Optimal Performance Settings
I'm having a blast with PCSX2, revisiting some games I haven't played in ages. Everything seems to be running great for the most part on my Macbook Pro 2022 (specs below), but when it comes to my favorite game, True Crime: Streets of New York, I can't seem to figure out how to set it up to avoid intermittent slow-downs that make it unplayable. I'm inclined to believe the answer is somewhere in these settings & not an issue of inadequate hardware - all of the other games I've tried, including many newer, seemingly more CPU-intensive titles run just fine.

Any advice very much appreciated!

Sponsored links

(08-17-2022, 06:26 PM)eightball298 Wrote: I'm having a blast with PCSX2, revisiting some games I haven't played in ages. Everything seems to be running great for the most part on my Macbook Pro 2022 (specs below), but when it comes to my favorite game, True Crime: Streets of New York, I can't seem to figure out how to set it up to avoid intermittent slow-downs that make it unplayable. I'm inclined to believe the answer is somewhere in these settings & not an issue of inadequate hardware - all of the other games I've tried, including many newer, seemingly more CPU-intensive titles run just fine.

Any advice very much appreciated!

Go into the Graphics Settings OSD tab, and check all the boxes there.  Then wait for it to slow down and grab a screenshot of the statistics that should be showing in the upper right corner and post it here.
(08-17-2022, 11:28 PM)TellowKrinkle Wrote: Go into the Graphics Settings OSD tab, and check all the boxes there.  Then wait for it to slow down and grab a screenshot of the statistics that should be showing in the upper right corner and post it here.

Try enabling MTVU in general settings

Also you can set texture preloading to full in the graphics settings as well
(08-20-2022, 07:08 AM)TellowKrinkle Wrote: Try enabling MTVU in general settings

Also you can set texture preloading to full in the graphics settings as well

Interesting... those 2 adjustments made it super fast ... so I went back in and messed with the Turbo/Slow Motion settings again & I again get the random slow motion clips but it does seem better overall... I do recall some similar slow-downs on the original hardware, so I wonder if it is completely solvable .. It is very difficult to see exactly what effect those Turbo/Slow Mo settings have or where the sweet spot will be... but the MTVU thing definitely was a step in the right direction - well, too many steps, but I think I'm closer anyway.. I'd love to connect with someone trying to play the same game but I'll keep messing with it. Thanks for the assist - and if you think of anything else, please chime in !