Native Mac Testing Build
(08-07-2021, 04:50 AM)mattimeo Wrote: my guess is you have to use advanced user hacks on, and search in the next menu. I did that for the half-pixel offset, but i'm going to try and make the dll for the tales hack work.
Next step seems like having a plugin conversion guide, since I'm sure much of the community could contribute if they knew what to search for

disregard that, oh god this would be hard. Since it appears that PCSX2 uses .dll files then the only way to have functional plugins would be to recompile from the source, since .dll > .dylib isn't gonna happen

Well, sadface for my tales of the abyss campaign. Hopefully someone has the precise offsets needed for manual GSX customisation to make it work.

On that note, however, I'll say this:

a). M1 Mac Mini. Was originally using steam to allow my switch pro controllers to try and have input because -multiplayer-

b). Switch Pro Controllers both worked no hitches in other apps, though the initial syncing with the mac was a pita.

c). Followed the guide in OP"s post, so functionally, in the directory:

~/Library/Application Support/PCSX2/inis/PAD.ini

I copy and pasted -this- to the bottom line, opening PAD.ini in textedit

SDL2 = 030000007e0500000920000001000000,Nintendo Switch Pro Controller,a:b0,b:b1,back:b8,dpdown:h0.4,dpleft:h0.8,dpright:h0.2,dpup:h0.1,guide:b12,leftshoulder:b4,leftstick:b10,lefttrigger:b6,leftx:a0,lefty:a1,rightshoulder:b5,rightstick:b11,righttrigger:b7,rightx:a2,righty:a3,start:b9,x:b2,y:b3,platform:Mac OS X

with UID 0 and 1 set to zero and 1.

took a bit of fiddling with the controllers but eventually got it to work.

Steam itself is now the one having a hissy fit and only recognises one connected controller at a time. Could be the mac, I may have broken the SSD.

Where does the Application Support folder come from? I have this up and running on my M1 Mac, and no such directory exists after I have copied PCSX2 to my Applications folder.

Sponsored links

I downloaded the 64 bit version yet there are no clickable buttons and there is nothing i can do. I am on macOS Catalina. As you can see in the screenshot I provided there are no clickable buttons. Am I missing something?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hello, I have this downloaded.  I ALMOST have it running but running into a few issues  with the controller setup, and have not been able to get it work.

The weird part is that the controller mostly works, its just the left and down functionality on the left joystick doesn't work on my usb controller. I have tried the fixes on the front page and the ones throughout this thread, but no luck.  I am attempting to use a third-party switch controller. Here is my pad.ini:

first_time_wizard = 1
log = 0
options = 0
mouse_sensibility = 100
ff_intensity = 32767
uid[0] = 0
uid[1] = 0
SDL2 = 03000000d620000013a7000000010000,NSW Wired controller,platform:Mac OS X,a:b1,b:b2,x:b0,y:b3,back:b8,guide:b12,start:b9,leftstick:b10,rightstick:b11,leftshoulder:b4,rightshoulder:b5,dpup:h0.1,dpdown:h0.4,dpleft:h0.8,dpright:h0.2,leftx:a0,lefty:a1,rightx:a2,righty:a3,lefttrigger:b6,righttrigger:b7,

What Ive noticed from the console is that it seems to not be recognizing what I have for the SDL2 config, as I keep seeing this:
"PAD: controller (Nintendo Switch Pro Controller) detected, GUID:03000000d620000013a7000000016800"

which is different from what I have in my PAD.ini.  Thanks in advance.  Please let me know if any more info is required.
(08-10-2021, 03:29 PM)Matrix_Prime Wrote: Where does the Application Support folder come from? I have this up and running on my M1 Mac, and no such directory exists after I have copied PCSX2 to my Applications folder.

So I had this issue too and I have now resolved it! 

FOR ANYONE UNABLE TO LOCATE APPLICATION SUPPORT

It is a hidden folder structure with no read or write permission

Step 1: Enable hidden files in finder. Open a finder browser and use the shortcut  CMD+SHIFT+[.]      <- The last one is a period. 
This will show all hidden files in finder which include the application support folder.

Step 2: Enable Read and Write Permissions on each folder. Right click on the folder and go get info down the bottom you will see the permissions, change it to read and write for everyone.

the folders that require this will be: Library, Application Support.   But double check the PCSX2 folder as well!! Remember as these are hidden folders they will be slightly transparent.

Once you have done this you will have access to the file and PCSX2 will be able to read it. You can use cheats too
I have lodged a pull request against the GitHub repository, containing controller database updates, including a personal contribution for the Xbox Series X controller I just received and freshly updated with a Windows machine. The pull request also contains other controller updates from the upstream database repository. All irrelevant platforms have been stripped, just like the current database was.

I can't figure out what to do to put the mapping into PAD.ini, though. Do I paste the entire line, or just the button mappings part?
Xbox controllers just work out of the box.
Right, I was told that the 6800 in my mapping indicated it was natively supported and didn't need a mapping, but it didn't work until I built my own with the latest SDL2 from Homebrew.

Edit: Yeah, it needs to be SDL 2.0.16, not the 2.0.14 that comes with TellowKrinkle's build as of July.
(08-16-2021, 09:25 PM)SolarTraceYT Wrote: I downloaded the 64 bit version yet there are no clickable buttons and there is nothing i can do. I am on macOS Catalina. As you can see in the screenshot I provided there are no clickable buttons. Am I missing something?

Use the menus in the bar on the top of the screen
https://i.imgur.com/yVWuZ5v.jpg

The letters turn purple. Where can I get rid of them? Please tell me a detailed person.
https://i.imgur.com/a0LGa2h.png

M1 Mac book pro 16gb
How's progress been on these builds? Any luck with native M1 builds?