PCSX2 Logo Design Contest!
(05-08-2009, 07:43 PM)Zeydlitz Wrote: By the way, I must note, that trianle-circle-cross-square is Sony trademark. So usage of this symbols in logotype could lead to lagal trouble.

I thought PS2 console' Photos or images should not be used. And Font drawn onto PS2 product, too.

Sponsored links

I actually REALLY like these ones
http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-5617-post...l#pid50483
(05-17-2009, 04:32 PM)NeoCloudstrife Wrote: I actually REALLY like these ones
http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-5617-post...l#pid50483

BiggrinThanks I did my best I could. I figured the new logo should be more Ps3ish.
I submitted my logo and icon variations here Smile
(04-23-2009, 02:07 PM)vsub Wrote: I like those it perfectly suits my black theme
[Image: 80727534.jpg]

Thanks, I'm glad you liked it.Biggrin
If anyone have any ideas to improve it, just let me know.Smile
Hey guys. What do you think of mine? I was trying to go for something a little more friendly that some of the others. I did this pretty quickly so sorry for it being a bit sloppy.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-5617-post...l#pid51106
hmm, i like this one (how he put a "DVD" into the picture) Smile
http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-5617-post...l#pid52288
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
Hi guys. Smile I'm no one official, but I'd like to give my feedback on what I've seen submitted thus far. This is a repost of my earlier comments from the contest submission thread, and I decided to share it here also after someone recommended it. I'm trying not to sound like a picky/frustrating art teacher (I'm not a teacher or professional, after all) but I do have opinions so don't take any offense.

The key elements I believe are blue, iconic representations of PlayStation, and some presence of minimalism (a very established trend with logos as we step further into the 21st century). Below are my current favorites of what has been entered, with commentary.

by Nanxo
[Image: attachment.php?aid=16547]

Definitely my favorite from the first 5 pages. It's clean and not repetitive (This is why I picked it over your others). The imagery is fresh and the font is a fashionable pick. Nice work. I like your icon too, although I think you should remove the small details from the controller (branding, text like ANALOG, etc). Also I don't think we should use the Spiderman font anywhere for a PS2 emu. It's indeed PlayStation, but it's PlayStation 3. If you look at reception for that font, many consider it to be over-stylized and a bit tacky. Smile Thumbs up!

by Gentjan
[Image: pcsx2_l.jpg]

Excellent 3d work, Gentjan! The well-recognized hexagonal-cylinder star's inclusion is a plus for any PCSX2 logo, as it holds the proper assocation. I like your font as well, especially the combined X & 2.

by SouthCross
[Image: LogoPCSX2.png]

The multi-layer splash caught my eye, and the font is respectable. I like what you did with the X, also! And while many submissions are suffering from excessive maximalism, I definitely feel you can afford to add more to yours! There's just so much white space where it feels like something is absent.

by Shuriaki
[Image: attachment.php?aid=17626]
As with SouthCross', I like the X here, but especially so because of the refraction and mirroring effects you adeptly utilized. The 3d angle is probably the best of the set you shared, given that it was difficult to just pick one of them. #17547 is a close secondary choice!

by glitchd
[Image: attachment.php?aid=18752]
High praise to you for truly going in a new direction! This is unquestionably the most jubilant of the bunch right now. It's sharp, it's clean, and it looks professional. And while I don't know how many PCSX2 users set the controller's face buttons to W,A,S, & D, it gets the point across. I also extol your multi-color version, but I'm curious about what happened to the colors as they are slightly off from the reference Sony Dualshocks. This is an artist's choice, lest I forget. Bravo, nonetheless!

by Kryder
[Image: attachment.php?aid=18988]
Admittedly, something tells me it is too much like the current logo, yet I can't help but like this one. You used some very attractive colors! I like the gradients on the font/background and the floor reflection effect is a very Web 2.0 thing as we are seeing it all over the place on the internet, which is not a bad thing at all; however there seems to be a bit of an issue with the "p" and I can see how that happened. It'd be great if you had a way to resolve this. And I firmly believe you shouldn't be afraid to make your creation more unique, to differentiate it from what we have on PCSX2 now.

While I feel all of the above are the choicest candidates for PCSX2's new logo, it is always true there is room for improvement! The vast majority of the entries contain either too much activity, redundant textual information, disagreeable color palettes, or fonts that either feel outdated, too intricate, or just overused.

Keep up the creativity guys! Biggrin
thanks for the comments surface Smile , i fix the image and quit the spiderman font and ps2 buttons, hope that you like, are 2 version of the same logo, one with ps2 buttons and other without this.

PD: sorry for my english Wacko

http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-5617-post...l#pid37975
The due date is coming up for this contest, so if anyone is planning on entering and hasn't, please make your submission soon! xD
Check out my blog: Trashcan of Code