Native Mac Testing Build
what's the link between pcsx2, RPCS3, CEMU, and a patreon ?
geez... drugs can make REAL damage...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go

Sponsored links

(01-28-2021, 09:37 PM)gorillape Wrote: whatever... I'm done with this. Look, I'm not disparaging the dev, but let's get real. I've been running Cemu. ok? CEMU on my old macbook pro 2015 with crappy discrete video. Super Mario 3d world runs at over 30fps consistently. I can barely get this piece of junk to run Dark Alliance 2 at even a playable frame rate.

What needs to be done is someone needs to setup a Patreon so that people can develop a good PS2 emulator for modern systems. Similar to what RPCS3 is doing.

PCSX2 runs fine on my Apple Silicon MacBook Pro through Rosetta 2 and Play runs fine natively. What? What was that? Your system is from 2015? I'm sorry... I thought you said for modern systems, not antiques.

(01-28-2021, 09:40 PM)jesalvein Wrote: what's the link between pcsx2, RPCS3, CEMU, and a patreon ?
geez... drugs can make REAL damage...

Agreed. I especially love the hallucination that all it takes is throwing money around for a perfect application to appear.
Great work, every game i tried so far runs full speed with occasional frame drops and i'm using a hackintoshed 2011 t420 thinkpad!
Opening video plugin options causes a crash though, i had to use an older build to configure them.

(01-29-2021, 04:37 AM)StLouisCPhT Wrote: PCSX2 runs fine on my Apple Silicon MacBook Pro through Rosetta 2 and Play runs fine natively. What? What was that? Your system is from 2015? I'm sorry... I thought you said for modern systems, not antiques.
2015 MBP isn't even that bad, they probably just need to give it a good clean to prevent it from thermal throttling lol
(01-29-2021, 05:18 PM)ShroomKing Wrote: Great work, every game i tried so far runs full speed with occasional frame drops and i'm using a hackintoshed 2011 t420 thinkpad!
Opening video plugin options causes a crash though, i had to use an older build to configure them.

2015 MBP isn't even that bad, they probably just need to give it a good clean to prevent it from thermal throttling lol

wouldn't change anything.
some games are just more demanding than others when it comes to emulation.
Snowblind engine games have always been a PITA to run properly.
On windows, fast invalidation gsdx hack helped a lot.
dunno if it has been implemented to mac port. maybe it's just not possible.
(01-29-2021, 05:18 PM)ShroomKing Wrote: Great work, every game i tried so far runs full speed with occasional frame drops and i'm using a hackintoshed 2011 t420 thinkpad!

Nah, they just need to detox and accept that the PS2 is a developer's nightmare.
Any chance to run emulator on Big Sur (11.2) ?
Just downloaded precompiled app yesterday and ran into issue: I am able to run the game, enter menu, then, when I choose "New Game" and the loading completes, the pcsx2 is crashing.
I search for the logs, and see no error message, just "loading loading loading from disc" and then nothing.
Trying to play The Getaway, The Getaway 2 on 2019 16" mbp, Big Sur.
not sure it has anything to do with big sur.
more with emu's compatibility
(02-05-2021, 10:49 AM)jesalvein Wrote: not sure it has anything to do with big sur.
more with emu's compatibility

Yeah, I understand.
Let me now if I can help somehow with investigating. Logs, Debug or anything else.
I didn't find any bug tracker link, so I can't see if I the only one with this issue.
I could try to build the app locally to see if this can resolve the issue, but, also, could you provide me the link to short how-to build? I can see build.sh script in repo's root, but what's the prerequisites have to be installed?
no idea.
I don't use mac. but maybe someone around here will answer
ok, so I tried to build locally with manually doing steps in this pipeline
https://github.com/tellowkrinkle/pcsx2/b...rkflow.yml
no results, not even able to run main window