Native Mac Testing Build
(I posted this also on the GitHub pull request (#3451) while I was waiting for my account activation link on here.)

My test system is a 2020 13" MacBook Pro (i5-1038NG7) running Catalina 10.15.6 using bios dumps from SCPH-30000 and SCPH-39001 systems. I also rolled back to 10.15.4 with the same results. Since I'm stuck with Catalina due to my MBP model I am using the 64-bit builds only.

The OGL HW crash seems to be universal for all intel GPUs as it happens on the new 10th Gen Iris Plus gpus as well. Although, on my particular model I do not get any kind of glitchy light show. It just suddenly freezes and then it crashes.

There are some issues with memory cards. Starting a game with a formatted memory card installed can cause PCSX2 to crash or freeze. However, the behavior seems to depend on the game.

Phantasy Star Universe (USA), PSU Ambition of the Illuminus & Megaman X Command Mission - Crash occurs when performing a full boot with a formatted memory card inserted. Does not occur when performing a fast boot with a formatted memory card inserted.

Sega Ages Vol 1 (Phantasy Star Gen 1) & Vol 17 (Phantasy Star Gen 2) - both freeze my entire system when trying both a full boot or fast boot with a formatted memory card inserted. Starting either game using either method without memory card(s) inserted works, but inserting a card in-game and trying to format it will crash PCSX2.

Trying to boot into the SCPH-30000 bios or SCPH-39001 bios causes PCSX2 to crash. This happens on both OGL HW and OGL SW, with or without formatted memory card(s) inserted.

None of these issues occur on the 32-bit Windows versions in Boot Camp. I have not tested the 64-bit windows versions, as I do not have experience with compiling.

Sponsored links

(07-26-2020, 04:22 PM)StLouisCPhT Wrote: The other plugins are nulls. Think of them as either a placeholder or a very very basic plugin meant just to keep that function from crashing the emulator. There is nothing to configure on them.

The macOS versions only support OpenGL currently. Vulkan and/or Metal graphical backends have not been written yet.

I see.

For Vulkan.. I have it on my macOS or you are talking about PCSX2 haven't been written yet ?
(07-26-2020, 04:45 PM)azoreseuropa Wrote: I see.

For Vulkan.. I have it on my macOS or you are talking about PCSX2 haven't been written yet ?

I mean PCSX2.
(07-26-2020, 07:50 PM)StLouisCPhT Wrote: I mean PCSX2.

Ahh. One day then. Thanks.
Vulkan isn't planned at all
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
It is not available on PCSX2 Download list: thttps://pcsx2.net/download.html

Why ?
Because Mac isn't officially supported
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
More accurately, it is not on the download page yet because it is not part of the main code branch of PCSX2.

Not totally anyways. I have seen 2 CI posts with macOS specific code added into the automated builds.
(06-10-2020, 12:21 AM)TellowKrinkle Wrote: There were too many OpenGL workarounds that had to be revived, so for now it's staying off the main branch
(07-27-2020, 03:40 PM)StLouisCPhT Wrote: More accurately, it is not on the download page yet because it is not part of the main code branch of PCSX2.

Not totally anyways. I have seen 2 CI posts with macOS specific code added into the automated builds.

Thank you. I understand.