how about
0xB52E2B (red)
0x4DB517 (green)
Chicken is not Vegan?

NO VEGAN DIET NO VEGAN POWERS!!!!

http://www.flixxy.com/my-blackberry-is-not-working.htm

Sponsored links

(02-16-2009, 09:44 PM)bigmehdi Wrote: @Bositman
Quote:Don't know,I'm at 1024x768 and still don't know what you mean.Maybe a screenshot?

Ok, here's a cropped screenshot for convenience.
I mean that little scroll bar:

For the "full screenshot", see attachement.

I would also add that the scrolling is minimal, so ignore if you believe I'm nitpicking. It's just that I see the scrolling bar.
Both in firefox & IE7.

I cant get that to happen in either of my browsers (IE7 or FF) the only suggestion i can make, judging by the positioning of your scroll bars in reference to where "Tools" is on IE, your windows theme is just way too fat Tongue2
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(02-17-2009, 04:21 PM)kabooz Wrote: I like the light blue for thread colour it's very readable and it fit's pcsx2

hower i'd like suggest a different colour for links
how about
0xB52E2B (red)
0x4DB517 (green)

Hmm red was OKish but not exactly better than the current...green is out of place in the dark-blue colors everything else is Tongue
Some other attempts?
[Image: newsig.jpg]
0x35AA95 turquoisy colour
0xAA4121 reddish
0x839338 Browny yellow
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

If it's just colors of links for dark theme (As in won't affect other themes)

Purples show well on black, as do whites, blues and Greys....

If you want to keep it lose to PSX2 style, the logo is blue so I'd probably say Blue Smile

Just my thoughts Smile
"He who dies with the most toys, is still, None the less... Dead"
"Never argue with an Idiot, it causes confusion in who's who"
"If you're mad, You're loosing"
Alright, here's my idea of putting a nice color scheme in combination of the right marge's and width scaling.

First off, the background element is out of reach. The whole forum skin covers the background element, which is .. Not trendy. You have to know the right tones, elements, and trends before creating a skin, or managing it. I see that this skin has been developed by a third-party. So I won't judge your skill at all. Just rating and telling you what can be better.

First off. The width of this forum is very large, and I assume it works with percentages (%), regardless that. Latest trend is, the smaller, the better. I suggest trying a width from the range 860px to 960px. This way, a background element may be inserted. Im not saying that you cant insert a background element at this moment. But if you do, it's invisible because of the width. Try 960 in my opinion. And use a neat background element (Gradient/Obstacle/Repeat-Y, Solid Color for base ground) - And decide for yourself. The benefit you get from having a smaller scale forum in width, is that the whole forum would be more ..

Visible, and cleaner to the eyes.

I also suggest removing every percentage (%) width asset, and change them to a Pixel asset. So you have a better view upon width's and height's.

The colors .. Well, some are right, some are not right. When I talk about Playstation 2. I think of white and black (Playstation 2 boot sequal).

However, some blue (Browser sequal) is also nice. How about combining Black/White/Silver? These are solid colors. And the contrast flows nicely upon each other. So you won't get any contrast failures upon the eyes. The secret of a good forum skin, lies within the well chosen combination of colors, width's, height's, and style.

For a playstation 2 genre forum. I suggest using the black/ white/ silver color, and combine them with a clean/glossy style. A good forum starts with the basics. If you have the basics right, you can move on to the style. And once there. You can combine color with style. Resulting in a professional skin. See below for the color pallette:

Color scheme:

[Image: color.bmp]

As you can see above. I made a quick color scheme, which combined the best. Black, Dark gray, and light/dark-gray + Silver color scheme's (Including white as basic solid color to give some gloss)

Also.

The main logo right now, is a GIF format. GIF format provides low quality pixel visuals. It looks weird as in some browsers a gray background aint too shabby. So I suggest using a overal logo banner, to provide the best visual looks.

As I noticed. There are a few variety of available skins to choose from. I suggest having only one basic skin. So users can have the best form of user-friendly aspects.

Also, you can work on the skin to improve it, yes. However, if you improve a skin, then you gotta work on the other skin too. You cant necklate the other skins because you are working on this skin. Understand? You have to make an universal skin.
1024MB, 3.5GHZ, nVidia GeForce 6600 GT, Windows XP Professional SP 2

"Money does not create happiness" - Yeah right~
Yep the link color is per theme so no worries about other themes looking crap.
I've set the turquoise refraction suggested above and it looks good...I've set links to bold too.
Some tests:
www.pcsx2.net
http://forums.pcsx2.net
www.google.com
Mhm ..

Let's see. Alright, Im using the black/blue skin.

The combination between colors are now: Turquoise, Red, Blue, Glossy Blue, Dark Gray, Darker Gray, White, Light gray.

Not really universal if you ask me.

Uhh red? Not using red anywhere except if you talk about usergroups which is intended to make it clearer.
Well I'm no designer,but as you noted: Dark Gray, Darker Gray,Light gray,Blue, Glossy Blue,White and Turquoise (WIP still)
So that's actually 3 different colors,but pretty close...I find it pretty good.About your smaller forum with borders,that's how it initially was but most prefer it this way so it was changed
Alright,

Know that I only wish to help, and not to cause any trouble for you and your users. However, I am just pointing out the latest trends, and wished. You know what.

I'll put all my effort in building an respective layout, web/forum based.

You'll understand what I intend. Smile