New Theme
Well the bad thing with themes and anything design is that there is LOTS of subjectivity involved. What looks good for me might be horrid for someone else,so it's pretty impossible to please everyone. I'm trying to please most though Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]

Sponsored links

I respect your thoughts. You are correct about the subjectivity. Everyone has their own opinions, thoughts, likes, and dislikes, I agree by far. No worries there. Smile

You might see me as some newbie intruder who thinks to know everything better. Do not raise that thought. I'm merely a freelancer trying to help an awesome community, dedicated to an emulation project. Smile

Either way,

I will help you with the best of my abillities.
1024MB, 3.5GHZ, nVidia GeForce 6600 GT, Windows XP Professional SP 2

"Money does not create happiness" - Yeah right~
Won't hear me complain, I don't ever use white themes in forums If I can Help it, cause I'm old and Blind, lol I just recommended stearing away from brights because OTHERS like the whites etc, So they get blinded when Darkies like us use bright colors to be "Cool" in dark themes lol

On a side note, As it sits now, just browsing around it allready looks great!! Only needs improvement if you want fancy shmancy, lol me myself and I, I'm happy with it, although earlier someone suggested removing the Gap between the logo and the Site Nav Bar... I think that would look better in hindsigt Smile Great work so far though Smile
"He who dies with the most toys, is still, None the less... Dead"
"Never argue with an Idiot, it causes confusion in who's who"
"If you're mad, You're loosing"
turquoise links looks gret easy to read and identify
I think it's the best colour yet
Chicken is not Vegan?

NO VEGAN DIET NO VEGAN POWERS!!!!

http://www.flixxy.com/my-blackberry-is-not-working.htm
(02-17-2009, 04:37 PM)refraction Wrote: I cant get that to happen in either of my browsers (IE7 or FF) the only suggestion i can make, judging by the positioning of your scroll bars in reference to where "Tools" is on IE, your windows theme is just way too fat Tongue2

I don't know what you mean but I was using default Aero theme.
Just below the horizontal scroll bar, there's the "statut bar" which I think is not displayed by default.
@Bositman,
I'd like to suggest a last theme change.
Making the "whole buttons" clickable in the top menu , instead of just links.
This can be easily achieved with CSS, so why not ?
Below the changes to reach the result.

Edit again the file global.css

Look near the end of the css for the lines:

Quote:.navbar {
background: url(navbarbl.png) top left repeat-x;
color: #FFFFFF;
padding: 8px;
border-right: 1px solid #000000;
}

.navbar:hover {
background: url(navbarho.png) top left repeat-x;
color: #468dbc;
}

And replace by the following lines:

Quote:.navbar {
background: #063656 url(navbarbl.png) top left repeat-x;
color: #FFFFFF;
padding: 0px;
}

.navbar:hover {
background: #07446b url(navbarho.png) top left repeat-x;
color: #468dbc;
padding: 0px;
}

.navbar a {
display:block;
}

Ok some explanations, about the changes:
  • First I added a default color to background images, because the browser doesnt always have time to load the full image. Hence, if you load page and click too fast, you'll see default color instead of nothing.
  • I removed the padding from td.navbar cells and put them in links instead. Then I added property "display: block" to link, so that they cover whole button (roughly speaking).

Just a remark: the new color you applied to links is nice, but you don't see it when you preview post. Unless that's a caching issue. If you think I nitpick etc... etc... Happy
I've been using the new theme for a while now, I like the naviagteability it has (If I spelled that word wrong, I apologize.) Great works guys and keep it up.
System Specs:

AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+ @ 2.20Ghz | 1 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE 512MB | Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 32bit

One thing that bothers me with this theme is that it's hard to see which part of the post is the signature - the line should be something that's not black.
Because 10 billion years' time is so fragile, so ephemeral...
it arouses such a bittersweet, almost heartbreaking fondness.
(02-18-2009, 07:15 PM)ender Wrote: One thing that bothers me with this theme is that it's hard to see which part of the post is the signature - the line should be something that's not black.

Made it white

bigmehdi:
Nice one,using it and works fine Smile I added a text-decoration none to override the global a: so we don't get it underlined on hover.
I'll look into the preview post now
[Image: newsig.jpg]
@bigmehdi: nice coding there Smile
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja