Linux, GSdx plugin on Ati card
My config is:
Core i5 760, 8G DDR3 1333MHz, 1G 5770 (tested with fglrx 12.2, 12.3, 12.4)

Currently gentoo amd64, gentoo i686, openSUSE i586 installed.
On openSUSE everything is work but amd64/i686 gentoo is failed. Maybe some gentoo releated problem.

Both of my gentoo installation is compiled with the following CFLAGS:
Code:
-march=core2 -O2 -pipe -mpopcnt -msse4.2 --param l1-cache-size=32 --param l1-cache-line-size=64 --param l2-cache-size=256 -mtune=generic

Sponsored links

Quite same, just i use native march.

(05-28-2012, 01:56 PM)player0 Wrote: Maybe some gentoo releated problem.[/code]

I think so, but it would be difficult to find where. It would be nice if more Gentoo users can relate some experiences.
My config running PCSX2 : Gentoo AMD64, pcsx2-svn, Core i7 2600 @stock, Sapphire Vapor-X HD6870 1 Go @stock (fglrx 12.4), 8 Go DD3 1333MHz.
We need to reduce the complexity of the problem.
1/ did it work with the replayer. Use a clean SVN and use the standard compilation flags of PCSX2, and a debug build.
Code:
pcsx2_GSReplayLoader $HOME/.config/pcsx2/inis ~/pcsx2/colin.gs
I attach a screenshot of the expected output. Replayer is much more easier than full PCSX2, it basically only contains GSdx (mono-thread, no dynamically load any aditionnal library.).
2/ Could you check there is no indirect dependency to another libglew verions. You can use this kind of command, maybe check libGSdx.so too.
Code:
for lib in `ldd /usr/games/pcsx2_GSReplayLoader | grep -i -o "/usr.*lib.*.so.* "`; do ldd $lib | grep -i libglew; done
3/ If it don't work. I will try to build a replayer on my side with some static library.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

gregory > running pcsx2_GSReplayLoader (with correct args) don't do anything. If you can provide me a version with static lib, thanks...
My config running PCSX2 : Gentoo AMD64, pcsx2-svn, Core i7 2600 @stock, Sapphire Vapor-X HD6870 1 Go @stock (fglrx 12.4), 8 Go DD3 1333MHz.
Well it would be more complex than expected, I don't have the .a on my debian computer. Can you try to add this line after glewinit stuff. It will print extension but based on the OGL2 interface. If I'm correct it migh miss some OGL3,4 extensions.
Code:
fprintf(stderr, "Extension list: %s", glGetString(GL_EXTENSIONS));
When chroot to suse(i586) from amd64 gentoo than GSdx plugin work! So i think the problem is one of the libs provided by gentoo. I will try to replace the libs one at time maybe i found the problem part.
Good work. I think priority is for librairies that concern OpenGL, like glew.

In my position, i have tried to update emul-linux-x86-opengl package (i'm in multilib gentoo) and it doesn't help anything.
could you give me your libglew compiled with debug support (-g -O0).
I get the exact same error on an nvidia card, so it isn't ATI specific.
Gentoo 64 bit multilib with a GeForce GTX 550 Ti. Can try to get you my libglew files tomorrow, but if you want anything else let me know.
Hum that interesting, nvidia replaces most of the GL stack! I'm nearly there is an issue with glew.

Well if you can lend me your pc with gentoo on it, I could debug it very easily Tongue2