Native Mac Testing Build
In the next update, I hope that the 3D game will be as fast as PPSSPP even with the old MACBOOK PRO.

Sponsored links

I'm having an issue where the screen flickers almost non-stop. Anyone have any idea how to fix that?
Like I can see the game and everything, it just flickers and the image acts all twitchy.
Can you setup a PayPal donation link so that we can make this worth your time?

Getting PS2 games on Mac OS would certainly make this epic for everyone with a Mac.
I've been testing the latest build (27th March) on the M1 Air and in software rendering getting very good FPS in Street Fighter EX3, Gran Turismo 4 and Tekken 4. Great progress. Thank you! +1 to the donation link idea.
Been using the March 27th 64-bit build on a M1 iMac this afternoon and finding it works better than my older Intel iMac (was a VERY old system) - tried a few PS2 titles, Katamari and others and it's very playable. No sound distortion like I was getting on the Intel version when using a Crossover bottle with the Windows Version.

Even with Rosetta it seems fine. CPU usage was averaging 87% while under load with Katamari

My setup: Drop the Executable/app into Applications
Then I have all my PCSX2 dependancies in my home directory under a PCSX2 folder. ISO, memcards and PS2 ROMS
All much cleaner than the Crossover Windows binary hell
(05-23-2021, 12:27 AM)nps-ca Wrote: Been using the March 27th 64-bit build on a M1 iMac this afternoon and finding it works better than my older Intel iMac (was a VERY old system) - tried a few PS2 titles, Katamari and others and it's very playable.  No sound distortion like I was getting on the Intel version when using a Crossover bottle with the Windows Version.

Even with Rosetta it seems fine. CPU usage was averaging 87% while under load with Katamari

My setup: Drop the Executable/app into Applications
Then I have all my PCSX2 dependancies in my home directory under a PCSX2 folder.  ISO, memcards and PS2 ROMS
All much cleaner than the Crossover Windows binary hell

Did you have to switch to software render to get more fps? I'm wondering how I could tweak the settings to get a stable 60fps in Gran Turismo 4 but you've talked me out of going the Crossover route - would have been a waste of time!
Thanks @TellowKrinkle for this.
M1 Air 16GB.
Emulation Settings:
• Preset 3.
GSdx Config:
• Renderer: Software
• Interlacing: Automatic
• Texture Filtering: Bilinear
Renderer Hardware Mode Settings:
• Native Resolution, and the options that had dropdown lists were set to off/none
Gran Turismo 4 runs well (occasionally drops to ~45fps with full-grid AI on Nurburgring, less on smaller maps). M1 reaches 39°C after some gameplay.

My unintelligent process of getting a controller to work:
  1. Connected PS3 controller to Mac Bluetooth
  2. Failed to use it in GT4
  3. Bought 2 PS2 to USB adapters for $20
  4. Realised they needed drivers on Windows, so this won't work on Mac.
  5. Came back to this forum
  6. Realised @TellowKrinkle first post explains how to connect game controllers (in the Known Issues section)
  7. PS3 controller working successfully, no more keyboard struggles. Although I modified ~/Library/Application Support/PCSX2/inis/PAD.ini instead of ~/Library/Application Support/PCSX2/inis/OnePad2.ini (which wasn't there)
Hi, I have the newest version of the build and I read all messages but I still can't play with my Xbox controller and I don't understand why. 

In your messages you talk about PS-controller maybe is just that for xbox controller it needs something else?

Please help me

PS: Thanks for this build, it's great to play PS2 games on Mac without crossover or else Biggrin

PS2: I'm french, so sorry for any mistakes
(05-23-2021, 02:24 AM)thetechknowg Wrote: Did you have to switch to software render to get more fps? I'm wondering how I could tweak the settings to get a stable 60fps in Gran Turismo 4 but you've talked me out of going the Crossover route - would have been a waste of time!

Nope - kept it as OpenGL - getting 60fps in less challenging areas and 30fps down to 20 or so in complex areas.
I am new to this whole thing. So I downloaded the source code but do I need an existing executable? I am quite lost, lol.