Metal Gear Solid 3
(08-14-2009, 11:54 AM)Animus Wrote: Hi to all! Which version of MGS3 is emulated better/faster?
Snake Eater, because of MGS1 camera.
CPU: Intel Core i7-10700K 3.8 GHz (Turbo 5.1 GHz)
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070 (8 GB)
RAM: Corsair 32GB KIT DDR4 3200MHz CL16 Vengeance LPX
MOBO: Asus TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS

Sponsored links

(08-14-2009, 12:49 PM)Nokiaman Wrote:
(08-14-2009, 11:54 AM)Animus Wrote: Hi to all! Which version of MGS3 is emulated better/faster?
Snake Eater, because of MGS1 camera.

you can chnage to the mgs1 camera by pressing R3
(08-16-2009, 01:34 AM)venom4911 Wrote: you can chnage to the mgs1 camera by pressing R3

In Subsistence?
Yes, you press R3 in Subsistence to alternate between a free third person camera and the regular camera.

You can't do this in Snake Eater because there is only one third person camera which is the traditional isometric view point.
Check out my snazzy Youtube channel, with many great PCSX2 emulation videos! Laugh http://www.youtube.com/user/curryking1 Laugh
So Subsistence is better after all?

1. I can switch to regular camera (for emulation purposes)
2. Bonus features
I'm having some problems in MGS 3 Snake Eater Pal. The game randomly freezes, sometimes the text on weapons description just disappears, and the voices also disappears sometimes. Is that a common bug ??
I don't think it should freeze very often, but it is common for textual misnomers or for the in-game OSD (onscreen display) to disappear once in a while.
Check out my snazzy Youtube channel, with many great PCSX2 emulation videos! Laugh http://www.youtube.com/user/curryking1 Laugh
hello everyone.
a little while ago i FINISHED metal gear solid 3 subsistence.
My computer is a:
C2D E7400 (2.8GHZ)
3 GB RAM DDR2 800 MHZ
XFX Geforce 9500 gt GDDR3 512MB
HD1: 320GB
HD2: 120GB

The overall framerate was about 50, in some obvious cases, it dropped to 30 or lower (but they were very specific parts, for example boss battle against the pain), as for the freezes mentioned, i only had them when i activated the heat vision for a long time (night vision didn't work), and when i had slow framerates in a cutscene, i zoomed and look for angles where i could hear the dialogue nicely (at about 40fps), but then again, that didn't happen very often.
As for the text and icons dissappearing once in a while, at first i thought it had something to do with my config, but couln't find any solution to it, except a very.....strange one hehe (wearing the scientist suit in those cases made the error go away O.o).
(08-17-2009, 04:48 PM)curryking1 Wrote: I don't think it should freeze very often, but it is common for textual misnomers or for the in-game OSD (onscreen display) to disappear once in a while.

That's too bad =\
Does PAL version faster? I mean you need less cpu/gpu power to get 50fps (fullspeed for PAL games). Am I right?