No more slowdown
alright guys,problem is not in game sound.i can fix that.follow my steps-audio plugin-spu r5559,first one(sorry i wrote 5403 before),configure>Linear/simple okay sound>latency 50 ms>Direct sound>configure>sound device>primary sound device>output buffer full>Time stretch (recommended) no need to change timestretch advance settings.Then emulation settings >Gs> Baseframerate=120%.Then in pcsx2 ini folder >pcsx2_vm>framerate ntsc=25,framerate pal=25.those ppl have no problem with great hardware i5,i7 cpu's.they can play 2x,3x,4x native even more.but those have limited hardware like me,they cannot enjoy this emulator (i have laptop,that's the problem,cannot overclock or do nothing).i can run all ps2 games at full speed with native resolution with speedhacks.but u know what native looks like.now with this tweak i can play 2x native.thanks to billyash.but the only problem is broken audio in mpeg videos (in game sound fixed).if anyone can fix audio in mpeg videos,i'll be very thankfull.Then games will be more enjoyable Smile

Sponsored links

(03-21-2013, 05:52 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Alright, I give up. exhausted my arguments already Laugh

Getting 60 FPS on PCSX2 never was hard, hard is only getting correct gaming at that speed.

Is it mean even set limiter and framerate automatic, sound sync still be problem? (if fps not reach it standard fps (ntsc=60 ,pal=50 ) Im sorry if i tiring you Smile. Pls give answer yes or no Smile
(03-21-2013, 05:52 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: No, you misunderstood me, it was never automatic, just had a box which you could change values exactly like the frame limiter still has
Yes, i know pcsx2 has box that we can fill as desire.
but the idea was giving option (like check box on enable speedhack), when we thick that checkbox it mean enable fps,framerate and limiter automatic. Smile
(03-21-2013, 10:19 PM)Preet Wrote: alright guys,problem is not in game sound.i can fix that.follow my steps-audio plugin-spu r5559,first one(sorry i wrote 5403 before),configure>Linear/simple okay sound>latency 50 ms>Direct sound>configure>sound device>primary sound device>output buffer full>Time stretch (recommended) no need to change timestretch advance settings.Then emulation settings >Gs> Baseframerate=120%.Then in pcsx2 ini folder >pcsx2_vm>framerate ntsc=25,framerate pal=25.those ppl have no problem with great hardware i5,i7 cpu's.they can play 2x,3x,4x native even more.but those have limited hardware like me,they cannot enjoy this emulator (i have laptop,that's the problem,cannot overclock or do nothing).i can run all ps2 games at full speed with native resolution with speedhacks.but u know what native looks like.now with this tweak i can play 2x native.thanks to billyash.but the only problem is broken audio in mpeg videos (in game sound fixed).if anyone can fix audio in mpeg videos,i'll be very thankfull.Then games will be more enjoyable Smile

sound sync problem will never fixed if we input constant value
(03-21-2013, 11:14 PM)billyash Wrote: sound sync problem will never fixed if we input constant value

ok then we have to live with it.if want gameplay in better quality or in HD resolution.put constant value.if want good sound with low quality,then keep default values Smile
(03-21-2013, 11:28 PM)Preet Wrote: ok then we have to live with it.if want gameplay in better quality or in HD resolution.put constant value.if want good sound with low quality,then keep default values Smile

that tweak good for performance, but bad on sync sound
(03-21-2013, 11:31 PM)billyash Wrote: that tweak good for performance, but bad on sync sound

ok,now i found new setting.now in game sound very good & in mpeg video liitle improved.Follow steps
1.config>plugin/bios selecter
2.SPU 2(SPU-X r5559 2.0.0 [SPU-X r5559]>configure
3.Mixing settings>Interpolation 1-Linear Simple/okay sound
4.Output Settings>Module>2-Direct sound (nice)
5.volume-100%>Latency 50 ms (avg)
6.Synchrozation Mode>Time Stretch (Recommended)
7.Advanced>Sequence length=45 >Seekwindow Size=22 >Overlap=15
8.Audio Expansion Mode>Stereo (none,default)
9.Output Settings>Module>2-Direct Sound (nice)>configure
10.DirectSound Device>Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio) Note-I have Realtek High Definition Audio,select which device your computer have Smile
11.Output buffers > 5 (27ms latency)

settings in pcsx2
1.config>Emulation settings>GS>Base Framerate Adjust>120%
other all default settings
2.in pcsx2 folder>inis>pcsx2_vm>Framerate NTSC=25>Framerate PAL=25

I hope these settings help u little!!!! Smile
(03-22-2013, 08:51 AM)Preet Wrote: ok,now i found new setting.now in game sound very good & in mpeg video liitle improved.Follow steps
1.config>plugin/bios selecter
2.SPU 2(SPU-X r5559 2.0.0 [SPU-X r5559]>configure
3.Mixing settings>Interpolation 1-Linear Simple/okay sound
4.Output Settings>Module>2-Direct sound (nice)
5.volume-100%>Latency 50 ms (avg)
6.Synchrozation Mode>Time Stretch (Recommended)
7.Advanced>Sequence length=45 >Seekwindow Size=22 >Overlap=15
8.Audio Expansion Mode>Stereo (none,default)
9.Output Settings>Module>2-Direct Sound (nice)>configure
10.DirectSound Device>Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio) Note-I have Realtek High Definition Audio,select which device your computer have Smile
11.Output buffers > 5 (27ms latency)

settings in pcsx2
1.config>Emulation settings>GS>Base Framerate Adjust>120%
other all default settings
2.in pcsx2 folder>inis>pcsx2_vm>Framerate NTSC=25>Framerate PAL=25

I hope these settings help u little!!!! Smile

that may works some games, but other doesn't
Now Im desparate to improve boost performance since dev think it break many games. Sad
(03-22-2013, 05:48 PM)billyash Wrote: that may works some games, but other doesn't
Now Im desparate to improve boost performance since dev think it break many games. Sad

Don't you see that reducing the FPS (in a FPS dependent sync) to half or even more is going to create problems?

I tried already to tell you that is not the PC FPS is being talked but the PS2 FPS. With those changes you may still get 60 FPS at the emulator's output, but like speedkaks that comes with a price and that one is a VERY radical speedhack.

In the simplest way I can find to tell it, what is being done is reducing to half the "actual" frames to be rendered and then forcing the buffer to be sent to the video card output at greater rate, what mean you are repeating same frames instead the normal flow.

PS: Since rendering is much more demanding than simply resending an already filled buffer, slow machines may see a "performance improvement" and the price may be "acceptable" for there is no other way to accomplish it in this case. But that is not something to be done in a machine that can render the correct number of frames in due time and that is a very daring speed hack to ever be put as option on the GUI, actually it was there (the possibility to change TV defaults in those nowadays grayed out boxes) and was removed because the number of issues it caused not so long ago (so, is not only the devs "think" it may break games, it already did).

PPS: Anyway, is not for me to tell if should or shouldn't be put on the GUI your suggestion, that if I understood correctly is to automatically adjusting the frame limiter to whatever reduction inputted on the TV default. That's a resolution that only the responsible for PCSX2 development and administration can take.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(03-22-2013, 07:06 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Don't you see that reducing the FPS (in a FPS dependent sync) to half or even more is going to create problems?

I tried already to tell you that is not the PC FPS is being talked but the PS2 FPS. With those changes you may still get 60 FPS at the emulator's output, but like speedkaks that comes with a price and that one is a VERY radical speedhack.

In the simplest way I can find to tell it, what is being done is reducing to half the "actual" frames to be rendered and then forcing the buffer to be sent to the video card output at greater rate, what mean you are repeating same frames instead the normal flow.

PS: Since rendering is much more demanding than simply resending an already filled buffer, slow machines may see a "performance improvement" and the price may be "acceptable" for there is no other way to accomplish it in this case. But that is not something to be done in a machine that can render the correct number of frames in due time and that is a very daring speed hack to ever be put as option on the GUI, actually it was there (the possibility to change TV defaults in those nowadays grayed out boxes) and was removed because the number of issues it caused not so long ago.

ok, thanks Smile you are THE BEST , and thanks again for explaining everything... Dev don't want break emulator itself... Even set limiter automatic Smile
(03-22-2013, 07:35 PM)billyash Wrote: ok, thanks Smile you are THE BEST , and thanks again for explaining everything... Dev don't want break emulator itself... Even set limiter automatic Smile

As I said before also, I know they are interested in anything able to increase performance, and if they find a way to do that hack without losing the sync, it will be implemented, you can be sure.

PS: The inverse applies as well, if is found a way to change the actual PS2 FPS without losing sync, by increasing it the emulator would play a game with a smoothness the actual console never would... but would be needed machine power as do not exist today also, I fear. If I recall correctly, exist a thread about something like this already on the forums.
Imagination is where we are truly real