PCSX2 0.9.7 beta released!
wow nice job

Sponsored links

So I tried out the new beta and saw that you could disc swap but I haven't gotten it to work with monster rancher 4. I've tried to do it different ways and I can't seem to get it. Is this swapping fully implemented or still in the works? I didn't see it mentioned on the changes list so I didn't even know that it would be in 0.9.7. Any help on this matter would be appreciated.
It's "still in the works", sorta. Actually we're a bit baffled what's wrong Tongue2
What about the option to skip frames only when framerate drops below a user-set value? Is it gone for good or are you planning to re-implement it later?
Been a while since i posted anything, just saw that the new beta was released, tested it and i must say great Job all you dev people. =)

Thank you for the best Emulator ever !

(gets back to playing Gradius V in 1080p)
Check my profile for System Specs (Updated).

My Youtube Channel: Dedicated to Anime, Gaming and Emulation.
wow all my ps2 games works MUCH faster now, especially KH2 Laugh and my computer stinks in pcsx2 specs wise. yay
the cutscenes even look better n all
Yeah that frame limit thing didnt make a lot of sense to me. I didn't really see a way to actually control the frame rate limit at all except to draw x amount and then skip y amount, but that was an on/off thing not something that kicks in if its too low. As for Base Framerate Adjust, Slow Motion Adjust, and Turbo Adjust, I didnt see how to use those at all.
(06-03-2010, 09:39 PM)Macainian Wrote: Yeah that frame limit thing didnt make a lot of sense to me. I didn't really see a way to actually control the frame rate limit at all except to draw x amount and then skip y amount, but that was an on/off thing not something that kicks in if its too low. As for Base Framerate Adjust, Slow Motion Adjust, and Turbo Adjust, I didnt see how to use those at all.

The Framelimiter is kinda useless !! .. whether you get perfect 'vsynced' 50/60 fps or just let you're machine render as fast as possible .. which is the actual 'turbo' .. just in case your machine is capable of emulating a specific part faster than the PS2 would run that !! .. Same with the SlowMo setting !! ..

Frameskipping doesn't work actually .. for me !! .. The GUI doesn't really store the set value .. but loads it from the ini !! .. So .. setting it in the ini file only changes it !! .. This is kinda 'bug' that needs to be reported .. but .. the frameskipping breaks most games anyway .. using it with vucyclesteal for example .. and GSDX shows 'dead' skipframes in most cases .. I figured !! .. So .. it's better off !! ..

It's not much of a performance relevant option anyway .. since the mVU still does a ***** of work that should be skipped within the skipped frames !! .. That needs to be fixed .. to make it relevant again !! .. The 'old' Vu-Skip code did that really good .. with proper fixed frameskip code in GSplugins !! .. That's to rework on !! ..
It's not really possible to skip the mVU code, because a lot of that has to do with transforming previous data. If the code was skipped, it'd 'forget' some pretty important stuff, and games would break. Smile
Thanks for your insights (and exclamation marks), haxor.
I'm sure you've seen all the posts in which we state that the VU skip hack will not come back.
Right besides those posts you can also find the reason why frame skipping works so bad on a PS2.

So in conclusion (again): We won't "fix" VU skip, it should never have existed.