LilyPad 0.10.0
Hi,

Thanks for the plugin.

For most scenarios it works fine and is easy to configure.

However I have a small situation that I cannot resolve. I have looked into others' issues and seems most people are trying to use a keyboard to emulate the gamepads.
In my case, I am trying to get the keyboard to simply work.

I have tried WM, RAW, DX etc. both through a ps/2 or usb connection. The only thing that responds is in DX mode. The test shows that the keys are working however in games, nothing happens.

My goal is to use the controller/gamepad to play, and the keyboard to type. This affects any online Playstation 2 game, Twisted Metal, EverQuest, Tribes etc.
I have noticed that if I'm in the game window, playing with the gamepad, and hit the ESC key for example, it closes the game completely, terminated, el-finito.
Which suggest to me that the game is not taking priority over the keyboard.

Regards,

Roxy

Sponsored links

You will need an USB Keyboard Plugin for that, it's not related to LilyPad. Also those plugins only work in the 0.9.6 release currently.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Ah that figures; I assumed it was related to an additional plugin, like the USB but anytime searching about it, people were saying no USB external devices were working.
Go figure on the next page I see four threads about this, and you've been in them all.

So I've found the Qemu plugin(just got it from the old 0.9.4 installation, but says only for Monster Hunter.

Are there others?
-------------------------
EDIT: Seems to work.

1. Do not worry that the Qemu configuration window shows blank drop down windows for input controller/devices.
2.Launch your game, and try to use the Enter key on any menus right away. If it responds, then it should be working. Go further in and try to bring up a chat window. For me on the few games I tried, as soon as I hit enter key or the / \ keys, it would automatically bring up the soft keyboard and from there I typed as normal.
My only suggestion is that you make a habit of using the controller to cancel any mistaken typing, rather than the ESC key.

Hope this helps someone.

Says it was made for monster hunter, not that it only works with that game... just try it but not many games support USB keyboard anyway Tongue2
Neither Windows nor PCSX2 is really designed to have two separate modules in the same process each independently reading from the keyboard. If you can get it to work, great. If not, it's not terribly surprising.
I'm using the latest Lilipad plugin to play The Warriors, but when I reach the point where I'm the warchief and I have to keep R2 pressed while selecting "Mayhem" at the popup menu using the right analog stick to proceed, the right analog stick keys doesn't work properly, they do not allow me to go to the left and select the desired option, so I'm unable to go any further.

I've tried to select different keys for the right analog stick without success. It select some options from the menu but only for the right side, so I can't select options that are at the left side of the popup menu. Does anybody know what's going on or if I have another options to try?
I can use that option in that game fine with an analog gamepad, Try using different keyboard API or setting the right analog stick to your mouse or try with other controller plugin or last resort... play with an analog gamepad Tongue2
is anyone tried using a ps3 sixaxis controller?
i'm having trouble trying to set it up, im running 0.9.8 emu.
with lillypad, trouble is some of the analog assignments take the same
bind, and the right analog won't register.
i'm using psx joypad ps3 dualshocks driver for my pads.

||||i do have a regular USB controller if that helps?||||
EDIT simplest solution. i had xbox controllers checked instead of ps3
I'm having problems with the steering system configured lilypad plugin 0.10.0 r4600

commands work perfectly until the gameplay (when you're controlling the character) then controls the direction (up, down, left, right) stop working.

Could someone help me?
You probably need to assign buttons/axis to the left analog too instead of just the D-pad.
[Image: newsig.jpg]