Nehalem Core i7 good for PS2 emu?
hmmm Ill give it a try bought build a 920 i7 rig recently

Sponsored links

(12-18-2008, 06:25 AM)rama Wrote: Try the latest gsdx sw renderer.
It gives playable speeds on many of my games now Smile

(core2duo 4,3Ghz)

you get 60FPS with software renderer? Which games and what internal res? Probably native I guess since in my prefered resolution of 1920x1200 it isn't possible. I tried with a [email protected] and 3 threads but it ran FF X-2 only with 20-30 FPS or so.
v13 is out and faster with large textures, I wouldn't mind seeing i7 benchmark results either ^_^

Jlagreen: v12 had mt mode disabled, try again.
Too bad the internal res can't be changed with the software renderer.
But speed and compatibility are great now.

Gabest:
Some update to the sw renderer made Hounting Ground work right.
And nice to see you've joined here Wink

Edit:
And I'll use the thread to show a pic where Persona4 runs in hw and sw mode at the same time, sw mode still reaching 60FPS.
Obviously this isn't a request to fix (or hack) the texture coordinates in the HW renderer.. Tongue2

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

hmm so the question is whether you play with minor texture errors or with native resolution. Actually for me it's simple as native looks really bad in fullscreen on my 24" TFT.
Yeah, good to see you Gabest. Hope you'll eventually move your release thrads in these forums Smile
Once we have some extra processing power left I can still add mipmapping and antialiasing to make it look better, these settings of the games are currently ignored. The increased resolution in accelerated mode is not perfect because the texture coordinate fractions play an important role in centering the pixels, once upscaled it gets all messed up.