It specifically works as a USB logitech G25 controller, and is often used as a base controller for very high end racing simulators. (like http://www.iracing.com/)

My suggestion is for this device is to check your actual g25 logitech profiler, and change your settings in there. Map the left right axis of the steering wheel and make sure you play with settings (perhaps disable as many as possible) using the logitech profiler.

Onto a different topic though: I'm having trouble with the "Lock Input" button. It locks directions and perhaps even the button, but I don't think turbo is working correctly for it. Say i use LOCK INPUT on X (which is bound to xbox button A).

IF i highlight *xinput pad 0 - PC control A - PS2 control X* and click "Turbo" then use Lock input (via spacebar) it doesn't hold the button in turbo (i can also use the button myself freely, i don't think the game sees the button held down)

IF i highlight *xinput pad 0 - PC control A - PS2 control X* and click "Turbo" then highlight *WM Keyboard - PC Control Space - PS2 Control Lock Input* and click "Turbo" then I can't use the button at all (but the game i believe thinks the button is held down)

IF I highlight *xinput pad 0 - PC control A - PS2 control X* and UN-Check "Turbo" then highlight *WM Keyboard - PC Control Space - PS2 Control Lock Input* and click "Turbo" then I can't use the button at all (but the game i believe thinks the button is held down)

Otherwise the Lock Input works fine, it just locks the state it sees. Shame it doesn't tap the button for me as well. Thanks
Yea, I was using 3rd party incorrectly - meant not from Pcsx2 team, and not included in Windows.

Lock input does indeed not support turbo.
was trying to play okami but drawing a circle ingame using keyboard is quite daunting, is there a better way to draw a circle ingame?
Use a mouse?