LilyPad 0.10.0
(05-19-2010, 10:10 PM)GameKyuubi Wrote:
(05-19-2010, 09:53 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: If you don't get full speed in games and you press/release the input too fast it just won't register it because it was too fast. That's normal, you're supposed to be playing full speed all the time unless you mean something else by "demanding games".

I meant games that are more reliant on precise inputs. In fighters even if an input that was only active for 1/60th of a second is dropped it is a big deal as single moves have inputs that are often 7 or more inputs long and need to be done very fast and accurately. Some games have combos consisting of 20+ moves precisely strung together. If a single input is dropped the whole move doesn't come out and you don't get a second shot, where as in a racer or something a dropped input just means your car started turning 1/60th of a second later. That's what I meant.

I always send pcsx2 the most recent state of the controller I have. Don't see a better way of handling this.

Sponsored links

Hmm, I'm having a bit of trouble with my PS3 controller, I used the ps3sixaxis_en.exe route, installed all the drivers, and it gets picked up by my computer fully, shows in the hardware manager (A rather large feat in Windows 7) and even shows up in the LilyPad settings tab, under the driver section, however, there appears to be a major problem. Whenever I try and set the commands, nothing is ever picked up, ever. Even if I go to the test section for the controller, it doesn't show any response, it seems to only recognize that it is there, no input. All the controller reads is the stereotypical flashing lights, it's frustrating. Any help?
That's exactly the behavior you'd get without any drivers installed for it - Can see the controls, but they don't work. DS3 actually works like standard HID USB controller.... Except it needs to receive a particular invalid USB HID message before it starts sending current device state. So I can see all its buttons even without any special driver installed.

In other words, I think ps3sixaxis_en.exe is not working for you, for whatever reason. Things are behaving exactly as if it weren't installed/running/whatever.
Having two issues with lily pad. First is i have a 360 controller. But no rumble. Anyway i can get that working with Win7 x64? (i know it's not the fault of the plugin)
EDIT: okay i can test the rumble feature in the plugin setting and it will work. But not in any games.

Second. my i guess you'd say angled directions on the joy stick don't register correctly. For example if i hold the stick in the upper left, instead of running, the character in whatever game will walk as if i'm only slightly pushing in the joy stick.

Is there a fix for this as well?
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64
You need to have XInput enabled in LilyPad's first config screen and then bind force feedback axes like everything else.

No fix for that. Microsoft does not mention that behavior on their XInput spec, and I have no XBox 360 controller. Until I know what values XBox 360 controllers actually send me when being pushed diagonally, impossible to fix.

Most people just turn up the sensitivity to somewhere from 1.3 to 1.5 for the affected controls.

Edit: Yes, I could guess what it's doing...But I refuse to do so. Found things that require two way communication with LilyPad users are just not worth the effort.
I am playing metal gear solid 2 sons of liberty US version, too bad the substance version doesnt work yet Tongue, and for some actions i have to press slightly the button, i kinda need this in mgs 3 also, (like when pointing a gun cause if i press it 2 much it will fire) and i dont know what to do in lilypad to apply sensitivity or any trick that it will make it work like that (as you know the original ps2 controller gives different inputs if you press slightly the button or with force)! i have a logitech rumble pad 2 (cordless) with the latest drivers installed and i am using 0.9.7 beta.
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
I have bind my mouse to my left joy-stick and saved but when i try to play it in a game, its not taking my mouse input and yes mouse is enabled. Any idea???
I am also trying to play metal gear solid 3 and was hoping for some help with these analogue buttons, I have been searching for a fix for ages, and when I read that you are able to bind these to axis to successfully emulate the ds2 buttons, and I have been trying to work this out myself but have so far been unsuccessful.

As you know when you push the button in you should get your weapon out ready to fire (assuming you have a pistol), then if you release it quickly you fire a round, and if you release it slowly you will put the weapon to your side and not fire.

I am thinking that this config being game dependent is actually impossible at the moment? If not, please can someone help me out.

I am using an official PS2 controller and the software for the adapter I have actually allows me to set some buttons to an analogue input, so my button can be set to slider+, slider, or slider-, or obviously a combination of them all, but I have no idea where to start with this and have been hoping to play this game on my pc for years now, and only recently has it seemed possible to achieve.
Hello

I notice a little bug in the last release of LilyPad (and all others versions too ^^).
I use the public beta of PCsX2 0.9.7, and the settings won't save if the folder settings has characters accentuated.

My username is Xéfir, the folder settings is in my documents, and so i have this bug :

[Image: 7275238653375_capture.png]

I tested with the administrative mode, but same result.
When I choose the setting folder to C:\Pcsx2, It Works !

Thanks Wink
Regards,
Xéfir Destiny
Nice catch, this should be a PCSX2 issue.
[Image: newsig.jpg]