Native Mac Testing Build
(03-24-2021, 04:16 AM)StLouisCPhT Wrote: BSmoove99, you'd be better off waiting for TellowKrinkle to release the next version of PCSX2 which has support for the PS4 controllers as well as other bug fixes.

Sheesh how long will that take im fiendin to play lol ???

Sponsored links

ask him. maybe he'll answer
until then play on your PS2 if you can't wait Wink
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(03-22-2021, 04:22 PM)Bsmoove99 Wrote: Can someone please help me be able to map my ps4 controller to my m1 mac pcsx2. It will not let me map the buttons but my controller is connected and it works for other emulators?

Have you tried using this tool https://generalarcade.com/gamepadtool? You can use it to create a new mapping for your controller and set it as environment variable
(03-23-2021, 02:22 PM)Bsmoove99 Wrote: I seen that but im stuck at the homebrew part and how to replace the old sdl2 with new one for pcxs2 frameworks i put in the terminal to download but what do i do after that please give step by step details just started using a mac (m1) for the first time so I don’t know all the ins and outs so please help i really want to play thank you!

The steps are really detailed, so I'm not too sure where you are having trouble. Can you PM me? if you can send me somescreenshots that would be helpful.
(03-24-2021, 04:52 PM)IJWPKH2 Wrote: The steps are really detailed, so I'm not too sure where you are having trouble. Can you PM me? if you can send me somescreenshots that would be helpful.

Im stuck at this part what should i do it wont brew the sdl2?

(03-24-2021, 03:26 PM)adamfirst1986 Wrote: Have you tried using this tool https://generalarcade.com/gamepadtool? You can use it to create a new mapping for your controller and set it as environment variable

Yeah it still didn’t work thats why im trying to get do the other way  just stuck on what to do?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(03-24-2021, 03:26 PM)adamfirst1986 Wrote: Have you tried using this tool https://generalarcade.com/gamepadtool? You can use it to create a new mapping for your controller and set it as environment variable

As I stated on page 21, that software uses a VERY out of date version of SDL2 and will not work properly with Apple Silicon Macs.
It looks like Tellowkrinkle has updated the links on the 1st page to include the new version.
Anyone know why multi tap only reads two controllers?
Thanks to Yellowkrinkle for all his work on this build.
And thanks to IJWPKH2 for helping me get it running.

I'm on a 2020 M1 8GB Macbook Pro and I've managed to get the latest build running and have been able to play games with my Dualshock 4.
Final Fantasy X ran really smoothly but I've just tried out Ratchet and Clank and Metal Gear Solid 3 and they're both running at about 40% speed which is basically unplayable.
My question is will these games ever be playable on my hardware? Has anyone had any luck tweaking the settings to get games to run smoother?
Or should I just accept that a lot of PS2 games will ultimately be unplayable on this generation of Macbooks?
Ratchet and clank needs above recommended and will still have slowdowns on specific areas. Other games as well.